PDA

View Full Version : Any objections to this draft..?

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 10:25 AM
I posted this in another thread but I realized it will get more serious views here.. Sorry for double posting but please tell me what you think..

--- Trade down a couple of spots pick up a 3rd ----
1st.) Paul Posluzny, LB PSU
2nd.) Michael Bush, RB Lousiville
3rd a.) Doug Free, OT Northern Illinois
3rd b.) Marcus Thomas, DT Florida

Devin
01-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Why do we have 2 3rds?

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Why do we have 2 3rds?

Trade down 1st rounder and pick up an extra 3rd.

Devin
01-11-2007, 12:38 PM
lol my bad, apparently i am unable to read.

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 12:39 PM
lol my bad, apparently i am unable to read.

No problamo, so whatcha think? :D

Devin
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
I like the Poz pick. Bush I truly feel will be a solid back in the NFL, kind of like a marion barber only with more yardage. WOuld be an awesome RB in a 2 back system. Would he be a great fit here? I am not sure, but if we picked u=him up I wouldnt be dissapointed.

Free is very athletic and quick, he is a little small for an OT imo but time will tell.

Overall if the draft went like that I wouldnt be dissapointed.

kernowboy
01-11-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm not sold on Bush and I am definitely not sold on Thomas

The way things are looking we can trade down in R1 get an extra R3 and get

Posluzny or Okoye

We can then take our R2 and R3 and trade up for

Okoye or Posluzny

With the extra R3 pick draft Doug Free if he fallen that far.

Rather than Bush, sign as a Free Agent, TJ Duckett. He's 25, has played in the cold, is shorter (6ft > 6ft3) and runs lower, weighs a similar amount if not a little more, has pro experience, could be picked up as FA

After the draft trade McGahee to however missed on a RB in the draft - get a R2 or a high R3 for the 2008 draft and use that pick to move up for Steve Slaton.

Have A-Train and Duckett move the chains in 2007. Whoever does best stays .. unless there is a chance we can move TJ to Full Back

Duckett is less a risk than Bush
Okoye has more upside and much better character than Thomas who has high risk prospect written all over him

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 01:57 PM

Posluzny or Okoye

Okoye or Posluzny

Rather than Bush, sign as a Free Agent, TJ Duckett. He's 25, has played in the cold, is shorter (6ft > 6ft3) and runs lower, weighs a similar amount if not a little more, has pro experience, could be picked up as FA

After the draft trade McGahee to however missed on a RB in the draft - get a R2 or a high R3 for the 2008 draft and use that pick to move up for Steve Slaton.

Have A-Train and Duckett move the chains in 2007. Whoever does best stays .. unless there is a chance we can move TJ to Full Back

Okoye has more upside and much better character than Thomas who has high risk prospect written all over him

1a.) Posluzny
1b.) Okoye
3.) Free

Not bad, but I think we would have to get pretty lucky for that to happen.

I think Bush is the best bruising back of this years class and would be a steal in the 2nd.. We agree on Pos in the 1st.. Thomas has dropped due to a couple of off the field problems and could be a steal in the 3rd.

DraftBoy
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Make it Okoye instead of Pols and Id like it. Im not a huge fan of Pols, and if we are going RB in round 1, why not make it this;

1. Lynch/Meachem -I dont think RB is a huge need and Id prefer Meachem
2. Siler-MLB
3. Weddle-CB/S
3. Thomas-DT
4. Booker-RB
6. Leak-QB
7. Ah You-DE

DraftBoy
01-11-2007, 02:04 PM

Posluzny or Okoye

Okoye or Posluzny

Duckett is a waste of money, take it from somebody who had to suffer through him in Atlanta. Better off with a different back.

X-Era
01-14-2007, 09:09 AM
I posted this in another thread but I realized it will get more serious views here.. Sorry for double posting but please tell me what you think..

--- Trade down a couple of spots pick up a 3rd ----
1st.) Paul Posluzny, LB PSU
2nd.) Michael Bush, RB Lousiville
3rd a.) Doug Free, OT Northern Illinois
3rd b.) Marcus Thomas, DT Florida

Only to Doug Free who is a LT prospect. I assume your thinking a switch to RT and replacing Pennington or moving inside. That would mean a position switch which may or may not work.

Love the Bush pick, we dont necessarily need a stud RB day one, but who knows what McGahee will pull it could be anything from continuing to half ass it, holding out for a new contract, etc... Having Bush lets us bench him, trade him, or lets him sit home.

Marcus Thomas is headed south lately, maybe good value in the 3rd, maybe not.

SABURZFAN
01-14-2007, 10:40 AM
No problamo, so whatcha think? :D

thank god you're not in charge of the draft.

PECKERWOOD
01-14-2007, 06:05 PM
thank god you're not in charge of the draft.

:wave:

Hi Sabz. Still think Losman should be cut?

SABURZFAN
01-14-2007, 11:01 PM
:wave:

Hi Sabz. Still think Losman should be cut?

when did i say that?

PECKERWOOD
01-15-2007, 11:04 AM
when did i say that?

i can say the same for losman.get rid of him too.

:D

You said you would make a decision about Losman at the end of the year Sabz, let's hear it! I promise, I won't make you eat crow.

DraftBoy
01-15-2007, 11:13 AM
:D

You said you would make a decision about Losman at the end of the year Sabz, let's hear it! I promise, I won't make you eat crow.

Boys take you vendetta elsewhere, this is strictly about the 07 Draft, keep it on topic or leave.