PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Miami will get European "home" game

cocamide
01-11-2007, 01:23 PM
According to Chris Brown of buffalobills.com, Miami will be getting the "home" game against either the Bills or Giants in Europe. Odds are it will be the Giants, since the NFL doesn't want to move a divisional game to another country.

Good news if this ends up being true!

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

BillsNick
01-11-2007, 01:40 PM
I hope they have to take a boat to the game. :puke:

OpIv37
01-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Fins got screwed. Better them than us, though. Even if we end up playing them, at least we'll still have all 8 home games.

But I doubt will play them- not only is it the divisional issue, but the NFL tends to promote big-market teams with these adventures and the Giants have a much bigger market than we do.

Michael82
01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
They're saving us for when they play a game in Toronto. :up:

don137
01-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Great, when they see the Dolphin uniforms they will think a bunch of gays play american football

OpIv37
01-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Great, when they see the Dolphin uniforms they will think a bunch of gays play american football

that's part of the plan to attract European fans- the NFL is trying to highlight any similarities to soccer.

Forward_Lateral
01-11-2007, 02:32 PM

That's about the only time I'd be in favour of the Bills losing a home game. At least they wouldn't have to travel far, and the crowd would be a majority of Bills fans.

Michael82
01-11-2007, 02:41 PM
That's about the only time I'd be in favour of the Bills losing a home game. At least they wouldn't have to travel far, and the crowd would be a majority of Bills fans.
Exactly. I'd go to the game if it was in Toronto. :up:

casdhf
01-11-2007, 02:49 PM
Wouldnt the Bills be huge in Germany? Like other 90s castoffs ... Hasstlehoff and Manowar????

jamze132
01-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Dude, have of European men are gay anyways.

jamze132
01-11-2007, 04:11 PM
I am not sure if the Dolphins are the best choice for a game outside of the country. You need a passport and I don't think you can get one of you are a felon or wear teal.

don137
01-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Dude, have of European men are gay anyways.

I guess that's why they chose the Dolphins...

BILLSROCK1212
01-11-2007, 04:51 PM
remember the last out of country home game was Cards v 49ers so it is still a very likely possibility that we could get the game

OpIv37
01-11-2007, 04:57 PM
It may not be such a bad thing if we get the game- with all the publicity, the game would pretty much have to be in HD for once. We really got the shaft on that last year.

jamze132
01-11-2007, 04:59 PM
I have stated before that if the Bills come to Europe, I will attend the game, but I hope for our sake, we don't have to lose the revenue by coming over here. American football is not popular over hear at all. The idiots like to watch a little ball being kicked around for 3 hours and go into a net maybe once. It's like hockey on a serious depressant, and I love hockey. Soccer is by far the most boring sport in the history of humans to watch. It's gay and a bunch of pussies who like to run play the game.

Just another reason why I hate living over here. Whay can't these people get some freakin baseball or high definition?????

jamze132
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
It may not be such a bad thing if we get the game- with all the publicity, the game would pretty much have to be in HD for once. We really got the shaft on that last year.
People over here don't believe in HD. I am not sure if CBS would bring their own cameras over here when each stadium has their own over here.

cocamide
01-11-2007, 05:34 PM

:rofl:

cocamide
01-11-2007, 05:36 PM

Well, if we do have to play a game in London, we can just tell McGahee he's in Toronto. He won't know the difference.

cocamide
01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I have stated before that if the Bills come to Europe, I will attend the game, but I hope for our sake, we don't have to lose the revenue by coming over here. American football is not popular over hear at all. The idiots like to watch a little ball being kicked around for 3 hours and go into a net maybe once. It's like hockey on a serious depressant, and I love hockey. Soccer is by far the most boring sport in the history of humans to watch. It's gay and a bunch of pussies who like to run play the game.

Just another reason why I hate living over here. Whay can't these people get some freakin baseball or high definition?????

They don't have high-def because then you could really see all the details of their teeth.

Michael82
01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Well, if we do have to play a game in London, we can just tell McGahee he's in Toronto. He won't know the difference.
:rofl: Good point.

Albany,n.y.
01-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Mularkey better hope he gets fired before then because those British soccer fans can get really brutal with his kids if he calls for his usual game.

jpdex12
01-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I am not sure if the Dolphins are the best choice for a game outside of the country. You need a passport and I don't think you can get one of you are a felon or wear teal.

Or lack a green card!

LtFinFan66
01-12-2007, 12:01 AM
The NFL is denying that rumor for now

---------------
No news on overseas game: The NFL denied a Sports Xchange report that said the Dolphins have been chosen to play one of their 2007 regular-season home games - against either the Giants or Bills - at London's Wembley Stadium.
"Nothing has been decided with regard to a location or the competing teams," NFL spokesman Michael Signora said.
The Dolphins are among six finalists to host a regular-season game in England or Germany in the 2007 season. The league expects to announce the venue next week and the matchup before the Super Bowl.
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2007/01/12/a1b_fins_0112.html

CuseJetsFan83
01-12-2007, 12:18 AM
well ya know... it coudl be the fins vs bengals.... :-X

LtFinFan66
01-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Though this may not be a bad thing for the Fins. There are a bunch of British Fin Fans on FH. The crowd may be louder for us

CuseJetsFan83
01-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Though this may not be a bad thing for the Fins. There are a bunch of British Fin Fans on FH. The crowd may be louder for us

you know whats sad is i could forsee a game in like 5 years to australia, and i have a feeling the jets would be in that one, if graham is still playing then....

DolfanTom
01-12-2007, 11:39 AM
Gay references and wishing my phins any bad luck you can ever pass on aside, you have to admit, Bills-Dolphins would be easy to promote!

It's a built-in, hate-filled rivalry and any Dolphins and Bills fans over there can really get into it. Granted, there will be more Dolphin fans (Dan Marino assured that), but it would be interesting. I'm sure there are still plenty of Euro-Bills backers that joined on during your four-SB run.

I actually don't want to see this happen, and I hope the report is wrong, but if it happens, I'll embrace it.

RockStar36
01-12-2007, 11:46 AM
I have no problem with an overseas game, as long as the Bills aren't getting shafted with the "home game" label.

That being said, I think it would still get a large crowd just because it isn't something they everyday. Also for us, it would be in HD. This wouldn't be a CBS game if it was overseas. More like ESPN.

DolfanTom
01-12-2007, 11:52 AM
IAlso for us, it would be in HD. This wouldn't be a CBS game if it was overseas. More like ESPN.Glad I'm not the only one POed over that this past season. Only three games in HD per week by CBS????

Apparently, they are going to buy more HD equipment to expand next season ... but this, only after people complained enough!!

It'll be Sunday or Monday for sure, so yes, it'll definitely be in HD. But IMO, they ALL should be. It's the NFL for crying out loud!!!

RockStar36
01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Agreed, even though it doesn't really affect me one way or the other. With all the things that are in HD, the NFL should be at the top of the list.