Yes it's possible but will it happen for the 3rd time in 4 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Yes it's possible but will it happen for the 3rd time in 4 years?

Will the Bills use two first round picks in the 2007 draft?
    If so, it would take a 2nd and 3rd round pick to move back up to the 1st. Does anyone know if the point totals from our second and third equal a late first round pick?
    Who should they take? Patrick Willis at #12 and a stud DT with the second first round pick would be nice. Maybe Marcus Thomas DT from Florida.
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Yes it's possible but will it happen for the 3rd time in 4 years?

Willis, right now looks like he will be selected later than 12 and Marcus Thomas is a definite no, no just check out the bottom of this......http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotlist.html

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
      Will the Bills use two first round picks in the 2007 draft?
      If so, it would take a 2nd and 3rd round pick to move back up to the 1st. Does anyone know if the point totals from our second and third equal a late first round pick?
      Who should they take? Patrick Willis at #12 and a stud DT with the second first round pick would be nice. Maybe Marcus Thomas DT from Florida.
      It would take more then that. Look at the vaule chart. I think the Pats are the only team with two first round picks, you'd have to give up a player aswell.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
        It would take more then that. Look at the vaule chart. I think the Pats are the only team with two first round picks, you'd have to give up a player aswell.
        Even if it were low 1st round?
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Not necessarily if they trade their pick for two 1st round picks with a playoff team who loses a tagged player and gets pick in compensation. Remember the year the Jets had 4 1st round picks?

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Devin
            Even if it were low 1st round?
            Like I said, the Pats are the only team (I believe) with 2 first round picks. You could trade a futre pick, but it's unlikely. The Pats pick from Seattle will probably be in the 24 to 26 range and their own pick could be near the same or lower depending on how far they go in the playoffs, I think Seattle loses this week, so I think they're draft position is set. The Pats won't win the SB this year...IMO so they will probably finish 27 or 28th. I don't have the value Chart but the value drops quickly, especailly once you step out of the first round. You also have to consider the strength of the Draft year and what will be avalible in the 2nd and 3rd rounds to determine the value of those picks, plus the fact of where the Bills are drafting (12) if the Bills were in the 3 or 4 range your 2nd and 3rd round pick become much more valuable...obviously. You also have to find a team that's good enough to be willing to trade away their first round pick. I honestly don't think the Pats will want to help make the Bills get better. IMO you'll need to add a player to pull that trade.

Comment

Last year we took advantage of the Bears to move back into the first round for McCargo.

I would be happy if we traded down from 12 to 21 for the Broncos pick. This would garnish us at least a Round 3

I would hope that we could pick up Paul Posluszny LB here.

I would then package our R2 and R3 together to move up (if it were necessary) and pick up hopefully Amobi Okoye NT

With the extra R3 pick acquired from the Posluzny trade down I would look to get the best OL available, and hope Doug Free was there

So potentially we could go

Posluzny LB
              then
              Okoye NT
              then
              Free T/G

I'd be happy to take a Day1 of the draft like that now

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

You want McGahee?

Comment

• feelthepain
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                  You want McGahee?
                  Obviously we don't need a RB, besides Willis is a very good back he wasn't the Bills problem this year, you need an Oline.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Obviously we don't need a RB, besides Willis is a very good back he wasn't the Bills problem this year, you need an Oline.
                    Well after our bye week, our O-line played pretty damn well, and as the offense as a whole got better, JP got better, the receiver's got better, but Willis, nope. He didn't get better at all. we averaged over 23 points per game after the bye and he didn't have a whole lot to do with that.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                      Well after our bye week, our O-line played pretty damn well, and as the offense as a whole got better, JP got better, the receiver's got better, but Willis, nope. He didn't get better at all. we averaged over 23 points per game after the bye and he didn't have a whole lot to do with that.
                      Ya know I keep hearing you Bill fasns talk about this improvement, but it isn't reflected in your stats, If your Oline was "pretty damn good" why didn't Willis have better numbers?? Are gonna say Willis lost his ability the second half of the season?? I don't think Willis was the Bills problem. The Bills were 3-5 the first half of the season and 4-4 the second half of the season and losing your last two, thats a one game improvement, not exactly a big difference,

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Isn't that what we did last year to get back into the first round? Trade our 2 and 3 for a late first round pick?

Comment

• jpdex12
                          • Jan 2005

If someone has the point totals according to draft position they will be able to answer this question...

What could Buffalo get in return if we just switched positions with Denver in the draft? Would it be worth just a third round pick from Denver to us to give them our 12th spot for their 21st or would it be more like a second round pick for the swap?

Comment

• BillsNick
                            • Jul 2003

Ya know I keep hearing you Bill fasns talk about this improvement, but it isn't reflected in your stats, If your Oline was "pretty damn good" why didn't Willis have better numbers?? Are gonna say Willis lost his ability the second half of the season?? I don't think Willis was the Bills problem. The Bills were 3-5 the first half of the season and 4-4 the second half of the season and losing your last two, thats a one game improvement, not exactly a big difference,

Oh, so you watched all of our games this year? Willis never had any "ability" this year at all. While he wasn't the only problem, he certainly didn't help our team very much this year.

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jpdex12
                              Isn't that what we did last year to get back into the first round? Trade our 2 and 3 for a late first round pick?
                              Last years draft was very deep, this years draft looks more like 2005, except there is more talent at the QB position coming out. It's gonna be tough to find equal value in the mid 2nd and 3rd round that will equal a late first. I just don't see it this year. It's always possible the teams drafting late may not see a player on the board that excites them and they may be willing to give up their spot, I just don't see much better in the 3nd and 3rd round worthy of the trade. JMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X