PDA

View Full Version : Miami HC

Bling
01-10-2007, 09:25 PM
I seriously hope we get one of the young, hungry coordinators. I don't want another college. I don't want another recycled coach (see Dick Jauron, Dennie Green, Tom Coughlin, Mike Martz, etc.).

Dr. Lecter
01-10-2007, 10:10 PM
I would love to see Martz in Miami. He makes Williams and Mularkey look like geniuses.

feelthepain
01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
I would love to see Martz in Miami. He makes Williams and Mularkey look like geniuses.

Yeah, Kitna throwing for over 4000 yards for that team...how dumb can you be?? I mean Detroit only finished 6th in the league in passing. Mike Furrey and Roy Williams each had over a 1000 yards this year, that Martz, what a Mularkey!!

Dr. Lecter
01-10-2007, 10:47 PM
:rolleyes:

He is a great Offensive co-ordinator.

He is a horrible head coach.

Got it?

Philagape
01-10-2007, 11:35 PM
If they put passing yards on the scoreboard, then it would be a relevant stat.

Devin
01-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Yeah, Kitna throwing for over 4000 yards for that team...how dumb can you be?? I mean Detroit only finished 6th in the league in passing. Mike Furrey and Roy Williams each had over a 1000 yards this year, that Martz, what a Mularkey!!

Chill with the stats statboy.

All that yardage got them the 2nd pick in the draft. Furthur proving they mean nothing.

gr8slayer
01-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I seriously hope we get one of the young, hungry coordinators. I don't want another college. I don't want another recycled coach (see Dick Jauron, Dennie Green, Tom Coughlin, Mike Martz, etc.).
You mean the same Jauron that ***** slapped the Dolphins twice?

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Chill with the stats statboy.

All that yardage got them the 2nd pick in the draft. Furthur proving they mean nothing.

Listen little girl, if we could produce that kinda yardage and play D like we did this year how good could the Dolphins be in just one season?? It means nothing if you have no balance, we have a D already in place....what don't you get about the game of football??? Are all Bill fans naturally this slow???

bluehaze
01-11-2007, 02:03 AM
Don't want Martz the guy doesn't run the ball enough hence he has to score 40 points a game in order to win. His offenses are fun to watch but lack the fundamentals of time management required to win ball games.

I honestly think Huizenga is going to hire Cameron, he is just buying time/throwing off the scent and gathering info and advice from others around the league while he waits for the Chargers to either get eliminated from the playoffs or win the super bowl.

He recently met with Brian Schottenheimer, Cameron's protege! Surely he wasn't interested in hiring him as our next HC!

Thats my theory anyway :dance:

Historian
01-11-2007, 05:09 AM
Dave Shula.

He's ready for a comeback.

Mitchy moo
01-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Dave Shula.

He's ready for a comeback.

bingo.

mysticsoto
01-11-2007, 07:40 AM
If they put passing yards on the scoreboard, then it would be a relevant stat.

That's the only stat FTP apparently never pays attention to. That and the stat that everytime he makes claims about a so-called winner for his Dolphins, they turn out to be duds - Feeley, Culpepper, Harrington, Saban. He's like 4 for 4. If FTP is high on Martz...then I hope the FO goes and gets him!!!

BillsNick
01-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Who the hell are the Dullphins?

Dr. Lecter
01-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Listen little girl, if we could produce that kinda yardage and play D like we did this year how good could the Dolphins be in just one season?? It means nothing if you have no balance, we have a D already in place....what don't you get about the game of football??? Are all Bill fans naturally this slow???

If my aunt had balls, she would be my uncle.

Methinks you are lacking the knowledge. Remember the Pats first SB win? Faulk touched the ball less than 15 times. Why? Your boy Martz thought he made a good decoy.

Let him be OC somewhere. His Rams stint was bad. The team was undiscplined. The ST's sucked. They ignored the run.

Passing yards are nice. They are also much higher when a team is always behind and trying to come back like the Lions were much of the year.

BillsNick
01-11-2007, 07:55 AM
:lolpoint: FTP

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 09:21 AM

I would be horrified if Miami got Martz.. With Miami's already potent defense and Martz's expertise lying in offense, I could honestly see Miami doing some good things with him there.

