PDA

View Full Version : Saints game has guests canceling wedding invites

Mitchy moo
01-12-2007, 03:54 PM
What do you do in this situation?

Two bridesmaids and a groomsman who paid $600 for his seats will be letting their tickets go, Boland added. They will miss a game that would be historic for Saints fans even without the backdrop of Hurricane Katrina's devastation; the Saints have never hosted a second-round playoff game before.
Chauffe and Boland are thinking of doing the previously unthinkable: asking the reception hall to set up a television tuned to the game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs06/news/story?id=2728776

Bufftp
01-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I chose I say have a TV and watch the game with friends and family,
I would of said cancel the wedding but it isn't a Bills game afterall.

THATHURMANATOR
01-12-2007, 04:18 PM
It is a tough one. I would go to the game though. Weddings should never be scheduled for this part of the year though.

patmoran2006
01-12-2007, 04:26 PM
It is a tough one. I would go to the game though. Weddings should never be scheduled for this part of the year though.

LMAO
If your a Saints fan, I dont think you'd have been worried about scheduling a wedding around a second round playoff game in January.

I mean after all this was the toughest division in football; with the Super Bowl favored (I'd rib more but I picked them too) Carolina Panthers; as well as the dangerous Atlanta Falcons and rising Tampa Bay Bucs led by the talented youngster, Chris Simms.

Devin
01-12-2007, 04:26 PM
A game of this magnitude, team history being made.....im at the game.

raphael120
01-12-2007, 04:59 PM
who schedules a wedding in january??? they had it coming to them.

Ingtar33
01-12-2007, 06:29 PM
i say cancel, but then I've been married

OpIv37
01-12-2007, 07:42 PM
If it were the Bills in the playoffs, NOTHING would keep me from watching the game because who knows when they'll be back?

kinigirly
01-12-2007, 08:14 PM
if the woman was truly your soul mate she would know that going the game is more important too. personally i prefer the elope method over weddings for reasons such as this

Mitchy moo
01-12-2007, 08:54 PM
if the woman was truly your soul mate she would know that going the game is more important too. personally i prefer the elope method over weddings for reasons such as this

A true woman of grace, good to see.:candle:

Marvelous
01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
I was married on a saturday & found out that sunday is the cheapest day of the two.. The day after my wedding we beatthe 49ers,,Milloy had 3 sacks & Mark Cambell had 3 TD's..It launched our awesome winning streak where we scored 30 points every week....

-My best friend was married 3 weeks before me on a sunday. We played the Jets @4:00. i wanted out very much but in the end the groom made it an official rule to have the day spoiler free. I taped teh game and watched it that night at midnight like it was LIVE...

-My oppinion is this-- It's the womens fault in both cases..In my case the women is the hero. She knew my mind would be on teh Bills and not her & the wedding..It's true..

2- It's the womans fault if she planned teh wedding on a gameday and could give a f**k less about the upset men there..Or her husbands feelings..IMO that'a a simple obvious sign that that woman is gonna be a whip-cracker. ,WHO WANTS THAT :confused: ...I almost canceled my buds wedding but in the end i went, but he wasn't teh best man at my wedding because i was bitter about the incident...Also i'm sure you guys can imagine if he's that whipped that it's a nighmare on a best bud to have to still be bro's when the whip-craccker DON'T PLAY!

~~Man that win streak was awesome..I should get married more :smile:

MikeInRoch
01-12-2007, 09:25 PM
I was watching the homerun throwback game at my brother's wedding reception. At the head table. He told me that my job in the wedding was to buy a small B&W TV and watch the game so everyone knew what was going on.

When we kicked the FG to go ahead, I told the DJ and everyone cheered. Then they all saw the look on my face as I watched the KO return. "How far did they get?" the question was asked. "All the way."

Mitchy moo
01-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I was married on a saturday & found out that sunday is the cheapest day of the two.. The day after my wedding we beatthe 49ers,,Milloy had 3 sacks & Mark Cambell had 3 TD's..It launched our awesome winning streak where we scored 30 points every week....

-My best friend was married 3 weeks before me on a sunday. We played the Jets @4:00. i wanted out very much but in the end the groom made it an official rule to have the day spoiler free. I taped teh game and watched it that night at midnight like it was LIVE...

-My oppinion is this-- It's the womens fault in both cases..In my case the women is the hero. She knew my mind would be on teh Bills and not her & the wedding..It's true..

2- It's the womans fault if she planned teh wedding on a gameday and could give a f**k less about the upset men there..Or her husbands feelings..IMO that'a a simple obvious sign that that woman is gonna be a whip-cracker. ,WHO WANTS THAT :confused: ...I almost canceled my buds wedding but in the end i went, but he wasn't teh best man at my wedding because i was bitter about the incident...Also i'm sure you guys can imagine if he's that whipped that it's a nighmare on a best bud to have to still be bro's when the whip-craccker DON'T PLAY!

~~Man that win streak was awesome..I should get married more :smile:

Wow, seems we all have had a problem like this.

Mitchy moo
01-12-2007, 09:31 PM
I was watching the homerun throwback game at my brother's wedding reception. At the head table. He told me that my job in the wedding was to buy a small B&W TV and watch the game so everyone knew what was going on.

When we kicked the FG to go ahead, I told the DJ and everyone cheered. Then they all saw the look on my face as I watched the KO return. "How far did they get?" the question was asked. "All the way."

oh man. :candle:

T-Long
01-12-2007, 10:07 PM
My best friend plays in the Texas Rangers organization, so he had to get married in January. Being from the Pittsburgh area, the Steelers just HAPPEN to be playing at the same times as the reception is going on. I **** you not, there was a room strictly for people who wanted to watch the game. Every guy besides the bride's father was in that room watching that game. The Steelers won in dramatic fashion at the end when Obrien missed those FG's.

Two more things...when they were introduced for the first time as husband and wife, he pulled a terrible towel out of his pocket and started waving it! Her family almost killed him. Then, the game was late in the 4th quarter when all of us in the bridal party had to be taken out for the bridal dances. NO ONE would come out for it!

I already told my fiance that we have to have a summer wedding. July 7, 2007 it is. I got my way!

Mitchy moo
01-13-2007, 06:11 AM
My best friend plays in the Texas Rangers organization, so he had to get married in January. Being from the Pittsburgh area, the Steelers just HAPPEN to be playing at the same times as the reception is going on. I **** you not, there was a room strictly for people who wanted to watch the game. Every guy besides the bride's father was in that room watching that game. The Steelers won in dramatic fashion at the end when Obrien missed those FG's.

Two more things...when they were introduced for the first time as husband and wife, he pulled a terrible towel out of his pocket and started waving it! Her family almost killed him. Then, the game was late in the 4th quarter when all of us in the bridal party had to be taken out for the bridal dances. NO ONE would come out for it!

I already told my fiance that we have to have a summer wedding. July 7, 2007 it is. I got my way!

good story!

Forward_Lateral
01-13-2007, 06:12 AM
Only a moron gets married during football season.

Night Train
01-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Only a moron gets married during football season.

Thank You.

Our July wedding and honeymoon went smooth many years ago. Then came August and visits to training camp.

Mitchy moo
01-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Thank You.

Our July wedding and honeymoon went smooth many years ago. Then came August and visits to training camp.

Mid May for me, no troubles.

Historian
01-13-2007, 06:42 AM
First of all, you set up your own HD plasma set at the reception. Attach it to a portable antenna, to get the HD over the air broadcast of the game.

Then, you treat it like the bar.

Turn it on when the bar is open, turn it off when it's closed.

Simple.