PDA

View Full Version : Denver looking to move up with third round pick to offer

jpdex12
01-09-2007, 06:06 PM
It's early, but it wouldn't come as a surprise to sources in Denver to see the Broncos package their extra third-round pick from Washington in the Ashley Lelie (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5905) three-team trade in an effort to move up and land an impact defensive end in the draft.

Wonder who the partner will be?

kernowboy
01-09-2007, 06:20 PM
hopefully us ... we can still get Poslusny or Okoye and the extra pick may allow us then to package our 2nd and 3rd to move up for the other one.

the extra 3rd could then go on the OL .. fingers crossed for Doug Free

a starting LB, a starting NT and maybe a starting OG or T

Would be an excellent Day1

jpdex12
01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
Not familiar with Doug Free.

In any matter, the draft will be exciting and again this year, I think that we can expect some suprises. I know that we need to solidify our defensive line but if Ted Ginn or Dwayne Jerrett is there at 12 they'd be hard to pass for a #2 receiver. If Buffalo thinks that they can grab a top notch offensive player (WR), look to see a trade down by us and then pairing up a second and third rounder for a later first rounder. It's a crap shoot though. We pulled off the double first round pick last year and didn't get hurt financially. We kept our first rounder this year as well.

Just think if we are forced to trade Willis due to contract trouble and we get a second or third round pick...what suprises we will see then in the draft. I honestly don't think that I would mind that!

jpdex12
01-09-2007, 07:24 PM
In either event we need help on defense. Could you imagine grabbing a heralded LB stud like Patrick Willis with the #12 pick and then trading our second and third rounder for a late first rounder and grabbing a DT which there are plenty of? This is what we did last year if I remember correctly.

jamze132
01-10-2007, 05:23 AM

In any matter, the draft will be exciting and again this year, I think that we can expect some suprises. I know that we need to solidify our defensive line but if Ted Ginn or Dwayne Jerrett is there at 12 they'd be hard to pass for a #2 receiver. If Buffalo thinks that they can grab a top notch offensive player (WR), look to see a trade down by us and then pairing up a second and third rounder for a later first rounder. It's a crap shoot though. We pulled off the double first round pick last year and didn't get hurt financially. We kept our first rounder this year as well.

Just think if we are forced to trade Willis due to contract trouble and we get a second or third round pick...what suprises we will see then in the draft. I honestly don't think that I would mind that!
After seeing Ginn Jr. sit out the championship game, I don't know about his heart. That was the biggest game of his career and never went back in there after he sprained his ankle. You could see him on the sideline walking without much of a limp as well as jumping around trying to pump up the crowd.

I am sorry, but if my leg isn't broken, and I can jump up and down, I am going back in there for the biggest game of my life. My leg can heal after the game.

kernowboy
01-10-2007, 07:14 AM

Doug Free OT, 6ft7, 302lbs. Played LT for the Northern Illinois Huskies but some see him as a Steinbach like LG. Has the feet to play LT in the NFL so at the very least gives us decent cover if Jason Peters got hurt

TigerJ
01-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Gaines Adams is the only DE that I could see the Broncos wanting to move up for Quentin Moses had a disappointing year and may project to the pros as a linebacker anyway, especially in the 3-4. I'm not sure that pick #12 would assure Denver of access to Adams.

LifetimeBillsFan
01-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Gaines Adams is the only DE that I could see the Broncos wanting to move up for Quentin Moses had a disappointing year and may project to the pros as a linebacker anyway, especially in the 3-4. I'm not sure that pick #12 would assure Denver of access to Adams.

What about Jamaal Anderson from Arkansas, who just declared for the draft? Some mocks/rankings have him going pretty high.

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 09:18 AM
What about Jamaal Anderson from Arkansas, who just declared for the draft? Some mocks/rankings have him going pretty high.

Yeah, Kiper has him at 5th place on his list of prospects coming out this year.. It's weird how such a high ranked talent can go virtually undiscovered for so long. Just goes to show you that nobody here has a clue what they are talking about.

TigerJ
01-11-2007, 12:42 PM

I just saw that. He might be a possibility for Denver at !2.

jamze132
01-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Yeah, Kiper has him at 5th place on his list of prospects coming out this year.. It's weird how such a high ranked talent can go virtually undiscovered for so long. Just goes to show you that nobody here has a clue what they are talking about.
Kiper is a *** stain.

jamze132
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Getting Ashley Lelie is worth a a third rounder.

alohabillsfan
01-12-2007, 09:20 AM
It's early, but it wouldn't come as a surprise to sources in Denver to see the Broncos package their extra third-round pick from Washington in the Ashley Lelie (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=5905) three-team trade in an effort to move up and land an impact defensive end in the draft.

Wonder who the partner will be?

We really could be the dance partner for this! Here is the deal Denver moves to 12 Buffalo moves to 21 and receives the 6th and 21st pick in the 3rd round. Per the chart the move up for Denver cost 400 points their combined worth of their 3rd round choices is 410...

Personally I hope we do this we can get an impact player at 21 and have 3 3rd rounders!

oak tree 12
01-12-2007, 12:02 PM
In either event we need help on defense. Could you imagine grabbing a heralded LB stud like Patrick Willis with the #12 pick and then trading our second and third rounder for a late first rounder and grabbing a DT which there are plenty of? This is what we did last year if I remember correctly.

by all accounts this is a bad year for dt;'s.