PDA

View Full Version : JP's QB Class

YardRat
01-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Now that the season is over for all four (Losman, Rothlisberger, Manning, and Rivers).....

Rank 'em...

BillsFever21
01-14-2007, 07:40 PM
If you're just basing it off of this season it would easily be Rivers, Losman, Manning and Big Ben.

Big Ben was a 1 year wonder on a great team that was just asked to not lose the game. Manning always starts off good but tails off the 2nd half of the year.

Both of them guys have twice the experience that Losman does. Rivers is on a talented offensive team and has one of the best RB's ever to play this game to help him out. Also has one of the best TE's in the game today. JP has McGahee and Robert Royal. I wish we had LT. JP would be that much better.

JP was the most improved player in the NFL this season. With a still shaky offensive line and only one other real threat on offense with Evans to support him it's amazing the strides he's made.

Losman has the worst collection of talent around him out of the 4 but was better then two of them and close to what Rivers did.

All of the other 3 have a great RB and a good/great TE to roll along with them.

Rivers had LT and Gates
Manning has/had Barber and Shockey
Big Ben has Parker and a decent TE in Miller. I wish we had Miller.

Them other guys have also been in the same system since they came into the league. They all have great running games and a system that works and they know what they wanna do.

Losman has junk around him and was still better. We have a good QB for our future. Give Losman them tools and you would really see what they can do.

HHURRICANE
01-14-2007, 07:50 PM
2006 only!!!

1) Rivers
2) Losman
3) Ben
4) Manning

SABURZFAN
01-14-2007, 07:51 PM
1.rivers
2.big ben
3.manning
4.losman

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I have a few friends who are Giants fans, and I told them that when it's all said and done, Losman will be a better QB than Eli. They thought I was joking, but they'll know soon enough...

DraftBoy
01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
1. Rivers
2. Roth
3. Losman
4. Eli

X-Era
01-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Now that the season is over for all four (Losman, Rothlisberger, Manning, and Rivers).....

Rank 'em...

Easy:

1) Rothlisberger
2) Losman
3) Manning
4) Rivers

Why?

Roth has gotten it done against tough teams and has won a SB, he WAS a part of why they won. He had a bad year this year, but what he has done always beats what a player could do.

Losman has a better long arm than probably any of this class. He has a tough mentality, and has developed good pocket presence. He can make all the throws, he can beat you with his legs, and he has great mechanics. His glitch is being inexperienced and still trying to develop better presence and decision making,

Manning has all the tout in the world but seems to come up short way too often. He cant beat you with his legs, and he doesnt have the strongest arm. His best assett was supposed to be his pocket presence/decision making. But he makes too many mistakes and cant be counted on to win games. Id rather have Losman right now to be honest.

Rivers has a tough mentality but thats about it. He has terrible throwing mechanics, is pretty inaccurate, and doesnt have a strong arm. He has made good 4th quarter decisions, and has won some games. But overall, I think he would end up last in this class if each had a chance to start for his team. I just cant get around those mechanics.

camelcowboy
01-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Losman will be on the bottom till he leads us to the playoff's. Every qb in the class has led their team to the playoffs except JP. Isn't winning what matters.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Losman will be on the bottom till he leads us to the playoff's. Every qb in the class has led there team to the playoffs except JP. Isn't winning what matters.

yes, it is, but we're talking about individual players here- not teams. All of those teams have had significantly better players around the QB than Buffalo since these 4 guys started playing. I guarantee none of the other 3 would have made the playoffs either if they had to play in Buffalo the last 3 seasons.

X-Era
01-14-2007, 08:24 PM
1.rivers
2.big ben
3.manning
4.losman

How would you rate these posters?

1. My 4 year old daughter (I probably could teach her to type)
2. A Dallas Cowboys fan
3. A mildy ******ed chimpanzee
4. Saburzfan

Your so Romo-sexual its ridiculous.

Neg away, its all you got.

ParanoidAndroid
01-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Not a single one of those QB's has been able to make all the throws with any consistency. JP has the best deep ball out of all of them and is behind only Rothleisberger in game management. Rivers is playing on a great team, much like Roth.. did last year and really didn't do anything special, but he has better touch than JP. Manning has a decent O-line, a great running game and still manages to stink it up.

