PDA

View Full Version : Connelly

Nighthawk
01-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Anybody know when he is expected back? I haven't heard anything recently? God knows we could use him!

Ebenezer
01-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I have not heard anything...but when he comes back they will have to trade/cut/waive Peters and maybe Kotalik to get under the salary cap.

Dr. Lecter
01-12-2007, 11:50 PM
I have not heard anything...but when he comes back they will have to trade/cut/waive Peters and maybe Kotalik to get under the salary cap.

Not true.

There were under the cap counting his salary. They have been fighting to keep that true, which is why the Rochester guys go up and down between games. I am not sure if they have used the entire pool they had up or not.

They could also activiate him after the trading deadline, when the cap is a moot point.

At very most they would lose Peters.

SkateZilla
01-13-2007, 08:01 AM
1. its "Connolly"

2. Supposedly Late Feb/Mar

3. The Cap is Lifted at the Trade Deadline

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Connolly's recovery picks up a bit of steam
By TIM GRAHAM
News Sports Reporter
1/13/2007

Tim Connolly's ongoing rehabilitation is helping him gradually intensify his activity level, but Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said there hasn't been enough improvement to establish a timetable for the playmaking center's return.
"We just hope he keeps progressing to where he feels like he can get back on the ice," Ruff said. "There still has been no weight training or anything of that nature. It's just been heart rate and bike and monitoring blood pressure."

Connolly has been unable to play since suffering a concussion eight months ago in the Eastern Conference semifinals. The Sabres signed him to a three-year, $8.7 million contract over the summer and hoped he would be back by now.

Connolly has been following an innovative post-concussion management program created by Barry Willer and John Leddy of the University at Buffalo.

While treatment for post-concussion syndrome generally involves rest and antidepressant medication, the Willer-Leddy program consists of regular, stationary bike workouts just below the patient's exercise threshold that would induce such symptoms as headaches and nausea.
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070113/1010800.asp

Nighthawk
01-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Sorry about the spelling, noticed it after I hit return. If this is the case, it doesn't sound good for his return this season. The Sabres definitely have to make a trade to shake up the team. This team just isn't playing good right now and new blood should help that. I'd like to see a proven veteran come in here and help this team. A Bill Guerin type is perfect...IMO.