PDA

View Full Version : Yes it's possible but will it happen for the 3rd time in 4 years?

jpdex12
01-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Will the Bills use two first round picks in the 2007 draft?
If so, it would take a 2nd and 3rd round pick to move back up to the 1st. Does anyone know if the point totals from our second and third equal a late first round pick?
Who should they take? Patrick Willis at #12 and a stud DT with the second first round pick would be nice. Maybe Marcus Thomas DT from Florida.

BILLSROCK1212
01-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Willis, right now looks like he will be selected later than 12 and Marcus Thomas is a definite no, no just check out the bottom of this......http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotlist.html

feelthepain
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Will the Bills use two first round picks in the 2007 draft?
If so, it would take a 2nd and 3rd round pick to move back up to the 1st. Does anyone know if the point totals from our second and third equal a late first round pick?
Who should they take? Patrick Willis at #12 and a stud DT with the second first round pick would be nice. Maybe Marcus Thomas DT from Florida.

It would take more then that. Look at the vaule chart. I think the Pats are the only team with two first round picks, you'd have to give up a player aswell.

Devin
01-09-2007, 09:42 PM
It would take more then that. Look at the vaule chart. I think the Pats are the only team with two first round picks, you'd have to give up a player aswell.

Even if it were low 1st round?

G. Host
01-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Not necessarily if they trade their pick for two 1st round picks with a playoff team who loses a tagged player and gets pick in compensation. Remember the year the Jets had 4 1st round picks?

feelthepain
01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
Even if it were low 1st round?

Like I said, the Pats are the only team (I believe) with 2 first round picks. You could trade a futre pick, but it's unlikely. The Pats pick from Seattle will probably be in the 24 to 26 range and their own pick could be near the same or lower depending on how far they go in the playoffs, I think Seattle loses this week, so I think they're draft position is set. The Pats won't win the SB this year...IMO so they will probably finish 27 or 28th. I don't have the value Chart but the value drops quickly, especailly once you step out of the first round. You also have to consider the strength of the Draft year and what will be avalible in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to determine the value of those picks, plus the fact of where the Bills are drafting (12) if the Bills were in the 3 or 4 range your 2nd and 3rd round pick become much more valuable...obviously. You also have to find a team that's good enough to be willing to trade away their first round pick. I honestly don't think the Pats will want to help make the Bills get better. IMO you'll need to add a player to pull that trade.

kernowboy
01-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Last year we took advantage of the Bears to move back into the first round for McCargo.

I would be happy if we traded down from 12 to 21 for the Broncos pick. This would garnish us at least a Round 3

I would hope that we could pick up Paul Posluszny LB here.

I would then package our R2 and R3 together to move up (if it were necessary) and pick up hopefully Amobi Okoye NT

With the extra R3 pick acquired from the Posluzny trade down I would look to get the best OL available, and hope Doug Free was there

So potentially we could go

Posluzny LB
then
Okoye NT
then
Free T/G

I'd be happy to take a Day1 of the draft like that now

jamze132
01-10-2007, 05:18 AM
You want McGahee?

feelthepain
01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
You want McGahee?

Obviously we don't need a RB, besides Willis is a very good back he wasn't the Bills problem this year, you need an Oline.

jamze132
01-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Obviously we don't need a RB, besides Willis is a very good back he wasn't the Bills problem this year, you need an Oline.
Well after our bye week, our O-line played pretty damn well, and as the offense as a whole got better, JP got better, the receiver's got better, but Willis, nope. He didn't get better at all. we averaged over 23 points per game after the bye and he didn't have a whole lot to do with that.

feelthepain
01-10-2007, 05:41 PM
Well after our bye week, our O-line played pretty damn well, and as the offense as a whole got better, JP got better, the receiver's got better, but Willis, nope. He didn't get better at all. we averaged over 23 points per game after the bye and he didn't have a whole lot to do with that.

Ya know I keep hearing you Bill fasns talk about this improvement, but it isn't reflected in your stats, If your Oline was "pretty damn good" why didn't Willis have better numbers?? Are gonna say Willis lost his ability the second half of the season?? I don't think Willis was the Bills problem. The Bills were 3-5 the first half of the season and 4-4 the second half of the season and losing your last two, thats a one game improvement, not exactly a big difference,

jpdex12
01-11-2007, 08:19 AM

Isn't that what we did last year to get back into the first round? Trade our 2 and 3 for a late first round pick?

jpdex12
01-11-2007, 08:21 AM
If someone has the point totals according to draft position they will be able to answer this question...

What could Buffalo get in return if we just switched positions with Denver in the draft? Would it be worth just a third round pick from Denver to us to give them our 12th spot for their 21st or would it be more like a second round pick for the swap?

