• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

JP's QB Class

Now that the season is over for all four (Losman, Rothlisberger, Manning, and Rivers).....

Rank 'em...
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: JP's QB Class

If you're just basing it off of this season it would easily be Rivers, Losman, Manning and Big Ben.

Big Ben was a 1 year wonder on a great team that was just asked to not lose the game. Manning always starts off good but tails off the 2nd half of the year.

Both of them guys have twice the experience that Losman does. Rivers is on a talented offensive team and has one of the best RB's ever to play this game to help him out. Also has one of the best TE's in the game today. JP has McGahee and Robert Royal. I wish we had LT. JP would be that much better.

JP was the most improved player in the NFL this season. With a still shaky offensive line and only one other real threat on offense with Evans to support him it's amazing the strides he's made.

Losman has the worst collection of talent around him out of the 4 but was better then two of them and close to what Rivers did.

All of the other 3 have a great RB and a good/great TE to roll along with them.

Rivers had LT and Gates
    Manning has/had Barber and Shockey
    Big Ben has Parker and a decent TE in Miller. I wish we had Miller.

Them other guys have also been in the same system since they came into the league. They all have great running games and a system that works and they know what they wanna do.

Losman has junk around him and was still better. We have a good QB for our future. Give Losman them tools and you would really see what they can do.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

2006 only!!!

1) Rivers
      2) Losman
      3) Ben
      4) Manning

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

1.rivers
        2.big ben
        3.manning
        4.losman
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

I have a few friends who are Giants fans, and I told them that when it's all said and done, Losman will be a better QB than Eli. They thought I was joking, but they'll know soon enough...
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

1. Rivers
            2. Roth
            3. Losman
            4. Eli
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
              Now that the season is over for all four (Losman, Rothlisberger, Manning, and Rivers).....

Rank 'em...
              Easy:

1) Rothlisberger
              2) Losman
              3) Manning
              4) Rivers

Why?

Roth has gotten it done against tough teams and has won a SB, he WAS a part of why they won. He had a bad year this year, but what he has done always beats what a player could do.

Losman has a better long arm than probably any of this class. He has a tough mentality, and has developed good pocket presence. He can make all the throws, he can beat you with his legs, and he has great mechanics. His glitch is being inexperienced and still trying to develop better presence and decision making,

Manning has all the tout in the world but seems to come up short way too often. He cant beat you with his legs, and he doesnt have the strongest arm. His best assett was supposed to be his pocket presence/decision making. But he makes too many mistakes and cant be counted on to win games. Id rather have Losman right now to be honest.

Rivers has a tough mentality but thats about it. He has terrible throwing mechanics, is pretty inaccurate, and doesnt have a strong arm. He has made good 4th quarter decisions, and has won some games. But overall, I think he would end up last in this class if each had a chance to start for his team. I just cant get around those mechanics.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Losman will be on the bottom till he leads us to the playoff's. Every qb in the class has led their team to the playoffs except JP. Isn't winning what matters.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  Losman will be on the bottom till he leads us to the playoff's. Every qb in the class has led there team to the playoffs except JP. Isn't winning what matters.
                  yes, it is, but we're talking about individual players here- not teams. All of those teams have had significantly better players around the QB than Buffalo since these 4 guys started playing. I guarantee none of the other 3 would have made the playoffs either if they had to play in Buffalo the last 3 seasons.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    1.rivers
                    2.big ben
                    3.manning
                    4.losman
                    How would you rate these posters?

1. My 4 year old daughter (I probably could teach her to type)
                    2. A Dallas Cowboys fan
                    3. A mildy ******ed chimpanzee
                    4. Saburzfan

Your so Romo-sexual its ridiculous.

Neg away, its all you got.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

Not a single one of those QB's has been able to make all the throws with any consistency. JP has the best deep ball out of all of them and is behind only Rothleisberger in game management. Rivers is playing on a great team, much like Roth.. did last year and really didn't do anything special, but he has better touch than JP. Manning has a decent O-line, a great running game and still manages to stink it up.

1. Rothleisberger
                      2a. Losman
                      2b. Rivers
                      4. Manning

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

1)Ben led his team to a Super Bowl victory

2) Rivers: Led his team to the playoff basically his rookie year. Going 14-2

3) Manning: Led the Giants to the playoffs 2 of the 3 years he's been there.

4) Losman: Led his team to 2 victories over the Houston Texans. And 2 Victories over the Miami Dolphins. 8-16 as a starter. Im not impressed.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                          1)Ben led his team to a Super Bowl victory

2) Rivers: Led his team to the playoff basically his rookie year. Going 14-2

3) Led the Giants to 2 playoff berths in the 3 years there.

4) Losman: Led his team to 2 victories over the Houston Texans. And 2 Victories over the Miami Dolphins. 8-16 as a starter. Im not impressed.
                          Your logic here is terrible.

Peyton Manning, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino never won Super Bowls- does that mean Ben Rothlisberger is better than them?

You're failing to account for the fact that football is a team sport and the QB's in question didn't get their team into the playoffs on their own. They had a lot of help, which Losman didn't.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Your logic here is terrible.

Peyton Manning, Jim Kelly and Dan Marino never won Super Bowls- does that mean Ben Rothlisberger is better than them?

You're failing to account for the fact that football is a team sport and the QB's in question didn't get their team into the playoffs on their own. They had a lot of help, which Losman didn't.
                            No where did I say Ben was the only reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Winning the Super Bowl is not the only game the Steelers won that year.

No, it doesn't mean Ben is better than any of them. But he has something 2 of them will never have and something Manning will get this year. A Ring.

And anyone with half a brain would trade Manning, Ben, or Rivers for Losman if they had the chance.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              No where did I say Ben was the only reason the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Winning the Super Bowl is not the only game the Steelers won that year.

No, it doesn't mean Ben is better than any of them. But he has something 2 of them will never have and something Manning will get this year. A Ring.

And anyone with half a brain would trade Manning, Ben, or Rivers for Losman if they had the chance.
                              I would trade JP for Rivers. I would consider trading JP for Ben. I would absolutely not trade JP for Eli. Eli plays like a scared little kid who plays football because his dad wants him to. At least JP has some intensity to his game. Plus he's more mobile and throws the long ball better.

And while you didn't directly say Big Ben was the only reason they won the SB- this thread is about which of the 4 QB's is the best. You said Ben was the best but gave the SB as the only reason. That's a weak argument because it takes more than a QB to win a SB. If you think Ben is better, fine- but come up with some reasons that account for the fact he's on a better team (maybe not so much now, but definitely in 04 and 05).
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X