PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss leaving Oakland???

X-Era
01-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Its breaking news by me (just joking although it did just happen).

He was just asked at the Inta-Juice game what the #1 pick should be spent on and his response was he didnt know, then he went on to say that he wants a Superbowl ring and that wherever he has to go to get it is fine, he doesnt have much time left in the league.

Sounds pretty clear that he wants out of Oakland.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2007, 01:09 PM
I'd take a chance on him - but it would be for an average contract since he hasn't done anything the last two seasons - plus our DBs having to practice against him will help speed the development of Youboty, Simpson and Whitner.

OpIv37
01-13-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't even want to hear anyone suggest that we bring him here. He can take his attitude problem to some disaster of a franchise- stay away from OP.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Why would we not take a chance on him???

it's not like he's got the leverage in negotiating with anyone - like I said, he hasn't done anything for 3 years.

I would even venture so far to say that if we picked him up, we'd beat the Pats once, and sweep the fins and jets. there would be too many deep threats to account for for any secondary in the NFL, and Willis would actually back his words up.

OpIv37
01-13-2007, 01:24 PM

it's not like he's got the leverage in negotiating with anyone - like I said, he hasn't done anything for 3 years.

I would even venture so far to say that if we picked him up, we'd beat the Pats once, and sweep the fins and jets. there would be too many deep threats to account for for any secondary in the NFL, and Willis would actually back his words up.

wrong- he'd just be crying for the ball, and the more yards willis got, the more he'd cry that we're not passing enough. Plus he's overpriced and injury prone. This guy would not help our team at all.

Philagape
01-13-2007, 01:27 PM
The man has admitted that he plays hard only when he feels like it. That alone makes him garbage, and he's been worthless in Oakland. Therefore there is no reason to even consider it, and once again I'm embarrassed by talk over every single available name coming here, even a cancerous turd like Randy Moss. :down:

DynaPaul
01-13-2007, 01:48 PM
The man has admitted that he plays hard only when he feels like it. That alone makes him garbage, and he's been worthless in Oakland. Therefore there is no reason to even consider it, and once again I'm embarrassed by talk over every single available name coming here, even a cancerous turd like Randy Moss. :down:

Yeah, and plus we already got one high profile player on offense who only plays when he feels like it.

Night Train
01-13-2007, 01:54 PM
I hope the cancers of the NFL like Moss and T.O. are begging for a tryout next Sept., while everyone ignores them.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2007, 02:54 PM
wrong- he'd just be crying for the ball, and the more yards willis got, the more he'd cry that we're not passing enough. Plus he's overpriced and injury prone. This guy would not help our team at all.

Well, since op knows it all, I guess I was wrong - only because Op said so.

did you not notice the fact that he hasn't done anything in 2 years with the raiders - no teams are gonna offer him anything - this is a "what have you done for me lately" league - he won't be overpriced - think of it as a very calculated risk - he could use us as a chance to show that he's still got it.

In oakland, they didn't have a single QB who could get him the ball - I think with JPs arm strength, and Lee on the other side, we could have a prolific Rams style O that won Dick Vermeil a Superbowl.

as soon as he starts acting like a whining baby, we fine the hell out of his @$$ - if he don't like it, we'll just cut him. And I'm sure he knows that that will drive his value down even more.

Saratoga Slim
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
Oakland is the perfect place for Moss. Good place for TO too.

If it came down to it, I'd rather have TO on my team than Moss--especially since the TO show is now winding down a bit. At least TO works his ass off on the field.

But then I'd rather contract gonorrhea than see the Bills sign either of them.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
that's the beauty of this situation - the player doesn't hold the leverage in this situation - the teams do.

I'd only go after him if Oakland cut him - I would under no circumstances surrender anything to Oakland for him.

ublinkwescore
01-13-2007, 02:58 PM
League average for a concensus 10-20 ranked Wide recievers in the league would be fair compensation. (in other words, we're not gonna give him T.O. or Steve Smith money - more like Jimmy Smith money).

clumping platelets
01-13-2007, 03:57 PM
No thanks

Typ0
01-13-2007, 04:39 PM
he wanted out of Oakland around week two. this is old news.

Gunzlingr
01-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Oakland is the perfect place for Moss. Good place for TO too.

If it came down to it, I'd rather have TO on my team than Moss--especially since the TO show is now winding down a bit. At least TO works his ass off on the field.

But then I'd rather contract gonorrhea than see the Bills sign either of them.

