PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Tired....

jamze132
01-09-2007, 04:07 PM
Of hearing about this "Tampa 2" scheme. Come the **** on people! Why do the Buffalo Bills have to emulate every team that runs a "Tampa 2" style of defense?

The original idea called for "fast" and "penetrating" DTs, Tampa Bay and Chicago made it work with their personnel. It doesn't mean that Buffalo has to copy them. Why can't we have fat asses on the D Line?

I just don't understand why we have to try and copy someone. Who the **** ever said that you can't play a "Cover 2" with fat asses? This is getting old. It's evident around the NFL you need fatness to stop the run.

I vote we create our own style of defense called "Ass to Mouth". I would rather do that then watch little DTs get run over to the tune of 140 yds per game.

The last buffalo fan
01-09-2007, 05:04 PM
Of hearing about this "Tampa 2" scheme. Come the **** on people! Why do the Buffalo Bills have to emulate every team that runs a "Tampa 2" style of defense?

The original idea called for "fast" and "penetrating" DTs, Tampa Bay and Chicago made it work with their personnel. It doesn't mean that Buffalo has to copy them. Why can't we have fat asses on the D Line?

I just don't understand why we have to try and copy someone. Who the **** ever said that you can't play a "Cover 2" with fat asses? This is getting old. It's evident around the NFL you need fatness to stop the run.

I vote we create our own style of defense called "Ass to Mouth". I would rather do that then watch little DTs get run over to the tune of 140 yds per game.

I'm in your ass, mouth, or whatever you call it. :up:

jamze132
01-10-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm in your ass, mouth, or whatever you call it. :up:
Ass to mouth is nothing I think you want to do. But it might be more fun than watching everyone run at will on us.

Jan Reimers
01-10-2007, 07:51 AM
We already have a good nucleus of defensive players, so maybe with another draft and FA signing period, we'll have the personnel to be able to play the Tampa 2 effectively.

THATHURMANATOR
01-10-2007, 07:57 AM
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired....

Ickybaluky
01-10-2007, 08:00 AM
I am sick and tired of being sick and tired....

Thurm! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be moderating the Buffalo Forum?

jamze132
01-10-2007, 08:51 AM
We already have a good nucleus of defensive players, so maybe with another draft and FA signing period, we'll have the personnel to be able to play the Tampa 2 effectively.
My point is that we don't have to play a "Tampa 2". We can use bits and pieces of it to create what works for us. I hate it when people say we have to do this or we have to do that just to appease the "Tampa 2" scheme.

Night Train
01-10-2007, 09:10 AM
The Bills could run a Hybrid of the Cover 2 on certain plays but don't need to be married to it on every down.

The DE's still line up too wide. More size is needed at DT.The LB's need to move up a few feet. The Safties need to move way up to help on the run. Too much open field up the middle.

Stopping the run is job 1.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-10-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm not sick, but I am a little tired.

The last buffalo fan
01-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm not sick, but I am a little tired.

Are you tired?? You sick ghost of Jim Kelly!!!!

Jan Reimers
01-10-2007, 01:11 PM
My point is that we don't have to play a "Tampa 2". We can use bits and pieces of it to create what works for us. I hate it when people say we have to do this or we have to do that just to appease the "Tampa 2" scheme.
I agree, and I think most people feel that the best coaches adopt systems that best fit their personnel, rather than trying to force personnel into systems that don't really suit them.

I'm just hopeful that if Jauron and Company are absolutely in love with a Tampa 2 type defense, we will finish the job of adding guys who can play it well.

PECKERWOOD
01-10-2007, 01:18 PM
This is going to be a lonnnnnng offseason...

ajsdx
01-10-2007, 01:43 PM
This is going to be a lonnnnnng offseason...

ain't it?

jamze132
01-10-2007, 04:14 PM
I agree, and I think most people feel that the best coaches adopt systems that best fit their personnel, rather than trying to force personnel into systems that don't really suit them.

I'm just hopeful that if Jauron and Company are absolutely in love with a Tampa 2 type defense, we will finish the job of adding guys who can play it well.
Bingo! That is the biggest coach killer.

Coaches have to create a scheme that suits their players. And it's obvious who the good coaches out there are. We are on teh up and up.