PDA

View Full Version : What do you feel most changed the aints to the saints?

Mitchy moo
01-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Saints are usually pretty terrible but not this year. They had a .188 winning percentage (3-13) and are now heading towards the conference championships. That is the biggest turn around ever in one year to make it that far, so what was the largest factor??

Luisito23
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Obviously Drew Brees....

GO BILLS!!!!!

LtFinFan66
01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Coach, Brees, Bush, Deuce, 7th round gem Colsten, Katrina....so all the above plus some!

Mitchy moo
01-13-2007, 10:30 PM
I think coaching at this level means so, so much. You have your mix of Ego's and problems and just have to try to keep the players in check. If you look at the remaining teams as of today (besides Merriman of SD), they all have basically kept their noses clean and played it straight.

I think you can contribute alot of that to the respect of your coach and the concerns about letting him down. Lord knows they don't care about the cops, wives or drug / roid dealers.

dolphan117
01-13-2007, 10:37 PM
For me it has to be the coach. That team has had a very respectable amount of roster talent for years only to find ways to embarrass itself under Hazlet. I remember 2 years ago their owner said he was embarrassed by the way they played and said they looked like a high school team................. And then he let Hazlet come back as HC the next year. (there is a head scratcher) They finally dump him and get a real coach and look what happens. Having the Texans pass on Bush certainly helped as did being able to land Brees but IMO it all started with coaching.

bills_7
01-13-2007, 11:50 PM
NFL being fixed? lol.. havnt watched much of there games but im sure they get the calls like the pats, colts etc.

LtFinFan66
01-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Brees came into his own in SD

Devin
01-14-2007, 01:46 AM
All of the above, but primarily Payton. He brought an attitude to the Saints not seen in a long time. Winning.

Not only did he clear out all the garbage but he made this team a team.

Good for the Saints, and good for New Orleans.

I just became a huge Seattle fan for tomorrow.

BillsFever21
01-14-2007, 01:59 AM
I think it's a combo between Payton and Brees. Payton has done a great job and Brees gave them the stable QB play they needed to succeed.

Seeing a team like the Saints turn it around makes me even more disgusted about our team. If a lifetime losing team like the Saints can turn it around in one year then why can't we?

It all starts with the HC and they hired a great one this time. Until we get somebody like that we will continue to be average.

Historian
01-14-2007, 06:17 AM
Sorry, I think the fix is on.

Mitchy moo
01-14-2007, 07:49 AM

Scarely, that maybe the case. I'll just puke if the Saints win in and they have to do more katrina coverage. Start a bon fire & burn it all, add a Million tons of dirt and a real leavy system and rebuild. They have a good climate and are actually in a neat area of the U.S.

njsue
01-14-2007, 09:42 AM
The New Orleans Saints front office knew they had to spend the $$$$ to build a winner. Especially when it came down to signing Reggie Bush.

Michael82
01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
That's why I predict the Saints to go all the way. It will be just what New Orleans needs and the media will all orgasm over the thought of the Saints in the Super Bowl and what it did for all the people who lost everything from Katrina. If it does go down like I think it will, i will really start leaning towards the NFL being "fixed" and will believe that the Bills won't have a shot at winning until Ralph passes away or sells the team, because the NFL is sick of his whining. :ill:

Tatonka
01-14-2007, 10:34 AM
the crazy thing is.. look at his all new trio of linebackers.. if buffalo dumped what they have and replaced them with the retreads that new orleans did.. the media would feast on us.. not that they didnt pick new orleans to suck too.. but still..

coaching is the biggest thing.

MTBillsFan
01-14-2007, 11:37 AM
Post 9/11 the Patriots win
Post Katrina the Saints win
The fix is on, I've been sayin it for years to my friends

Devin
01-14-2007, 11:38 AM
:yawn:

feelthepain
01-14-2007, 01:52 PM
You need to add "all of the above" cause they all apply.

TigerJ
01-14-2007, 03:08 PM
It's never just one thing. However, signing Drew Brees was huge. He was a known commodity, a solid QB who could manage a game, not make a lot of mistakes, and could make enough big plays that defenses have to respect the passing game.

Michael82
01-14-2007, 03:44 PM
It's never just one thing. However, signing Drew Brees was huge. He was a known commodity, a solid QB who could manage a game, not make a lot of mistakes, and could make enough big plays that defenses have to respect the passing game.
just think....the Dolfelons could have had Drew Brees on their team, but chose Daunte Culpepper instead. :rofl:

Elminster
01-14-2007, 03:50 PM
It was a tough decision, but I went with Payton. Great coaching goes even farther than great quaterbacking does in the league today, and Payton assembled a talented staff and ran his offense in a way that all of his diverse weapons could excel, and also is probably largely responsible for instilling a winning attitude and insuring that two runningbacks can share the load without feeling the other is cheating them of their carries...

Mitchy moo
01-14-2007, 04:03 PM
It was a tough decision, but I went with Payton. Great coaching goes even farther than great quaterbacking does in the league today, and Payton assembled a talented staff and ran his offense in a way that all of his diverse weapons could excel, and also is probably largely responsible for instilling a winning attitude and insuring that two runningbacks can share the load without feeling the other is cheating them of their carries...

Wow, nice post.:respect:

PECKERWOOD
01-14-2007, 05:58 PM
I suppose I'm the only one to go with Reggie Bush. :/

kinigirly
01-14-2007, 06:01 PM
reggie bush is immensely talented, but he was a hype this year that gave the saints fans additional momentum. he wasn't a main driving force

bflojohn
01-14-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm not being mean spirited here, however, the New Orleans Saints had 2 MAJOR offseason moves fall right into their laps! Drew Brees, IMO, signs with the Miami Dolphins if they hadn't gotten cold feet and the draft day decision by the Houston Texans to NOT draft Reggie Bush was a boon for this franchise. Those two occurances alone set off a chain reaction of feel good stories that they are riding to this day. The element that required foresight was definately Sean Payton, IMO!!