TO admitted this year that he only plays hard when he feels like. Neither of them is worth squat.

Philagape
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
I wouldn't pay one dime for him. He's an absolute disgrace.

Philagape
01-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Here's some ironic trivia ... Who had seven more catches and the same number of touchdowns as Moss in 06?

Peerless Price.

njsue
01-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Randy Moss = Terrell Owens

RedEyE
01-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Randy Moss is a downfield receiver, period. He doesn't do well in short yardage situations, he'd break in half if he went over the middle, and his route running is quite piss poor. He has speed and he's elusive at times, but just remember while you think you're getting one thing, he's not a player that plays every down. If he's not getting the ball, then the game bores him to tears and he half asses it on the field.

Don't need that locker room cancer in Buffalo.

Marvelous
01-13-2007, 10:10 PM

Do you not understand Marv and our organization brother? We are all class man..Seriously! We are & that's Ralphs signature trademark..We've had turds but they always turned into turds before we knew..Getting a super talent TURD like Moss would be something teh Ralph would never ever even consider..Also, Marv would never go for it either.....I undertsand your frustration though bro... We have Evans & he is frakkin A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

-Also, Roscoe is set to emerge as a playmaker..Lets face it, his biggest #1 weakness is he's small. BUT, that never stops him from making over the middle grabs that get him creamed.. The kid is gonna be good....That play against Miami was wicked awesome. Too bad there was a damn penalty :mad: :angry: ...Still a play that impressed me enough to watch him closer...His Baltimore game was impressive.... Keep the head up bro,,,we are on the rise!!!! !!!! !!!!

Bling
01-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Randy Moss has been nothing without Culpepper...

dolphan117
01-13-2007, 11:17 PM
It all depends on what it would take to land him both in terms of draft pick (which it would probably take as I doubt they will cut him outright) and Salary. If he is traded I think he would be in the last year of his deal so there would need to be a sign and trade to make it worth giving up any kind of significant draft choice.

I would just be very wary because I think the price for both would be significant. I mean if you can structure the deal so you can cut him after the first year with little cap hit than that one thing but I just think its idiotic to throw a bunch of money at a guy and then expect him to do something other than what he has done his entire career. Play when he wants to with whatever effort he like at the moment. And its not like the guy even had the T.O. excuse of being "underpaid", Moss has been raking in the cash for a while now and still only playing when he wants to. The more I think about it the less I like the prospect. Just watch, Parcels will cut TO because he is tired of drama queens at the WR position........ And Jerry will go and trade for Moss. :snicker:

Bert102176
01-14-2007, 09:59 AM
heck he asked to be traded earlier this season so it won't be no surprise to see him leave Oakland

ublinkwescore
01-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Do you not understand Marv and our organization brother? We are all class man..Seriously! We are & that's Ralphs signature trademark..We've had turds but they always turned into turds before we knew..Getting a super talent TURD like Moss would be something teh Ralph would never ever even consider..Also, Marv would never go for it either.....I undertsand your frustration though bro... We have Evans & he is frakkin A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

-Also, Roscoe is set to emerge as a playmaker..Lets face it, his biggest #1 weakness is he's small. BUT, that never stops him from making over the middle grabs that get him creamed.. The kid is gonna be good....That play against Miami was wicked awesome. Too bad there was a damn penalty :mad: :angry: ...Still a play that impressed me enough to watch him closer...His Baltimore game was impressive.... Keep the head up bro,,,we are on the rise!!!! !!!! !!!!

Hmmm, that's funny didn't Bruce Smith have a Cocaine controversy?

Thurman got caught with weed in a hotel room...

Sometimes being in a classy environment can bring out the best in a person.

I think under the right circumstances, we could make Moss work here. Oakland had the worst Oline in football a lot of the time, and they had the worst QBs in the league bar none - Moss wasn't the only one being a turd who is a recieving target.

Moss would be #2 to Evans though (we wouldn't tell him that though).

If he really wants a superbowl ring, you have to be able to beat perrenial contenders - if he wants that challenge, coming to the AFC East would be the place to play seeing as how the Patriots also happen to play here.

I'm sure Marv and Dick would put a premium on letting the rest of the players know that he will not be a distraction because the instant he does, he's not allowed on team premises under any circumstances, and will be fined with extreme prejudice.

ublinkwescore
01-14-2007, 01:55 PM
if anyone could straighten him out, our guys (Dick, Marv, Fairchild) are just as qualified as any in the NFL.