1. Rothleisberger
2a. Losman
2b. Rivers
4. Manning

TacklingDummy
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
1)Ben led his team to a Super Bowl victory

2) Rivers: Led his team to the playoff basically his rookie year. Going 14-2

3) Manning: Led the Giants to the playoffs 2 of the 3 years he's been there.

4) Losman: Led his team to 2 victories over the Houston Texans. And 2 Victories over the Miami Dolphins. 8-16 as a starter. Im not impressed.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 09:07 PM

3) Led the Giants to 2 playoff berths in the 3 years there.

4) Losman: Led his team to 2 victories over the Houston Texans. And 2 Victories over the Miami Dolphins. 8-16 as a starter. Im not impressed.

Your logic here is terrible.

Peyton Manning, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino never won Super Bowls- does that mean Ben Rothlisberger is better than them?

You're failing to account for the fact that football is a team sport and the QB's in question didn't get their team into the playoffs on their own. They had a lot of help, which Losman didn't.

TacklingDummy
01-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Your logic here is terrible.

Peyton Manning, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino never won Super Bowls- does that mean Ben Rothlisberger is better than them?

You're failing to account for the fact that football is a team sport and the QB's in question didn't get their team into the playoffs on their own. They had a lot of help, which Losman didn't.

No where did I say Ben was the only reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Winning the Super Bowl is not the only game the Steelers won that year.

No, it doesn't mean Ben is better than any of them. But he has something 2 of them will never have and something Manning will get this year. A Ring.

And anyone with half a brain would trade Manning, Ben, or Rivers for Losman if they had the chance.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 09:59 PM
No where did I say Ben was the only reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Winning the Super Bowl is not the only game the Steelers won that year.

No, it doesn't mean Ben is better than any of them. But he has something 2 of them will never have and something Manning will get this year. A Ring.

And anyone with half a brain would trade Manning, Ben, or Rivers for Losman if they had the chance.

I would trade JP for Rivers. I would consider trading JP for Ben. I would absolutely not trade JP for Eli. Eli plays like a scared little kid who plays football because his dad wants him to. At least JP has some intensity to his game. Plus he's more mobile and throws the long ball better.

And while you didn't directly say Big Ben was the only reason they won the SB- this thread is about which of the 4 QB's is the best. You said Ben was the best but gave the SB as the only reason. That's a weak argument because it takes more than a QB to win a SB. If you think Ben is better, fine- but come up with some reasons that account for the fact he's on a better team (maybe not so much now, but definitely in 04 and 05).

SABURZFAN
01-14-2007, 11:05 PM

i am? :huh:

SABURZFAN
01-14-2007, 11:07 PM

i do?well then........explain the negs that i received and show me where i negged anybody in this thread. :huh:

SABURZFAN
01-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Losman will be on the bottom till he leads us to the playoff's. Every qb in the class has led their team to the playoffs except JP. Isn't winning what matters.

if i had said this,i wonder how many negs i would have gotten?

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Manning?

Did you watch him at all this season?

My God, when JP played half as bad as Manning did in almost every game you went ape-****.

Manning is terrible. And Ben was horrible this year as well, but I will give him a break.

To act as if you can compare the QB's based on their team's accomplishments alone is ludicrous. A team's success is not only QB performance based/

Dr. Lecter
01-14-2007, 11:20 PM
if i had said this,i wonder how many negs i would have gotten?

You still owe us an evaluation.........

Philagape
01-15-2007, 12:54 AM
It's really hard to fathom a statement more wrong than the idea that Eli, Rivers or Ben LEADS their teams.

bills_7
01-15-2007, 02:11 AM
1.rivers
2.big ben
3.manning
4.losman

im going say this nicly.. ur not very educated whn it comes to football... but i guess ur opion is welcome b/c it made me laugh

LifetimeBillsFan
01-15-2007, 05:26 AM
OK, I'll take a crack at this. Based on 2006 alone:

1.) Roethlisberger
2a.) Rivers
2b.) Losman (coming on strong)
4.) E.Manning (fading badly)

As far as how I assess them on this season and over the longer term:

