Bills mock with FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Bills mock with FA

I don't mind admitting that I, like most, go on the info I find on scouting sites, but this is fun. I'm going to do it over and over from now until April and I'll probably change my mind 100 times in-between as players rise and drop on draft boards.

In Free Agency:
    G Derrick Dockery - a monster who deserves a good payday and will start right away for us.
    TE Daniel Graham - will allow us to run 2-TE sets and gives us a better receiver at the position. This is highly unlikely, but
    T Marc Colombo - played well for the Cowboys, starting all 16 games and is not going to command a large contract. He's a former first round pick who is resurrecting his career after blowing out his knee. At 28 he still has several good years left and will likely win the RT spot unless Pennington grows up fast.
    re-sign: Gandy, Hargrove, Kelsay and K. Thomas

Draft:
    Rd1 - CB Daymeion Hughes - has the tools, upside, and ball hawking skills to be an impact CB who could start right away. Nate who?http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...aymeion00.html
    Rd2 - DT Justin Harrell - should be a first rounder, but right now, he's flying in under the radar. We can always hope it stays that way.
    Rd3 - LB Jasper Brinkley - a big and fast LB with cover skills and a nose for the ball. If he stays in school, he could be a 1st rounder next year.
    Rd4 - WR Joel Filani - a big possession type WR with some potential...How can one not see that name in a Bills uniform? I'm not sure if he really is part Italian, but Buffalo will love him anyway.
    Rd5 - RB Clifton Dawson - worth a shot...he dominated and rewrote record books in the Ivy League and word is, his O-line was not good, even at that level. He's at least gotta be smart, right? He'll fit right in with Levy and Jauron.
    Rd6 - OLB Quincy Black - a Tampa system type LB with mucho upside who could rise up the boards (especially on teams that run the Tampa-2) and be way gone by this time. Tackles like a LB and covers like a safety.
    Rd7 - OG Jorge Batiste - another athletic lineman with upside...he's McNally's next star pupil.

Am I the reincarnation of John Butler or Matt Millen?
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Re: Bills mock with FA

Originally posted by andyxc71
    I don't mind admitting that I, like most, go on the info I find on scouting sites, but this is fun. I'm going to do it over and over from now until April and I'll probably change my mind 100 times in-between as players rise and drop on draft boards.

In Free Agency:
    G Derrick Dockery - a monster who deserves a good payday and will start right away for us.
    TE Daniel Graham - will allow us to run 2-TE sets and gives us a better receiver at the position. This is highly unlikely, but
    T Marc Colombo - played well for the Cowboys, starting all 16 games and is not going to command a large contract. He's a former first round pick who is resurrecting his career after blowing out his knee. At 28 he still has several good years left and will likely win the RT spot unless Pennington grows up fast.

Draft:
    Rd1 - CB Daymeion Hughes - has the tools, upside, and ball hawking skills to be an impact CB who could start right away. Nate who?http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...aymeion00.html
    Rd2 - DT Justin Harrell - should be a first rounder, but right now, he's flying in under the radar. We can always hope it stays that way.
    Rd3 - LB Jasper Brinkley - a big and fast LB with cover skills and a nose for the ball. If he stays in school, he could be a 1st rounder next year.
    Rd4 - WR Joel Filani - a big possession type WR with some potential...How can one not see that name in a Bills uniform? I'm not sure if he really is part Italian, but Buffalo will love him anyway.
    Rd5 - RB Clifton Dawson - worth a shot...he dominated and rewrote record books in the Ivy League and word is, his O-line was not good, even at that level. He's at least gotta be smart, right? He'll fit right in with Levy and Jauron.
    Rd6 - OLB Quincy Black - a Tampa system type LB with mucho upside who could rise up the boards (especially on teams that run the Tampa-2) and be way gone by this time. Tackles like a LB and covers like a safety.
    Rd7 - OG Jorge Batiste - another athletic lineman with upside...he's McNally's next star pupil.

this offseason wud suck if this all happened other than Daniel Graham no big upgrades

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      • Apr 2004

I disagree. Dockery is a major upgrade. The Skins will likely outbid us to keep him, but there's a chance. Buffalo will not win a bidding war for Steinbach. IMHO, Dockery is #2 on the FA list of guards.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Probably the most reasonable attempt at forecasting what the team will do in FA that I've seen posted yet.

