PDA

View Full Version : LT just snapped

Mitchy moo
01-14-2007, 07:24 PM
OMG- Right at the end of the game he was visibly angry at the Pats celebratory actions and had to be restrained at the handshakes. They kept saying LT your better than that, your better than that. I have never seen that man lose his cool but it happens to the best of them here and there. Arguably the greatest season ever for a RB and Brady stole it from him.

X-Era
01-14-2007, 07:26 PM
OMG
That wasnt snapping, it was showing respect for his team and his home field and blasting the ******ed Pats who mocked his team, and his home field. They have had the ref's bent over since day one. Someone needs to investigate mob ties because its ridiculous at this point.

LT had a right to do it, if it was our clown RB, we would see a shot of him admiring himself in compact mirror at that point. LT is one of the best sportsman in this league. Somethink that Marcia Brady and his "limp" whining could only dream to be.

Pride
01-14-2007, 07:28 PM
The chargers gave this game away.. not the refs.

Michael82
01-14-2007, 07:29 PM
:bf1:

X-Era
01-14-2007, 07:31 PM

Could be, but in no way has Marcia Brady become a man again. Hes a blazing Romo.

OpIv37

not giving Marty the TO on the 2 pt? Not calling Hobbs for that flagrant shot to the head? I also saw holdings that weren't called....

Yeah, SD ****ed up. But there is a consistent pattern of calls going the Patriots way and it's really getting ****ing old.

No matter how you look at it- NE lucked out. They got calls from the refs and a slew of stupid mistakes by the Chargers. They had no business winning this game.

imbondz
we should be ***** the Chargers for choking not ***** the Patriots

X-Era
not giving Marty the TO on the 2 pt? Not calling Hobbs for that flagrant shot to the head? I also saw holdings that weren't called....

Yeah, SD ****ed up. But there is a consistent pattern of calls going the Patriots way and it's really getting ****ing old.

No matter how you look at it- NE lucked out. They got calls from the refs and a slew of stupid mistakes by the Chargers. They had no business winning this game.

The Pats suck :posrep:

BillyT92679
01-14-2007, 07:33 PM
The Chargers really did blow this game. The Pats weren't impressive, but they showed their experience. This was a poorly coached game by SD and the players lost composure in the second half.

DynaPaul
01-14-2007, 07:33 PM
The Patriots benefitted from many non-calls during this game. I was hoping for a San Diego-Indianapolis shootout but the powers that be want New England to go far as usual.

BillsFever21
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
I'd be pissed too if my HC and other players on my team performed like jackasses out there today. Throw in the celebration and just about any great player who played his heart out would be pissed off.

This was a pathetic display tonight. Some heads need to roll in San Diego. They blew this game away after dominating it.

Tatonka
01-14-2007, 07:35 PM

you know what.. card players cant control the cards either.. it looks like luck.. but the same guys always end up at the final poker table.. it is the same thing with the pats..

camelcowboy
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
I don't like the colts chances, Your going to hear Dillion's and Maroney's names all day long. At least this times the Colts will be at home. The Patriots hardly ran the ball against the chargers.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
you know what.. card players cant control the cards either.. it looks like luck.. but the same guys always end up at the final poker table.. it is the same thing with the pats..

Well, think of it like this- one of the things that good teams do is take advantage of the other teams' mistakes, and I'll give NE all the credit for that.

But the luck element is this: why the **** do other teams always make dumb mistakes against the Pats to put them in a position to take advantage of it? SD had 15 turnovers in 16 regular season games, but they had 3 or 4 against NE. And they were LUCK from NE's perspective- that jackass should have knocked the ball down on 4th down instead of trying to return a pick. The fumbled punt had nothing to do with anything NE did, it was just pure luck that the guy bobbled it.

That's the kind of **** that ALWAYS goes the Patriots' way.

Michael82
01-14-2007, 07:42 PM

It started out as a normally reffed game, but in the second half the check must have cleared because the Patriots started getting away with murder and then getting everything to go their way. :ill: :puke:

don137
01-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes, the Patriots got the calls. What else is new? I am sure they will get the calls next week too. Just get use to it and accept it.
Obviously NE is a very good team but I think The Chargers lost the game more than the Patriots won the game. How many of the points did the Patriots get off of San Diego stupid mistakes? Why the heck does MCcree hold on to the ball for the interception when it is 4th down? If he drops it not only is the play over and San Diego ball but they would of also have better field position. Parker tries to pick up the ball knowing he only has a split second before he is pounced on that punt return. Florence with that stupid person foul penalty. Why Schotteinheimer wasted a timeout on a clear fumble is beyond me. That cost them those 20 seconds they wasted between plays in the last minute of the game. San Diego's head was not in the game. They could of and should of won but New England played a smarter game and they are advancing.

Marvelous
01-14-2007, 07:46 PM
I don't buy any of teh penalty BS..I saw NE have a long run get called back for holding...And Rivers was acting when he fell down on that last drive...

It's coincidence that NE gets all the calls because we are thinking they do..Make no mistake i hate NE & used to think this way..

hammerbillsfan
01-14-2007, 07:47 PM
he just said no class from the head coach

:lolpoint: Belichick

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I don't buy any of teh penalty BS..I saw NE have a long run get called back for holding...And Rivers was acting when he fell down on that last drive...