1.) Both Roethlisberger and Losman had bad first halves, but came on strong as the season progressed. I don't give Roethlisberger any additional plusses for his playoffs or Super Bowl ring because it was Randle-El that threw the winning TD pass in the Super Bowl and Roethlisberger actually did not play that well in most of the playoff games he was in, even when his team won. But, he is a good game manager, an established leader of his team, has improved his accuracy and overall passing game and has an arm that is, at worst, second only to Losman's in this class. Over the long haul, I can only see Roethlisberger getting better. The question in my mind is whether he will be able to master playing in the playoffs to the point where he can be a guy that his team can lean on to win the big game for them when the chips are on the line and the supporting cast either isn't as good or isn't playing well. I see him being at or near the top of the class now and down the road.

2a.) For a guy with little to no playing experience, Rivers got the respect of his team right off the bat, managed games well, showed good accuracy with his passes--which is his biggest strength--and made good decisions and plays in the 4th quarter, when games are most often on the line. Obviously, Rivers had a tremendous cast around him to help him this season and, as with Roethlisberger and Manning in the past, having a great supporting cast can do a lot to disguise a young QB's short-comings. But, by the same token, if you are going to take credit away from Rivers for having the help of LT and Gates, you also have to give him some credit for not having great WRs. The fact that Rivers has begun to establish himself as a leader with his teammates--who might have reacted to him taking over from Brees the way the Bills reacted to Losman taking over from Bledsoe--and, most importantly, his accuracy with the ball will stand him in good stead over the long-term. I don't know if Rivers has as much up-side as Losman going forward from here, but he showed a lot this season and I have to give him credit for that. Playing in the nice weather in San Diego and starting out with a good team that has lots of young talent should make it easier for him to be successful as his career goes forward from here.

2b.) Despite playing with a limited supporting cast and a limited playbook, Losman came a long way this season. Like Roethlisberger, Losman struggled during the first half of the season--for different reasons. But, as the season progressed, he established himself as the team's unquestioned starting QB and began to show signs of being a team leader. He improved his footwork and accuracy tremendously and showed signs of finally becoming adept at reading defenses--which was one of his major weaknesses. He has a cannon for an arm and a quicker release than the others and has begun to demonstrate that he can control his emotions and passes better. While he doesn't have the awareness in the pocket that Roethlisberger has and Rivers may have equal or better in-pocket escapability, once the Bills decide to let Losman run, he has better speed and is a more dangerous runner than any of the other three QBs, which means that he can (and has) make some big plays with his feet. Losman also has shown signs of being able to lead his team back from deficits late in games, but he has to do it successfully more often and more consistently--if he does, he could jump up to the head of this list in short order. The need to do a better job of protecting the ball, his inconsistency in the short passing game and on third-and-short passes (5 of 30 something is not even close to good enough), and the need to continue to improve his pocket-awareness and reading of defenses are Losman's major short-comings and the reason why, despite the fact that he had a lesser supporting cast than the other 3 QBs, I cannot rank him any higher at this point. I do not think that Rivers could do as well playing in Buffalo as Losman looks like he can do, but, right now, I can't put Rivers behind Losman because of his accuracy and 4th quarter play. Losman still is learning and has a tremendous upside, especially if the Bills can surround him with a good supporting cast. He has moved past Manning, but he will have to continue to show the kind of improvement that he made this past year and get help from the other players around him to move past Roethlisberger and Rivers. He ha
s the physical talent to do that and is beginning to show the heart and leadership, but he must master the mental side and, even then, won't be able to do it alone (one of the greatest QBs I ever saw was Sonny Jurgenson--who some of you younger guys probably never heard of--but, despite his talent and the prolific numbers he put up, he never played on a playoff team because the Washington and Philly teams that he was on were so awful and as a result, even those who remember him seldom mention his name when talking about the greatest QBs of all-time).