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 10:05 AM
I would be horrified if Miami got Martz.. With Miami's already potent defense and Martz's expertise lying in offense, I could honestly see Miami doing some good things with him there.

Thats the way I see it, I would be fine with Martz short term, I think Miami may try to fill the position while they wait for Cower. Atleast that's the impression I'm getting. In one season Martz turned Kitna into a 4000 yard passer, Daunte has a 4700 yard season under his belt, we have money to spend this year and we could add an explosive WR to an already good group of WR. Martz could work in Miami, and that crap about him not running the ball, he had no problem at all running the ball when he had Marshall Faulk.

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Thats the way I see it, I would be fine with Martz short term, I think Miami may try to fill the position while they wait for Cower. Atleast that's the impression I'm getting. In one season Martz turned Kitna into a 4000 yard passer, Daunte has a 4700 yard season under his belt, we have money to spend this year and we could add an explosive WR to an already good group of WR. Martz could work in Miami, and that crap about him not running the ball, he had no problem at all running the ball when he had Marshall Faulk.

I think your dreaming about Cowher but your dead on about Martz. I wanted Martz to come be the coach of Buffalo before we got Dick. This crap about Martz not running the ball enough is bogus, he just has a different style of run game. He likes to use short drop passes and screen plays to the RB, very similar to what Andy Reid does in Philly with Brian Westbrook.. People are also forgetting that Martz was the OC of St. Louis in 99' the same year they went on to win the SB. This was all done with Kurt Warner who was a backup QB at the time and inspite of all that he went on to win NFL MVP. I really don't understand how people are bashing you for pointing out the fact that Mike Martz is an offensive GENIUS.

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I think your dreaming about Cowher but your dead on about Martz. I wanted Martz to come be the coach of Buffalo before we got Dick. This crap about Martz not running the ball enough is bogus, he just has a different style of run game. He likes to use short drop passes and screen plays to the RB, very similar to what Andy Reid does in Philly with Brian Westbrook.. People are also forgetting that Martz was the OC of St. Louis in 99' the same year they went on to win the SB. This was all done with Kurt Warner who was a backup QB at the time and inspite of all that he went on to win NFL MVP. I really don't understand how people are bashing you for pointing out the fact that Mike Martz is an offensive GENIUS.

I don't mind being bashed, I expect it being this is a Bills site, beside most of the Bill fans here are wrong far more then they admit, so I just take that into account. As for Cower, who knows what the deal is there, but there is talk he will only take a year off. I would be more then Happy to have Martz on board for a short term stint, it would improve our vertical game and it would help Martz to improve his rep, and possibly land him another HC job in the near future. We do have a good D, if Martz can get the same kinda production out of our O as he did the Rams and Lions we could make the playoffs next year, giving Cower something to think about at least. I also here the people in Detroit are afraid of losing Martz, which tells me the FO likes what he's doing with the team. I think Martz is a long shot, but I'm glad he's at least getting an interview, I'm sure he wouldn't have been given an interview if he wasn't a serious consideration.

Gunzlingr
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Martz is a fool who won't listen to his coordinators or adjust. It is his way or the highway, which is why he was booted from the Rams.

Michael82
01-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Martz is a fool who won't listen to his coordinators or adjust. It is his way or the highway, which is why he was booted from the Rams.
And why he would be great at the Dolphins head coach. :snicker:

Buckets
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM

And just who is it on the Dolfins Martz will turn into a 4000 yard QB?

jamze132
01-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Nice Jauron jab.

jamze132
01-11-2007, 04:02 PM
Or Wayne could just hire Mularkey since he lead such a potent offense this year. And we all know how good of a HC he is.

HHURRICANE
01-11-2007, 08:47 PM

Are they playing on Saturday or Sunday. I didn't see which day?

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Are they playing on Saturday or Sunday. I didn't see which day?

Thats a dumb statement, what does Martz being the OC have to do with the Lions in the postseason?? He wasn't the HC! So what's your point??

feelthepain
01-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Or Wayne could just hire Mularkey since he lead such a potent offense this year. And we all know how good of a HC he is.