All this 're-sign Nate, pony up for Steinbach, sign Gonzalez, Briggs, and June' etc stuff is just too far out there.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

[quote=andyxc71]I don't mind admitting that I, like most, go on the info I find on scouting sites, but this is fun. I'm going to do it over and over from now until April and I'll probably change my mind 100 times in-between as players rise and drop on draft boards.

In Free Agency:
          If David Diehl is a UFA, I would prefer him as he's more mobile. Kris Dielman of the Chargers is also one who might be good.
          TE Daniel Graham - will allow us to run 2-TE sets and gives us a better receiver at the position. This is highly unlikely, but Totally agree and as the Pats also have Ben Watson and Dave Thomas
          T Marc Colombo - played well for the Cowboys, starting all 16 games and is not going to command a large contract. He's a former first round pick who is resurrecting his career after blowing out his knee. At 28 he still has several good years left and will likely win the RT spot unless Pennington grows up fast.Disagree. I think Pennington did well and will grow during the offseason. I also see Brad Butler bulking up and providing competition. A better RG will help. Colombo has had one good season but is still one injury away from an end of career and will regress the young players who turned in a satisfactory performance.

I would also add:
          LB Boss Bailey or Corey Miller - I doubt we'll get a big MLB in FA who is big enough so I reckon we may move Crowell there or draft a MLB. Either way they'll be on the smaller side so will need DL protection
          RB TJ Duckett - a big runner who will allow us to hold the fort and allow us to trade Willis and draft a RB in 2008
          CB Mike Rumph or Ahmad Carroll - I see us bringing in a young Vet, who will compete with and push Youboty.

re-sign: Gandy, Hargrove, Kelsay and K. Thomas Agree with all of these and also resign A.Thomas

Draft:
          I think we'll see what we have in Youboty before drafting a CB. If we go for Patrick Willis MLB, then I will like your R2 pick. I do suspect that if Glenn Dorsey is here, we will grab him or maybe look to drop down for Amobi Okoye
          Rd2 - DT Justin Harrell - should be a first rounder, but right now, he's flying in under the radar. We can always hope it stays that way.If we go for Willis then this is a superb pick. If we have traded picks with someone like Denver and dropped down for someone like Okoye then I see us packaging a couple of picks and moving up for Paul Posluzny
          Brinkley has said he is going back to school. I am not sure what to do here. I like the idea of drafting Doug Free or Mike Otto to back up Peters and also cover LG - maybe a CB like Jonathan Wade?
          Either an OL or Jonathan Wade if he has slipped. Otherwise Travarous Bain CB of Hampton
          Rd5 - RB Clifton Dawson - worth a shot...he dominated and rewrote record books in the Ivy League and word is, his O-line was not good, even at that level. He's at least gotta be smart, right? He'll fit right in with Levy and Jauron. We don't have a Round 5 pick - it was part of the Hargrove deal
          Now here I would love Zak DeOssie LB of the Brown Bears. 6ft4, 240lbs, speed, NFL genes, can play inside or out. May fall because of Ivy League status. Fingers crossed.
          I think with Pennington, Butler and Merz plus maybe a Day1 OL we will hold fort here. We may see if we can pick up our Marques Colston. I would not be aggrieved if we consider WRs David Ball (New Hampshire), Marques McDaniel and Onrea Jones (Hampton). I also like Dawson and whoever we miss on should be immediately signed as a OFA as well as Dorian DeRosia DT if still available. DeRosia might become an OL conversion.

Am I the reincarnation of John Butler or Matt Millen? Love the work .. definitely NOT Matt Millen [/quote]

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

In Free Agency:

Draft:

I love all the FA signings and would also love to see us add Boss Bailey as Kernowboy suggested. Also maybe Carroll, Harper, Buchannan, or Manning Jr. I think that would make a great offseason FA period for us.