4.) I watched every NY Giant game this season except one and, despite having a superb supporting cast around him on offense, IMHO, Eli Manning has regressed to the point where, by the end of the season, he looked like JP Losman at his worst last season. Had Manning not had the supporting cast that he had around him, he would have looked even worse: for example, one the 4th quarter drive when the Giants tied Philly, on his first pass, Manning blindly threw a lame duck pass off of his back foot, bailing out against the pressure, into an open space in the coverage that P.Burress got to and made a superb diving catch on; on the next play, Manning, knowing that he had made a bad throw on the previous play and feeling the pressure, even though there was none on this play, air-mailed a pass along the sidelines that probably no other receiver in the NFL other than P.Burress could have caught, because Burress lept so high and fell down, the DB let up and Burress was able to get up and make a big play out of the pass. While Manning made a terrific throw for a TD on the next play following these passes, only one of the 3 passes was a good one and there would not have been a TD had Burress not made two great plays on the previous downs. Manning's mechanics are a mess: he bails out and throws off the wrong foot when under pressure, he can't throw the ball accurately at all when moving to his right, his pocket-awareness is worse than Losman's now and he has trouble protecting the ball, even though he has a better offensive line. He has a tendency to lock on to Burress at times to the exclusion of his other receivers. Even though he throws a better short- and medium-ball than Losman, he has a tendency to overlook his outlet receivers and, as the season progressed, his accuracy on these passes diminished. With the retirement of T.Barber and perhaps some of the other older players moving on or taking lesser roles, Manning may have the chance to be more of a team leader, but, even though he has been given that role, he did not show leadership of the team, especially when they were in crisis. As Manning's play deteriorated, his self-confidence and demeanor crumbled and questions began to arise about his ability to be a successful NFL QB. While Manning will not have to go through what Losman went through in Buffalo, in terms of being jerked around and forced to prove himself, he will have to turn his game around, much in the way that Losman had to learn how to play on the NFL level, to keep his job with the Giants after his contract runs out in a couple of years. Manning needs to have his game torn down and rebuilt, much the same way as Fairchild, Schonert and Van Pelt tore down Losman's game and began rebuilding it from the ground up this season, but, being in New York, with a team that has playoff ability and aspirations, and having the Manning name and pedigree, I don't think that that is going to happen. And, in the long-term, I think that is going to hurt Eli, in comparison to the other three QBs in his class. He doesn't have the arm or release of Losman or Roethlisberger or the accuracy of Rivers--he came into the NFL with more saavy about the pro game and a better understanding of what he needed to do and how to read defenses, but, as the others progress and get better in these areas, they will, IMHO, surpass him unless he gets his act together soon. The Giants, with all their talent, may have squeeked into the playoffs this season, but Manning had the kind of season that Losman had in his eight games last year and his first 8 this season--the difference is that Manning had more experience than Losman at that point and Losman continued to get better as the season went on. With the media in NYC already starting to question Manning's ability, things could get ugly for him next season very fast.

But, of course, all of this is just my opinion. I'm sure there will be others who will disagree.

YardRat
01-15-2007, 05:59 AM
How would you rate these posters?

1. My 4 year old daughter (I probably could teach her to type)
2. A Dallas Cowboys fan
3. A mildy ******ed chimpanzee
4. Saburzfan

Everybody else has managed to contribute to this thread without dragging it down to a pissing match. I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. Thanks in advance.

YardRat
01-15-2007, 06:00 AM
BTW...excellent post, LtBF :D

TacklingDummy
01-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Manning?

Did you watch him at all this season?

My God, when JP played half as bad as Manning did in almost every game you went ape-****.

Manning is terrible. And Ben was horrible this year as well, but I will give him a break.

To act as if you can compare the QB's based on their team's accomplishments alone is ludicrous. A team's success is not only QB performance based/

I wish JP was terrible and he led the Bills to the playoffs . Instead JP was just terrible.

The Bills would have had alot more success if the QB would have showed up in most of their losses.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Everybody else has managed to contribute to this thread without dragging it down to a pissing match. I'd appreciate it if you'd do the same. Thanks in advance.

Are you kidding? Saburzfan posts stuff just to piss everybody off here. He should be banned. He lists JP last but has nothing to back it up with, like a fact. End of story.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2007, 10:50 AM
I wish JP was terrible and he led the Bills to the playoffs . Instead JP was just terrible.

The Bills would have had alot more success if the QB would have showed up in most of their losses.

You already got roasted by me the last time you brought this up. Even the local paper agrees that if we had been able to stop the run we would have won the close games. Your posts are pure spam.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2007, 10:56 AM

3) Manning: Led the Giants to the playoffs 2 of the 3 years he's been there.

