PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the Sabres

Nighthawk
01-13-2007, 08:34 PM
The Sabres are in trouble and I don't believe they are one of the elite teams in the league at this time. No, this isn't because they lost tonight, but it is their play over the last month or so...they've played terrible. Also, they rarely score more than 2 goals a game during that stretch. Anybody who thinks this team is OK is fooling themselves. The players are playing like they have packed it in until the playoffs and I truly believe their heads are way too big. Lindy needs to get a hold of this team because it is playing awful right now. It's time to change the lines up as Vanek is starting to play like he did towards the end of last season and that is not good. Break up the lines because it isn't working and what is the point of keeping them the same if they don't produce. Also, it may be time to pull the trigger on a trade to get a veteran who can bring some character back to this team. Sorry, but what I've seen lately is not a good sign for the rest of the season. And please, don't give me this crap that they're in a slump and it will happen...go back and look, they've been playing this way for almost 2-months...that excuse doesn't fly anymore.

SkateZilla
01-13-2007, 08:39 PM
well at home the ice sucks, but thats only part of it...

they (especially Teppo and Kotalik, seem to like passing with out looking, and its turned over)

Nighthawk
01-13-2007, 08:44 PM
well at home the ice sucks, but thats only part of it...

they (especially Teppo and Kotalik, seem to like passing with out looking, and its turned over)

I've notice a lot of players sending the puck to spots where there are no Sabres and it gets picked up and cleared out of the zone...very frustrating. Also, nobody on the team, except maybe Vanek & Gausted, go to the net to create traffic in front of the opposing goalie. This team needs to get back to basic and show a little more heart than it has recently.

SABuffalo786
01-14-2007, 03:49 AM
They've been (for the most part) mailing it in since the Boston comeback.

This is not a Cup winning team right now.

clumping platelets
01-14-2007, 03:52 AM
Vanek seems to be playing lazy.............it's time to sit his :moon: for a couple of games.

I still say trade Kotalik for a gritty, playoff tested forward or defenseman

YardRat
01-14-2007, 04:40 AM
I'd still like to see Boumeister (sp ?) in a Sabres uni before the deadline.

redeye5
01-14-2007, 08:51 AM
Gary Roberts.........for Kotalik......and a Rochester player...best part about this is the Rochester player still stays in Rochester...since the panthers own part of the amerks as well

GThirst
01-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Vanek seems to be playing lazy.............it's time to sit his :moon: for a couple of games.

Kotalik for defensemen Salo of the Canucks! You just can't go wrong with that guy.

Nighthawk
01-14-2007, 02:34 PM

Something has to be done, you can't just sit back and do nothing. With the way the contract are working out (Briere & Drury), this may be the Sabres best shot at winning the Cup for many years. Sitting back and doing nothing would be ridiculous.