BillsNick
01-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Ya know I keep hearing you Bill fasns talk about this improvement, but it isn't reflected in your stats, If your Oline was "pretty damn good" why didn't Willis have better numbers?? Are gonna say Willis lost his ability the second half of the season?? I don't think Willis was the Bills problem. The Bills were 3-5 the first half of the season and 4-4 the second half of the season and losing your last two, thats a one game improvement, not exactly a big difference,

Oh, so you watched all of our games this year? Willis never had any "ability" this year at all. While he wasn't the only problem, he certainly didn't help our team very much this year.

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Isn't that what we did last year to get back into the first round? Trade our 2 and 3 for a late first round pick?

Last years draft was very deep, this years draft looks more like 2005, except there is more talent at the QB position coming out. It's gonna be tough to find equal value in the mid 2nd and 3rd round that will equal a late first. I just don't see it this year. It's always possible the teams drafting late may not see a player on the board that excites them and they may be willing to give up their spot, I just don't see much better in the 3nd and 3rd round worthy of the trade. JMO.

jamze132
01-11-2007, 10:42 AM
You obviously didn't read what I said. My point was that everyone on the offense improved except for Willis.

And everyone outside of FTP Land can see that the Bills improved dramatically after the Bye.

gr8slayer
01-11-2007, 10:45 AM
A Fish *** trying to tell us what's wrong with our team? hahahah

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 01:10 PM
You obviously didn't read what I said. My point was that everyone on the offense improved except for Willis.

And everyone outside of FTP Land can see that the Bills improved dramatically after the Bye.

Well everybody in Bill land are seeing something that isn't there, 27th ranked O and 4-4 in the second half of the season losing your last two games.....PLEASE GOD, tell me where this improvment is??

kernowboy
01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Last years draft was very deep, this years draft looks more like 2005, except there is more talent at the QB position coming out. It's gonna be tough to find equal value in the mid 2nd and 3rd round that will equal a late first. I just don't see it this year. It's always possible the teams drafting late may not see a player on the board that excites them and they may be willing to give up their spot, I just don't see much better in the 3nd and 3rd round worthy of the trade. JMO.

there's also great OT depth especially players with LT feet ... we could do with depth behind Peters

kernowboy
01-11-2007, 02:29 PM
if we trade McGahee after the draft we might get a better return from teams who missed on a RB - a higher pick in the 2008 draft

A ground attack of A-Train and maybe Duckett from FA could hold the fort until 2008 when we could draft Steve Slaton or the like

jamze132
01-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Well everybody in Bill land are seeing something that isn't there, 27th ranked O and 4-4 in the second half of the season losing your last two games.....PLEASE GOD, tell me where this improvment is??
OK. I will show you something to prove that there was improvement after the bye week.

Before bye week:

2 wins / 5 Losses
Offense averaged 14 points per game
Defense allowed average of 22 points per game

After bye week:

5 Wins / 4 Losses
Offense averaged 22 points per game
Defense allowed average of 14.5 points per game

I don't know if I can explain it any clearer to you.

jamze132
01-11-2007, 03:55 PM
If the Bills are going to trade away their first round pick, I hope they trade it to a team that picks in the top 5 so we could get a high second and high third. But I would rather just hang onto the 12th overall and take BPA.

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
if we trade McGahee after the draft we might get a better return from teams who missed on a RB - a higher pick in the 2008 draft

A ground attack of A-Train and maybe Duckett from FA could hold the fort until 2008 when we could draft Steve Slaton or the like

The Giants need a RB.

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 07:59 PM
OK. I will show you something to prove that there was improvement after the bye week.

Before bye week:

2 wins / 5 Losses

After bye week:

5 Wins / 4 Losses

OR...before the midway point, 3-5 after the midway point 4-4, if you brake it up to make it apear you're improving it's like smoke and mirrors. baiscally a healthy Bills team ends thier season losing both thier final games your O ranks in the bottom of the league in rushing and passing and your Run D is also near last in the league.

You want to play that game? Miami was 2-6 before their bye and 4-4 after, we must have be an improving team!! With MM, Joey Harrington and Sammy Morris!!! We finish with the 4th best D in the league and 20th ranked O in the league, so who's really improving? Your theory is stupid!

jpdex12
01-11-2007, 09:32 PM

I don't think that it matters who's in the draft from one year to the next, the point system for what each draft pick is worth doesn't change from year to year. Correct me if I'm wrong somebody. So if it took a 2nd and a 3rd to move back into the first round last year then the points are still the same if two teams wanted to strike a deal like this. It just matters that the trade is fair according to the points and the two teams each have interest in switching.

jpdex12
01-11-2007, 09:35 PM

Before bye week:

2 wins / 5 Losses

After bye week:

5 Wins / 4 Losses

Plus the teams that we lost against in the second half of the season were all top notch teams and we lost by a hand full of points to them...not blow outs, they were close. We are improving!

jpdex12
01-11-2007, 09:37 PM
If the Bills are going to trade away their first round pick, I hope they trade it to a team that picks in the top 5 so we could get a high second and high third. But I would rather just hang onto the 12th overall and take BPA.