I'm pretty sure that Ben had the worst stats of any winning Super Bowl QB ever. "Leading his team to victory" might be a stretch.

Rivers I'll give you.

JP on the Giants would probably mean that they are still playing right now. Eli has been awful. Ask how many Bills fans want Eli or Ben here in Buffalo instead of JP.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm pretty sure that Ben had the worst stats of any winning Super Bowl QB ever. "Leading his team to victory" might be a stretch.

Rivers I'll give you.

JP on the Giants would probably mean that they are still playing right now. Eli has been awful. Ask how many Bills fans want Eli or Ben here in Buffalo instead of JP.

Is the Super Bowl the only game the Steelers played that year? You have to win during the regular season to get to the playoffs. You have to win in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl. Ben was the leader of the Steelers offense.

Umm, unrealistic Bills fans will want the QB they have right now. And thats JP Losman. Ask the rest of the country which QB they would rather have on their team. I bet you JP would come in 4th.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2007, 11:06 AM
You already got roasted by me the last time you brought this up. Even the local paper agrees that if we had been able to stop the run we would have won the close games. Your posts are pure spam.

You pointed out 1 drive at the end of certain games that the defense couldn't stop the run. Did you ever stop to think that if the offense would have did something the REST of the game that the defense wouldn't have been tired from being on the field all dayand theywould have been more fresh in the 4th QTR.

Football is a 60 minute game. When the offense basically does nothing for the first 53 minutes of the game, besides go 3 and out, of course the defense is going to be tired and run on.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2007, 11:08 AM

Eli did not lead the Giants to the playoffs. They made the playoffs DESPITE Eli.

And the QB was not always the problem in the losses.

A NFL has 22 starters (+ a kicker and punter)

Wins and losses are not exclusive of the QB position.

Read LifeTimeBillsFans post and learn.

HHURRICANE
01-15-2007, 11:14 AM
You pointed out 1 drive at the end of certain games that the defense couldn't stop the run. Did you ever stop to think that if the offense would have did something the REST of the game that the defense wouldn't have been tired from being on the field all dayand theywould have been more fresh in the 4th QTR.

Football is a 60 minute game. When the offense basically does nothing for the first 53 minutes of the game, besides go 3 and out, of course the defense is going to be tired and run on.

You are a liar. You asked for 3 games and I gave them to you!!!!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1791573#post1791573

PECKERWOOD
01-15-2007, 11:15 AM
Too easy.. If it is based off of this year alone:

1.) Rivers
2.) Losman
3.) Manning
4.) Roethlisberger

If you were to base it from an overall standpoint in which we are comparing the QB's since they have been in the league my list would be:

1.) Roethlisberger
2.) Manning
3.) Rivers
4.) Losman

Losman has to show more improvements next year and more importantly prove that he is a consistent QB. We have all seen QB's that have done well for a season, only to crap the bed the next. Chris Simms, Culpepper and Frye are perfect examples of this years busts.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2007, 11:24 AM
And the QB was not always the problem in the losses.

Wins and losses are not exclusive of the QB position.

And did I say JP was the only problem in the Bills losses? Umm no. He was just the main problem.

Better QB play and the Bills could have won the 1st NE game, Jets, Lions, Colts, Chargers and Ravens games. Despite playing poorly against the run at times.

But you and others can blame the defense when the offense had the least amount of 1st down in the league, ran the fewest plays in the league, 30th in Time of Poss., had the 30th overall offense in the league, and 31st in 3rd down %. Yep, it certainly was the Defenses fault why the Bills sucked this year. :rolleyes:

TacklingDummy
01-15-2007, 11:25 AM
You are a liar. You asked for 3 games and I gave them to you!!!!

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1791573#post1791573

Ummm, I said certain games. Games with a "s" which means more then 1. So how is that lying?

You pointed out 1 drive in 3 different games. 1 drive does not make a game.

patmoran2006
01-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Losman: has done more with less.

Rivers: ITs easy to be a great QB when you have LT and Gates.

Manning: Too much talent around him to not be elite by now.

Ben: Sucked this year, was a leader last year.

TO me, you have to factor in everything: where they were taken, what did they give up to take him-- how much of the salary cap is he eating up, etc.

So based on all that- this is my rankings..

