PDA

View Full Version : I Would Like To See...

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 03:48 PM
The Bills bring in somebody entertaining next season. A player who could put people in the stands and help keep the RWS stadium sold out.. Some one like Vick, Bush or TO. ( as bad as the last part sounded ) I'm still angry about all the blackouts last season, we really need to bring in somebody fun to change it around.. Thoughts?

The_Philster
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Groaned for bringing up the name of a scumbag :down:

Quite frankly, Losman-To-Evans is a pretty exciting combo, IMO...and T-Mac returning KOs

jamze132
01-11-2007, 03:51 PM
The Bills bring in somebody entertaining next season. A player who could put people in the stands and help keep the RWS stadium sold out.. Some one like Vick, Bush or TO. ( as bad as the last part sounded ) I'm still angry about all the blackouts last season, we really need to bring in somebody fun to change it around.. Thoughts?
Nah... I don't think that would help much in Buffalo. The fans in western New York don't need an idiot to entertain them. All they need is a team that wins.

Everyone knows who the Bills are.

If Vick wasn't on the Falcons, a lot of people would ask if Atlanta had an NFL team.

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 04:00 PM
You guys are both wrong and that's why the games haven't been sold out because at times the offense is BOOOORING! Losman and Evans is a good start, don't get me wrong but we are definately missing an entertainer. This is why we watch football right? To be entertained? Why not? Why not make a move for somebody whether its FA or draft to try and fill seats? I don't care if it's a defensive player either. We need somebody who can help fill seats.

The_Philster
01-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I'd rather win games...winning sells a lot more than a big name like that ******* TO

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 04:33 PM
I'd rather win games...winning sells a lot more than a big name like that ******* TO

Ok, take TO out of the equation. Do you agree then?

kernowboy
01-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Nope ... fans following a winning side. Fans want wins. Wins with entertainment is excellent. Wins without entertainment will do.

Not sure a giant me-me crybaby will stop the blackouts for more than a couple of home games

PECKERWOOD
01-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Nope ... fans following a winning side. Fans want wins. Wins with entertainment is excellent. Wins without entertainment will do.

Not sure a giant me-me crybaby will stop the blackouts for more than a couple of home games

Winning is great, but entertainment holds value as well. Think Chad Johnson, DeAngello Hall or Clinton Portis! You don't think that fans would like to see a character?

jamze132
01-11-2007, 04:55 PM
We already have the village idiot in McGahee. We don't need anymore negative publicity.

The_Philster
01-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Winning is great, but entertainment holds value as well. Think Chad Johnson, DeAngello Hall or Clinton Portis! You don't think that fans would like to see a character?
Nate, TKO, Hargrove

jamze132
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Nate, TKO, Hargrove
Hargrove is a great example. He is very entertaining to watch and doesn't get arrested, try to kill himself, get an orange mohawk, or have 3 kids with 3 women.

Night Train
01-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Yeah. That's going to happen with Marv and Jauron here.

I take it the Madden joystick is glued to your hand again.

DynaPaul
01-11-2007, 05:17 PM
How about Rip Taylor throwing confetti on the sidelines?

BillsFever21
01-12-2007, 05:51 AM
What's so entertaining about Hargrove's 1/2 this season?

This guy is the new version of Lionel Gates. Tons of people had some dream that he was good and could even take over for McGahee. He sucks and gets released and they can't believe we made a mistake like that and they're worried somebody else will pick him up and reap the rewards. Then you never hear from him in the NFL again.

Hargrove is a better DE then Gates was a RB but it's the same hype for a guy who has never done anything.

You guys must've been really entertained by that 1/2 this season. That was very exciting.

YardRat
01-12-2007, 06:06 AM
There's a difference between entertainment and hype. Winning is entertaining...big names are hype.

Jan Reimers
01-12-2007, 06:52 AM
I totally agree. I like winning football played by guys who act like professionals. Frankly, I might stay away if we start signing jackasses like TO.

X-Era
01-12-2007, 07:15 AM

Although it cant be proven, I think this may play a MAJOR role in how we draft this year. I could see Marv, who had several HOF's at his time, wanting to get big names. But since we appear to be FA cheapos, the draft may be the venue.

Im telling ya, if a guy like Tedd Ginn Jr. drops to 12, or if the Willis problem gets worse and Lynch drops to 12, I can see that even if theres bigger needs.

X-Era
01-12-2007, 07:21 AM

Id like to spin your thought a bit different. It seems you want antics. But if Brian Urlacher, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney was on this team would we put more fannys in the seats? Hell ya!

Think of how many questionable bandwagon jumping fans there are. Do you know how many people I know who can tell me who LT is and where he plays but couldnt name even one player for the Bills?

Were talking about marginal fans, really people looking for something fun to do. If we had someone who was a household name, you can expect to see many many more fans.

It may piss us real fans off, but its just a true fact. Just look back to our SB years, you didnt think we had a TON of bandwagon fans back then?

Jan Reimers
01-12-2007, 07:23 AM
I think we'll have a plan for the draft which doesn't give one single thought to how "exciting" the player may be perceived by us fans. The name of the game is winning, and we'll draft to fill needs, or take the best player available, without regard to name recognition or fan appeal.

PECKERWOOD
01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I think we'll have a plan for the draft which doesn't give one single thought to how "exciting" the player may be perceived by us fans. The name of the game is winning, and we'll draft to fill needs, or take the best player available, without regard to name recognition or fan appeal.

If you dont put fannies in the seats, you cant win football games.

Q: Why?
A: Because you wont have a team to begin with.

I wouldn't mind a couple of bandwagoners if it meant preventing more blackouts. As a true fan, I also wouldn't mind seeing an entertaining player here as well.

SABURZFAN
01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
What's so entertaining about Hargrove's 1/2 this season?

This guy is the new version of Lionel Gates. Tons of people had some dream that he was good and could even take over for McGahee. He sucks and gets released and they can't believe we made a mistake like that and they're worried somebody else will pick him up and reap the rewards. Then you never hear from him in the NFL again.

Hargrove is a better DE then Gates was a RB but it's the same hype for a guy who has never done anything.

You guys must've been really entertained by that 1/2 this season. That was very exciting.

he was entertaining.more entertaining than a 30th rank offense led by a future Hall of Famer. :up:

Philagape
01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
As a true fan, I also wouldn't mind seeing an entertaining player here as well.

JP-to-Evans was the most entertaining Bills ball I've seen in years.

evol4276
01-18-2007, 03:33 PM
to be honest i kinda would too.. i love hargrove just for what he did getting the crowd going this season.. i think it helps get the team amped up and ready to go for the game