I don't see them getting rid of a 1st round pick, I see them using the #12 spot and also picking up another late 1st rounder with a trade of 2nd and 3rd like last year. That would be stupid to trade away the #12 spot unless there is a big return.

oak tree 12
01-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Willis, right now looks like he will be selected later than 12 and Marcus Thomas is a definite no, no just check out the bottom of this......http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotlist.html

it will be interesting to see what we do this year. according to espn's scouts inc willis isn't even in their top 32 players and kipers big board does not have him in his top 25. the only stud dt seems to be branch and he will be long gone. the ot's after thomas are nothing special,all the stud players seem to be skill players,which we do not need. looks to me like trading down is a very distinct possibility.

jamze132
01-16-2007, 07:15 AM
FTP is in serious denial. You like to argue rediculous points and then try to turn other people's points around. Start having a civilized conversation or STFU.

feelthepain
01-16-2007, 08:07 AM
FTP is in serious denial. You like to argue rediculous points and then try to turn other people's points around. Start having a civilized conversation or STFU.

I will be glad to have a civilized conversation, but Bill fans are incapable. I've tried posting respectfully here, it's like pissing on a forrest fire. Bill fans for the most part are to immature to post in the real world, if you say the slightest thing that upsets them they strat silinging mud. After a while it gets old, so I sling mud back. It would help if the respectful Bill fans here would try to keep this site respectable, but they don't, so I assume it's the way Bill fans want it. If I have to deal with the stupid crap, I guess so do you.

BTW, why don't you stop posting like a 7-9 Bills team is much better then a 6-10 Dolphins team. We were top 5 on D and we had a ton of injuries on the O side of the ball and still finished 20th overall, but Bill fans act as if we were in last place in every category, while the Bills were actually close to last in nearly every category, but they are improving? I'd love to know what planet the 27th passing game, 28th running game and 28 Rush D is improving because it aint improving here on earth. You want to be civilized, wake up and post like the fan of a team that lost 9 games, at that point 9 games or 10 games lost, what's the frikin difference?? At least Miami lost 10 games with their backups.

jamze132
01-17-2007, 08:00 AM
I will be glad to have a civilized conversation, but Bill fans are incapable. I've tried posting respectfully here, it's like pissing on a forrest fire. Bill fans for the most part are to immature to post in the real world, if you say the slightest thing that upsets them they strat silinging mud. After a while it gets old, so I sling mud back. It would help if the respectful Bill fans here would try to keep this site respectable, but they don't, so I assume it's the way Bill fans want it. If I have to deal with the stupid crap, I guess so do you.

BTW, why don't you stop posting like a 7-9 Bills team is much better then a 6-10 Dolphins team. We were top 5 on D and we had a ton of injuries on the O side of the ball and still finished 20th overall, but Bill fans act as if we were in last place in every category, while the Bills were actually close to last in nearly every category, but they are improving? I'd love to know what planet the 27th passing game, 28th running game and 28 Rush D is improving because it aint improving here on earth. You want to be civilized, wake up and post like the fan of a team that lost 9 games, at that point 9 games or 10 games lost, what's the frikin difference?? At least Miami lost 10 games with their backups.
Since everyone of the Bills fans on here seem to not know their head from their asses, when will you get fed up and leave?

Not all Bills fans attack, attack, attack. But when you come in here trashing the Bills, you are going to get trashed back. And FYI, when someone says something about the Bills, it doesn't always mean we are talking or even thinking abou the Dolphins.

What does it say about your 6-10 team who lost twice to the 7-9 Bills? How can the Bills not be better than the Dolphins this past season? There was more than one reason the Dolpins lost 10 games. And your backups aren't the only reason.

alohabillsfan
01-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Last year we took advantage of the Bears to move back into the first round for McCargo.

I would be happy if we traded down from 12 to 21 for the Broncos pick. This would garnish us at least a Round 3

I would hope that we could pick up Paul Posluszny LB here.

I would then package our R2 and R3 together to move up (if it were necessary) and pick up hopefully Amobi Okoye NT

With the extra R3 pick acquired from the Posluzny trade down I would look to get the best OL available, and hope Doug Free was there

So potentially we could go

Posluzny LB
then
Okoye NT
then
Free T/G

I'd be happy to take a Day1 of the draft like that now

Actually if we traded with Denver 12 to 21 according to the point value we would get both of their 3rd rounders which would be pick 6 (from Washington) and theirs at 21, this is within 10 points and really only cost denver their 3rd to move up! This is my dream for the draft! Move down get the best available DT or LB and get 2 additional 3rds!

MikeInRoch
01-17-2007, 10:53 AM

The problem is that most people here think that anyone who claims Culpepper is a better QB than Brady is an idiot. And they are right.