1- Ben: Pitt got him 12th (I think) didnt give up anything to my knowledge to move up and take him.. He was banged up this year, he's not an elite QB but a very good one and like it or not, he did win a Super Bowl.

2- Rivers: Again, a lot of talent around him. But SD not only got Rivers but others by trading with the Giants. I think he's going to be good for a long time.

3- Losman: The lowest drafted of the QB's, but Buffalo did give up picks to get him. He started out looking like he could bust, but really evolved the 2nd half of the season. He could have a real good future and move up over the next few years.

4- Manning. Monster contact, Giants gave up a lot to get him, he by far has the most talent around him-- and he has done very little to become an elite QB. Give Losman Barber, Burress, and Shockey and watch what he would do.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2007, 11:51 AM
And did I say JP was the only problem in the Bills losses? Umm no. He was just the main problem.

Better QB play and the Bills could have won the 1st NE game, Jets, Lions, Colts, Chargers and Ravens games. Despite playing poorly against the run at times.

But you and others can blame the defense when the offense had the least amount of 1st down in the league, ran the fewest plays in the league, 30th in Time of Poss., had the 30th overall offense in the league, and 31st in 3rd down %. Yep, it certainly was the Defenses fault why the Bills sucked this year. :rolleyes:

How do you figure he was worse than Manning? Even using team record as an indiciatr, the Giants were one game better thanthe Bills with a much easier schedule and a better surrounding cast (Barber, Shockey)

Sure better QB play could have helped the Bills win those games. But QB play was NOT the main reason.

As for running the fewest plays, time of possesion and 3rd down rate, you are poriving our point that JP was not the main problem. All of those stats are more indicative of a weak RUNNING game, not a weak passing game.

I rarely see you obsess with McGahee or the run blocking, when they wrere both bigger problems than JP.

And I love your selective use of statistics. The Bills offense was 27th running and 28th passing.

And JP is the bulk of the blame?

When one factors in the improvement of the passing game in the 2nd half of the year (timed with the O-line adjustment) and how stagnant the running game was, maybe the problems on offense no longer start at the QB position.

Philagape
01-15-2007, 12:11 PM
The Bills offense was 27th running and 28th passing.

On a per-play basis, the offense was still 27th in rushing but 11th in passing.

We were 28th in passing yards because we didn't pass a lot.

Dr. Lecter
01-15-2007, 12:24 PM
True, I did this quickly and did not perform a full analysis.

Good work.

kernowboy
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM

JP was not terrible. With a new offensive coordinator he started shakily but came on strong playing with improved confidence and winning over his team mates. And he is moving in the right direction.

Instead we have one or two fans (alleged) who are desperate that we waste a high draft pick on a QB we don't need with no guarantee they will be any better, have a similar work ethic, a similar strength of arm, an ability to bounce back from adversity and come the 2009 draft will be squealing for us to draft a QB.

Tatonka
01-15-2007, 01:18 PM
firetrucking toolboxes.

ublinkwescore
01-15-2007, 01:28 PM

Rivers I'll give you.

I'd take Losman over all of them...

If we get Losman a better #2 reciever, some better interior line help, and a run Defense that helps keep him on the field, the sky really is the limit next year.

ublinkwescore
01-15-2007, 01:36 PM
firetrucking toolboxes.

what ever that means, I thanked you for it - I'm assuming of course you're referring to the two "alleged" bills fans here who's wives are having an affair with JP.

YardRat
01-15-2007, 01:41 PM
Are you kidding? Saburzfan posts stuff just to piss everybody off here. He should be banned. He lists JP last but has nothing to back it up with, like a fact. End of story.

He's entitled to his opinion without getting pissed on, just like anybody else here.

Do you honestly think out of however many posters someone isn't going to have the opinion that JP ranks fourth instead of first thru third? Get a grip.

BuffaloFever ranked JP fourth overall, career-wise, also...Why don't you piss in his Wheaties and accuse him of antagonization?

Thanks again to everybody who attempted to answer the thread in an intelligent manner, regardless of what your opinion was and whether or not I agree with it.

Philagape
01-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Nobody is entitled to not get pissed on.

