PDA

View Full Version : They are not the WNY Bills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BFBills
03-05-2003, 04:46 PM
SOo stop saying move them out of buffalo.
if they get a new stadium any where it should be close to buffalo not farther away.

Romes
03-05-2003, 04:54 PM
I think you are missing an exclamation point. If you add just one more, it would be much more effective. :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
03-05-2003, 04:59 PM
If they move anywhere, it will be in Southern California

BillyT92679
03-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Without Rochester specifically, and the entire Western/Central NY area (plus Southern Ontario) the Bills wouldn't be the Buffalo Bills at all.

BillsNYC
03-05-2003, 05:22 PM
i feel the inferiority complex of everybody outside of erie county RISING on this thread....

ArcticWildMan
03-05-2003, 05:32 PM
The Bills are a regional team that encompasses WNY and Central NY. The days of a football team being affiliated with just one city are long gone. It's all about marketing and the almighty dollar ;)

SABURZFAN
03-05-2003, 05:38 PM
they're the BLEDSOE BILLS,right Wys?

:biggrin:

Shiny Chicken
03-05-2003, 05:39 PM
There really would be no Buffalo Bills without Rochester... so if you wanna alienate the rest of the state, go ahead. You won't have th Bills anymore. The only way that the Bills stay in Western NY is the regional influence.

And by the way, they're already not in Buffalo. So if they're not in Buffalo... why not make the stadium in a place that's closer to their second market rather than further, like Orchard Park.

I would go to more games in a stadium east of Buffalo... getting to Orchard Park is a pain in the ass.

BillsNYC
03-05-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken

I would go to more games in a stadium east of Buffalo... getting to Orchard Park is a pain in the ass.

so why don't you move to OP then? greatest town in America!!

:baghead: = born and raised orchard park-ian

Shiny Chicken
03-05-2003, 05:45 PM
Because I'm a student.... and Orchard Park isn't the greatest place for young single guys, IMHO ;)

This is no offense to OP... it's just good sense to move the stadium closer to the city that is your second biggest draw... and not by far and who's metro us due to have a larger populatio in under 2 decades.

OpIv37
03-05-2003, 07:08 PM
put the stadium on the east side of buffalo rather than the west- it's no further from the city itself but closer to Rochester, where a lot of fans come from...

Buffalo is one of the smallest markets in the NFL- if you want them to stay in Buffalo they're going to have to continue to draw fans from Rochester, Canada, and anywhere else remotely close.

casdhf
03-05-2003, 07:29 PM
The only thing Rochester is know for is a Lilac Festival....wouldn't that make an intimidating Helmet.

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2003, 07:37 PM
:lol: or Bausch and Lomb. Little Ray-Bans on the side of the helmet would be very tough looking too. :shades:

Ð
03-05-2003, 07:38 PM
http://www.lilacs.com/photos/monge.jpg

Typ0
03-05-2003, 08:03 PM
Here are some great boards if you want to see some plant pics. It's probably one of the busiest vbulletin sites on the internet as far as non-commercial entities go. Perhaps they are doing some sales under the table though ;)

LINK (http://www.overgrow.com/edge/index.php?s=)

SoCalBillsFan
03-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

:clap:

:jk: :D

Billsouth
03-05-2003, 08:30 PM
you mock rochester but facts are facts. More season ticket holders are in rochester than buffalo. why do u think they moved training camp to rochester? rochester is more of a white collar town with more $$ (kodak, xerox, b&L, PAYCHEX (do u know Golisano, Wegmans, etc.)

I would prefer not to turn this into a rochester/buffalo debate but they always have been, will be (i hope) and should be called the Buffalo Bills, they depend and need the support of fans from WNY and Canada. they also need the fanbase for tickets and merchandise sales. Furtermore, as the superbowl years highlighted, nothing lifts the area like the bills.

