X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Buckeye Blowout Will Cost Smith

NFL Scouts watching this game have to be wondering about smith..... His line or being with out his main weapon Ginn JR idn't help, But neither did his poor throws on out passes.

The speed of Florida really killed Ohio St. Their tackles look like their feet were in Cement. Smith who is supposed to be playing in the senior bowl will need a good week just to get him back in rd 2.. When measured he should be about 5-11 which with tonight's performance will drop him out of rd 1 and into rd 2....

To Troy's credit he showed heart and good sportmanship walking off the field after congratulating Leak with a smile on his face....Head held high....The guy has one thing that NFL scouts can't deny Character......No matter what he does in the coming weeks in the draft process he will always have that.. So don't count him out yet....Some team could get a player who will help their team win down the road... IN RD 2

BMAX
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Buckeye Blowout Will Cost Smith

...the next Michael Vick...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
      • Mar 2005

He won't be judged on one game but it definitely didn't move him forward!

Comment

• Bmax
        • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        ...the next Michael Vick...
        Way off .....Vick doesn't have an ounce of character .. The comprasion has no merit.. We talking about a guy runs first .. Smith usually waits in the pocket to throw...It will be tough for him at first. He has to get in the right system..

With petrino in atlanta vick may be ready bloom or ship out of the ATL...

Bmax

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          A game I do need to watch: Ohio State vs. Florida.

Let me take the excitement out now: Ohio State are the National Champions because it was just given to them 10 minutes ago.

Michigan plays at Ohio State, where the home team always gets 3 points to start on the spread, and Michigan loses by 3. Why are they #3 instead of #2? Because nobody wants to see them play Ohio State again? MORONIC.

Florida will lose by at least 3 touchdowns!! What a waste of a season.

I'm done watching college football. It's officially a waste of time.

S E mother f'n C.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bmax
            Way off .....Vick doesn't have an ounce of character .. The comprasion has no merit.. We talking about a guy runs first .. Smith usually waits in the pocket to throw...It will be tough for him at first. He has to get in the right system..

With petrino in atlanta vick may be ready bloom or ship out of the ATL...

Bmax

Vick doesn't have character? Because he gave some fan the middle finger?

Or because he gave herpes to some woman?

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
              Vick doesn't have character? Because he gave some fan the middle finger?

Or because he gave herpes to some woman?
              Uh, that pretty much sums it up... and it was about 65,000 fans.

He has no class. If he did, he would be a better role model, which by the way, the NFL invested so much money into marketing him and incase you didn't notice, you don't see Vick as much as you used to. The NFL frowns upon handing out STDs and having crackhead brothers. Not saying it't Michael's fault Marcus is an idiot, but it doesn't help his image.

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Ohio Chestnuts

Comment

• The King
                  Without me it's just Awe so
                  • Jun 2004

Smith has not even been projected to go in the first round. I think he has all the talent in the world but it seems his size has teams second guessing him.
                  I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                  "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                  You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                  It was all
                  true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                  He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                  mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

NFL Scouts watching this game have to be wondering about smith..... His line or being with out his main weapon Ginn JR idn't help, But neither did his poor throws on out passes.

The speed of Florida really killed Ohio St. Their tackles look like their feet were in Cement. Smith who is supposed to be playing in the senior bowl will need a good week just to get him back in rd 2.. When measured he should be about 5-11 which with tonight's performance will drop him out of rd 1 and into rd 2....

To Troy's credit he showed heart and good sportmanship walking off the field after congratulating Leak with a smile on his face....Head held high....The guy has one thing that NFL scouts can't deny Character......No matter what he does in the coming weeks in the draft process he will always have that.. So don't count him out yet....Some team could get a player who will help their team win down the road... IN RD 2

BMAX
                    By the way, if you watched the game, and yes it was just one, you would have no interest in Pitcock.

Troy Smith was overrated from day one. Hes probably a Shuan King type who gets grabbed by a late 1st team.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

BMAX
                      anyone who thinks this guy will ever take significant snaps as an nfl qb is dreaming. this guy should pray someone drafts him to make him into a slash at best or maybe a 3rd qb. a real NFL QB is WAY out of his reach and i didnt need last nights game to tell u that!!!!!!!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
                          By the way, if you watched the game, and yes it was just one, you would have no interest in Pitcock.

Troy Smith was overrated from day one. Hes probably a Shuan King type who gets grabbed by a late 1st team.

Pitcock=Tim Anderson! No Thanks!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Smith is too small. He might even slip out of day 1. The game last night had nothing to do with it, he is just too small.

Just because a guy is a great college QB doesn't mean it translates to the NFL. Ask one of the Detmers.

Comment

• Devin
                              The Octagon
                              • Apr 2003

or Jason White, or Eric Crouch.
                              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X