Tatonka
01-15-2007, 02:16 PM
what ever that means, I thanked you for it - I'm assuming of course you're referring to the two "alleged" bills fans here who's wives are having an affair with JP.

in my hockey league.. they are starting to enforce a new unsportsmanlike penalty for language.. i have been hit with a few of them now.. so my new F word is firetruck..

and yeah.. i was referring to them.

Philagape
01-15-2007, 02:35 PM
in my hockey league.. they are starting to enforce a new unsportsmanlike penalty for language.. i have been hit with a few of them now.. so my new F word is firetruck..

and yeah.. i was referring to them.

Fracking idioms

Jan Reimers
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
I would rate them based on 2006 as:

1.) Rivers (Due in large part to a very good O-line, the best all-around RB in football, reliable WRs and a superb TE.)*

2.) Losman (Despite an average O-line, only one quality WR, an inconsistent RB and almost nonexistent TEs.)

3.) Roethlisberger (Whose perfect world of Parker and the Bus, 3 very good WRs, a quality TE and a great O-line was reduced to just a very good world with the loss of Bettis, Burress and Randel El.)

4.) Manning (Who really sucks, despite a good O-line, 2 big time WRs, a Pro Bowl TE and a great RB.)

*I'd love to see how Losman could do with a really good O-line and weapons like LT and Gates.

BillsFever21
01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Some of these clowns on here must think football is tennis or golf.

SABURZFAN
01-15-2007, 10:10 PM
im going say this nicly.. ur not very educated whn it comes to football... but i guess ur opion is welcome b/c it made me laugh

you want to talk about educated.......... :rofl:

why don't you educate yourself into correcting the words you spelled wrong in your post. :rolleyes:

SABURZFAN
01-15-2007, 10:14 PM

he should be banned..... :wail:

he posted that stuff to piss everybody off...... :wail:

somebody change his diaper and put a clean skirt on him. :rolleyes:

HHURRICANE
01-16-2007, 04:33 PM
he should be banned..... :wail:

he posted that stuff to piss everybody off...... :wail:

somebody change his diaper and put a clean skirt on him. :rolleyes:

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1810583 width="50%">JP's QB Class (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1810583#post1810583)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>01-15-2007 11:16 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>SABURZFAN (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=78)</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">fu(k off @$$hole. SAB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for negging me and of course not backing up anything as usual. Who's the baby?!

PECKERWOOD
01-16-2007, 04:36 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1810583 width="50%">JP's QB Class (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1810583#post1810583)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>01-15-2007 11:16 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>SABURZFAN (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=78)</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">fu(k off @$$hole. SAB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks for negging me and of course not backing up anything as usual. Who's the baby?!

What do you expect? Growing up, Sabz was always the fat kid in gym class and was constantly picked last, leave the poor fella alone!

Philagape
01-16-2007, 04:38 PM

:wail: :baby:

justasportsfan
01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
actually, anyone with only half a brain or less would think that JP is solely responsible for his win-loss record . anyone with half a brain would know that Flutie wasn't solely responsible for his record with the bills throwing for only 100+ yards every game.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2007, 07:08 PM
What do you expect? Growing up, Sabz was always the fat kid in gym class and was constantly picked last, leave the poor fella alone!

And his mommy dropped him on his head repeatedly when he was a baby after he ate to burp him.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2007, 07:09 PM
actually, anyone with only half a brain or less would think that JP is solely responsible for his win-loss record . anyone with half a brain would know that Flutie wasn't solely responsible for his record with the bills throwing for only 100+ yards every game.

Yeah, but Flutie did consistently move the ball when he had to - most of the time.

justasportsfan
01-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah, but Flutie did consistently move the ball when he had to - most of the time.
Nope. The D bailed him out a lot of the time. Don't get me wrong I liked him over Robosack but the D helped in a lot with his w/l record.

SABURZFAN
01-16-2007, 07:34 PM
And his mommy dropped him on his head repeatedly when he was a baby after he ate to burp him.

says the guy who never stopped eating for their parents to burp. :fat:

TacklingDummy
01-17-2007, 07:18 AM

That's funny, Doug never threw for less then 100 yards as a Bill when he had more then 12 pass attempts. JP has done it 3 times.

You seem to like to compare JP to DF. There's no comparison. Try comparing him to Robosack. That's a better comparison.