As for the draft, none of those picks really get me overly excited.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              • Apr 2004

There are so many possibilities! I just really think that Hughes is the real deal and since McGee has been suspect, Youboty translates to his spot which leaves a #1 pick to replace Clements. Hughes, Youboty, Whitner, and Simpson will be here for a while, developing together, and they have no ceiling of potential.

Comment

• Bmax
                • Aug 2003

In Free Agency:

Draft:

Millen with that draft.. Dockery would bne a good RG .. The question does he have enough athletic ability to pull and move ...The Bills like their guards to that...I would go with some one else..Say steinbach whose pay tag may be too steep..

Graham would be a very good addition....i agree it would be unlikely.....

I don't like Columbo .. i look for Pennington to be a good RT someday for us.....

I think we will address the MLB position in Free agency....Robert Thomas....Mitchell from KC

Now the Draft ...Yikes !!!!!!!

When i do a mock i usually only do the first three rounds due to it being so early ...no copmbine senior bowl etc...

so here goes....

RD #1 AMOBI OKOYE-DT-forget the talk about drafting another DT .. remember the bills tried to sign Ryan Pickett after they signed Triplett...Question name a player maker on the def line besides schobel ?.....don't say triplett....denney yeah right kelsay fa ......That's why you draft the best def available ...other picks could Dorsey, Jamal Anderson de .....Jarvis Moss and Darrell Revis who is much better than the Cal corner who may not even be a top 15 pick....Okoye on the other hand is rocketing up draft boards.....He may drop after the combine .. but right now he is worthy of the pick...

RD 2-Brian Lenoard-I know why ? well Shelton won't be back....The kid can block and catch...he would be a good release valve for losman...A plus for us uin short yardage .. we need a lot of improvement in that area....Siler from Florida MLB could be a good pick here if he comes out....

RD 3- Cj Gaddis- Clemson-Big corner who needs work.....Grooming .. also look for Arron Sears -OT-OG-Tenn, Brandon Mebane-DT Cal...Or Manuel Ramirez-OGTexas Tech.....

Bmax

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  • Apr 2004

Who is our #1 CB? I think many of you are underestimating what it will mean to lose Clements. We could a: overpay for a FA who is not top tier, b: sit on our laurels and hope Youboty emerges over the offseason, or c: draft an impact CB in the first round. I'll take the latter.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Who is our #1 CB?

Good question, I shudder to think McGee is...
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                      !?!?!?!?!?
                      • Mar 2006

I disagree. Dockery is a major upgrade. The Skins will likely outbid us to keep him, but there's a chance. Buffalo will not win a bidding war for Steinbach. IMHO, Dockery is #2 on the FA list of guards.
                      yes i am sorry i missed dockery

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        • Apr 2004

So, one major screw up by me....no 5th round pick, dummy.
                        I could try to fudge it and say it's my predicted compensatory pick, but we will get none this year.

So far Brinkley hasn't made it official as far as I know. I think he's still feeling his way. He has the possibility of being first round talent next year and staying in school with his twin brother as reasons to stay besides getting his degree. Doesn't look good for him entering the draft.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                          • Feb 2004

In Free Agency:

Draft:

Question who is gonna start for London Fletcher???
                          GO Gators!!!!!!
                          GO GATORS!!

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

So, one major screw up by me....no 5th round pick, dummy.
                            I could try to fudge it and say it's my predicted compensatory pick, but we will get none this year.

So far Brinkley hasn't made it official as far as I know. I think he's still feeling his way. He has the possibility of being first round talent next year and staying in school with his twin brother as reasons to stay besides getting his degree. Doesn't look good for him entering the draft.
                            Look whos talking, 5th round traded to Rams for Anthony Hargrove

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                              Look whos talking, 5th round traded to Rams for Anthony Hargrove
                              I think you misunderstood my post. I was making fun of myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X