Who was the the last coach to have a winning season for the Bills???

jmb1099
01-12-2007, 06:17 AM
You mean that one year you continually told us it was a fluke becuse of an easy schedule? You mean that one year when you said that the Bills sucked and our coach sucked and Saban would dominate the NFL? Is that the year you're reffering to? MM missed his chance to have a playoff season when he couldn't out coach pittsburgh's thrid string team. Is that the coach your reffering to? I know you think he's the greatest thing ever since he's wearing teal and orange, but keep your lies straight or you'll confuse yourself.

RockStar36
01-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Ok FTP, please defend this play call by Mularkey, because according to you he's a great OC. Let me set the stage for you....

Dolphins @ Texans
17-15 Texans
Under 2 minutes
Dolphins attempting 2 point conversion to tie the game
The run this play..

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. R.Brown pass to C.Chambers is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. (MIA 23 Brown attempted the halfback pass.) (Pass was tipped by HST 56 Greenwood.)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061001_MIA@HOU

It was a 2 point conversion. HALF BACK PASS??????

TigerJ
01-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Detroit's problems run a lot deeper than who they have as OC. I wouldn't mind having Martz as an OC as long as he understood that he was a hirling and if the HC wanted to run the ball 40% of the time, he would run the ball 40% of the time. You just don't want to put him in charge of the asylum because he's a little crazy.

feelthepain
01-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Ok FTP, please defend this play call by Mularkey, because according to you he's a great OC. Let me set the stage for you....

Dolphins @ Texans
17-15 Texans
Under 2 minutes
Dolphins attempting 2 point conversion to tie the game
The run this play..

TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. R.Brown pass to C.Chambers is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS. (MIA 23 Brown attempted the halfback pass.) (Pass was tipped by HST 56 Greenwood.)

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay/NFL_20061001_MIA@HOU

It was a 2 point conversion. HALF BACK PASS??????

Are you honestly going to judge the man on one play?? Let me ask you a question, if a play is called, two things need to happen in oreder to be successful, what are they??

Question: 2), when did I EVER say MM was a great OC???

BTW, that was an option play, Ronnie could have run or passed and if you go back and watch the play again, Ronnie could have walked into the endzone, he didn't have to throw the ball. So just focus and aswer the questions above like you would if you undertsood the game of football.

DolfanTom
01-12-2007, 11:55 AM
:rolleyes:

He is a great Offensive co-ordinator.

He is a horrible head coach.

Got it?I agree there. I mean, the dude lost to the '04 Dolphins ... in blowout fashion!! When that happened, I realized the dude is no Einstein as an HC.

For OC, there are few better, but he definitely can't stand being the #1!

feelthepain
01-12-2007, 12:14 PM
And just who is it on the Dolfins Martz will turn into a 4000 yard QB?

Gee I don't know, maybe the 4700 yard QB we signed last year?? Maybe?? Ya know the one with the all time career completion %, the one who was almost league MVP, the one with multiple probowls, the one that threw 39 td's and only 11 int's, maybe him??

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
Gee I don't know, maybe the 4700 yard QB we signed last year?? Maybe?? Ya know the one with the all time career completion %, the won who was almost league MVP, the won with multiple probowls, the one that threw 39 td's and only 11 int's, maybe him??

The Dolphins also traded for Randy Moss and got Carter out of retirement?????

feelthepain
01-12-2007, 12:37 PM
The Dolphins also traded for Randy Moss and got Carter out of retirement?????

We traded for Randy Moss??? When the hell did that happen?????

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2007, 12:45 PM
If you expect the bug numbers out of Culpepper you better hope so.

DolfanTom
01-12-2007, 12:50 PM
If you expect the bug numbers out of Culpepper you better hope so.Not the biggest Pepper fan myself, but this is not true.

Pepper had his best year in a season where Moss was hurt most of the year. It was other receivers who took most of the workload.

Moss was a big part of Pepper when he was healthy, but Pepper flourished as a Viking w/ or w/out him, short of the strip-boat season.

RockStar36
01-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Gee I don't know, maybe the 4700 yard QB we signed last year?? Maybe?? Ya know the one with the all time career completion %, the won who was almost league MVP, the won with multiple probowls, the one that threw 39 td's and only 11 int's, maybe him??