GO BILLS! GO WNY! and GO Chris Watson to another team!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-05-2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Billsouth
I would prefer not to turn this into a rochester/buffalo debate but they always have been, will be (i hope) and should be called the Buffalo Bills
I agree, plus the fact that "Rochester Bills" doesn't make any sense.

casdhf
03-05-2003, 08:41 PM
Rochester Lilacs

I'd cheer for them. :fabulous:

justasportsfan
03-05-2003, 09:23 PM
I've lived in several cities and the only reason why I would go to buffalo is to watch the bills and cross it to go to Canada. Toronto to be specific. Rochester was rated by readers digest top 25 best city to raise a family. The only problem is the declining economy in WNY which includes Buffalo.

As for the Canadians here on this board, the Rochester $ beats the Canadian $. :D

But I agree keep the team in BUffalo. Do you want wings to be called Batavia wings? Nope, doesn't sound right.

Buffarama
03-05-2003, 09:26 PM
You build a state of the art dome stadium with the new flubber fake turf somewhere east of Buffalo, and you could easily sell 60,00 season tickets. The cold weather precludes season ticket sales, especially if the team is losing. I see nothing wrong with closing the roof when it's 10 degrees out.
Do I love football and snow. Yes, when I was 18. Do I love to play in it, yes. Do I want to sit on an aluminum bench in 10 deg weather and wind blowing on me and watch it? Not in a losing season. So people don't buy season tickets, and only come in Nov-Dec if they're winning.

WG
03-05-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
they're the BLEDSOE BILLS,right Wys?

:biggrin:

That's right SABURZ!!! ;)

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Right! Unless they can guarantee attendance. They'll only move if they can't fill seats. What's interesting is that when they really needed to fill seats, guess where they went? Hmmmm...

Originally posted by BillsNYC
i feel the inferiority complex of everybody outside of erie county RISING on this thread....

You sure it isn't that of the "inside EC" people? ;)

Judge
03-05-2003, 09:57 PM
This is a non-issue.

The Bills make no secret about their desire to create a fan base spanning east to Albany and north to Toronto and above. Rochester is a key component to the Bills' success. It's a metro area of 1 million with 1 hour or so of the Ralph. It's primo market area to complement metro Buffalo's 1.2 million or so population.

WG
03-05-2003, 09:59 PM
As to the point, the point is to get as many fans in the seats as possible, not to please those fans that do show up.

If it were to mean more fans in the seats, more sellouts, and generally greater demand, I don't care if they put the stadium in Jamestown or Olean.

Obviously that's ridiculous, but just as w/ players, many of you are getting all emotional b/c you live in Buffalo. If it's in the team's best interest to build a stadium in Batavia or Brockport, or somewhere else in between Rochester and Buffalo, then great, do it. If it's in the team's interest to move it to Niagara Falls, then do it.

Many of you make this such a personal issue. If it puts more fannies in the seats, then it's a good idea!

Otherwise, as Dozer says, the fannies will be S. Californians.

The_Philster
03-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I don't care if they put the stadium in Jamestown

Hey....Now there's an idea :D

BillsNYC
03-06-2003, 11:33 AM
the bills should NEVER build a domed stadium! half the games we won in rich/ralph were due to the weather!

Buffarama
03-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Then they should get a team can that win fair and square without weather.

BillsNYC
03-06-2003, 12:33 PM
the snow and cold is what makes it home field advantage

football was created to be played outside...i wish they would destroy all domes....

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-06-2003, 01:23 PM
I like that idea of Olean :D

I could handle a 15 minute drive to the game.

Bulldog
03-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
The only thing Rochester is know for is a Lilac Festival....wouldn't that make an intimidating Helmet.

I really didn't want to start any contraversy, but come on, what the hell is so great about the city of Buffalo? The Bills don't technically play there and the Sabres are going to be saved by Rochester businessman Tom Galisano. And lord knows that the UB sports programs pretty much suck all the way around. So in reality, Buffalo is probably no better off, if not worse, than Rochester.

P.S. Buffalo is know for the chicken wing. Let's see, the Buffalo Chicken Wings, that sounds great.

BFBills
03-06-2003, 03:18 PM
How about the Rochuffalo Bills???