I thought I asked you to put down the crackpipe before posting?

feelthepain
01-12-2007, 12:52 PM
If you expect the bug numbers out of Culpepper you better hope so.

Really??? Do me a favor, since I've done it 100 times already for you Bill fans look up Peps 2004 stats, ya know his great season and tell me how mcuh of it was Randy, or Chris. Here's another question for you, who's Mike Furrey and what's he done in his career??

feelthepain
01-12-2007, 12:52 PM
I thought I asked you to put down the crackpipe before posting?

OOPPS, ya got me!! But you still didn't answer the questions above, hmmm I wonder why??

feelthepain
01-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Not the biggest Pepper fan myself, but this is not true.

Pepper had his best year in a season where Moss was hurt most of the year. It was other receivers who took most of the workload.

Moss was a big part of Pepper when he was healthy, but Pepper flourished as a Viking w/ or w/out him, short of the strip-boat season.

If I've posted the stats here once, I've posted them a 1000 times. Funny how Bill fans can remember beating the fins twice this year, but they can't remember Dauntes stats that have been posted here that many times, denial...could be.

justasportsfan
01-12-2007, 01:01 PM
I don't want another recycled coach (see Dick Jauron, Dennie Green, Tom Coughlin, Mike Martz, etc.).
which Jauron, the one that ***** slapped the hungry ex- NFL D coordinator and forced him to quit on is team and run back to college because Dick made his d look like sheet?

dolphan117
01-12-2007, 07:52 PM
The problem with Martz is that while he did get the Lions to put up some great numbers passing.............. He also got them the least rushing yards in the NFL and got Kitna sacked 63 times while only achieving the 21st ranked scoring offense in the NFL at 19.1 points per game. Not really that great.

feelthepain
01-13-2007, 02:32 PM
The problem with Martz is that while he did get the Lions to put up some great numbers passing.............. He also got them the least rushing yards in the NFL and got Kitna sacked 63 times while only achieving the 21st ranked scoring offense in the NFL at 19.1 points per game. Not really that great.

The Lions had better rushing #'s this year then they did last year, and while Jones didn't have a great season running the ball, His injury was part of the reason. However, his catches went from 21 to 61 for more then five times as many yards. Marshall Faulk while under Martz was used a lot like Brian Westbrook of the Eagles, as a dual threat. The bottom line is results and as long as the ball get's into the hands of the playmakers that's what counts. Martz uses the short passing game as part of his running style.

Bling
01-13-2007, 08:08 PM
which Jauron, the one that ***** slapped the hungry ex- NFL D coordinator and forced him to quit on is team and run back to college because Dick made his d look like sheet?

LOL. Name me the last coach that has more losing seasons than him, and turned his career around?

Bling
01-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Really??? Do me a favor, since I've done it 100 times already for you Bill fans look up Peps 2004 stats, ya know his great season and tell me how mcuh of it was Randy, or Chris. Here's another question for you, who's Mike Furrey and what's he done in his career??

FTP is right here.

But it still doesn't skip the fact that Culpepper's confidence is shot, and he can't move around.

jmb1099
01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
FTP is right here.

But it still doesn't skip the fact that Culpepper's confidence is shot, and he can't move around.
Sorry...you trashed your point by starting with FTP is right...lol
I don't disagree on your point. I just don't see him coming back

Historian
01-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I got a coach for you fish...Wade Phillips!

He's ready for a comeback!

jamze132
01-16-2007, 07:18 AM
We aren't talking about the Bills... We are talking about the Dolphins coaching availability. Why must you try and turn everything around?

Don't even bother responding.

feelthepain
01-16-2007, 07:48 AM
We aren't talking about the Bills... We are talking about the Dolphins coaching availability. Why must you try and turn everything around?

Don't even bother responding.

Because Bill fans love to cast stones in glass houses.
Tell you what, you stop posting and I'll stop responding to you.

jamze132
01-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Because Bill fans love to cast stones in glass houses.
Tell you what, you stop posting and I'll stop responding to you.
No thats ok.