It's coincidence that NE gets all the calls because we are thinking they do..Make no mistake i hate NE & used to think this way..

Obviously you didn't see the play where Hobbs HIT THE SD RECEIVER IN THE HEAD and there was no call, or the play where Merriman beat Light around the outside so Light hooked him with his arm to force him wide of Brady, or Marty trying to call the TO on the 2 pt and being ignored by the refs......

Yeah, the refs are going to miss calls from time to time, but this **** happens to NE year in and year out. No one ever seems to get as many calls their way as NE does.

BTW, blatant penalties still have to be called on NE- you can't make it too obvious.

Ingtar33
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
both teams got a LOT of borderline calls for and against.

you want to look at a team the refs gave a victory to, look at chicago.

YardRat
01-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Damn...I really didn't want to root for either NE or Indy next week.

Dozerdog
01-14-2007, 07:58 PM

And the Chargers did?

Give credit where credit is due. The Pats are the most clutch team this decade in football.

The refs had ZERO impact on this game

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
And the Chargers did?

Give credit where credit is due. The Pats are the most clutch team this decade in football.

The refs had ZERO impact on this game

Zero? I don't agree with that at all.

The Chargers definitely blew it, but the refs get an assist.

BTW, no matter how you look at it, the Pats lucked out. If McCree had knocked that damn ball down instead of intercepting, he never would have fumbled and the Pats would never have been in a position for that "clutch" **** to matter.

Mitchy moo
01-14-2007, 08:03 PM
Are these Tom B. clutch stats?:

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left>WEEK</TD><TD align=left>OPP</TD><TD align=left>RESULT</TD><TD>CMP</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>CMP%</TD><TD>LNG</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>RAT</TD><TD>ATT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>AVG</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>DIV</TD><TD align=left>@SD</TD><TD align=left>W 24-21 (http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=270114024) </TD><TD>27</TD><TD>51</TD><TD>280</TD><TD>52.9</TD><TD>49</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>57.6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SD choked, plain and simple. LT needed his hands on the ball all the 4th Quarter.

Mahdi
01-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Im happy NE won..... it makes things easier for Manning and the Colts. Otherwise they would have been in SD next week. Manning deserves a shot at the SB if his defence will come out to play.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 08:09 PM
Im happy NE won..... it makes things easier for Manning and the Colts. Otherwise they would have been in SD next week. Manning deserves a shot at the SB if his defence will come out to play.

I'm NEVER happy with NE winning, unless that victory has a direct positive effect on the Bills.

camelcowboy
01-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Manning will have to get the monkey off his back, It does help they have Vinateri on their side, It will be the defense stopping the run.

chernobylwraiths
01-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Like Thomas in the first superbowl for us, Tomlinson should have gotten the ball a hell of a lot more. Looked like every other time he touched the ball, he gained 10 yards. Well, he DID have over 5 yards a carry. Did Mularkey get in the SD booth or something?

Mary going for it early in the game instead of trying the long 48 yard FG didn't help either.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 08:44 PM
Mary going for it early in the game instead of trying the long 48 yard FG didn't help either.

I saw that play and thought "here we go again...." Marty always gets outcoached in the playoffs.

Mitchy moo
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Like Thomas in the first superbowl for us, Tomlinson should have gotten the ball a hell of a lot more.

Dance with the date that brought you there, I couldn't agree more.

T-Long
01-14-2007, 09:50 PM
who cares? I'd rather see the Pats vs. Colts anyways. It'll be a great matchup to see if Peyton gets over the playoff jinx and finally get to the Super Bowl.

raphael120
01-14-2007, 10:19 PM
I dont know about any of you guys, but LT is a very classy player and I think is a good representation of what a very good, humble football player should act and should conduct himself. To see how he reacted to what the Patridiots did at the end of the game, to be set off that bad, says something about how the Pats play. And I agree with Op, there was so many calls (Personal fouls, cheap shots, etc) that were started by the Pats and the Chargers were the ones who reacted and got flagged, but honestly, if any of us were on the field and we're playing in a heated battle and some homo pats player cheap shots us in the head, or throws us to the ground after the play is over, i'd ****ing hit back too, and i bet anyone else in that situation would too. It's just the principle of the thing, dont come into play in a professional game if youre going to act like a thug, if you want that ****, play in Oakland or something. Ive never had respect for NE, but theyve gone downhill since the SB years, at least then they were slightly respectable, but now it's just ****ing rediculous, dirty players have entered the team, Bellichek has ****ing lost his mind and is a jealous greedy child. He is buying into all the hype and believes his **** dont stink. His family hates him because of the neglect...The whole exchange with him and Mangini is a perfect example of who has more class. The Jets win, Bellichek gives Mangini a cold fish, and when the Pats win, he ignorantly pushes a cameraman out of the way and bear hugs Mangini. Who does that? A little immature ****ing child. It's pathetic, and I agree 100% with LT, and i think it's past due that Bellichek is called out for his classlessness. I dont know about anyone else, but this weekend coming up, im a colts fan, and I wish them best of luck and hope the Pats are ground into the turf.

EricStratton
01-14-2007, 10:26 PM
If you don't want the team to celebrate in your stadium win the freakin' game.

Otherwise shut the hell up.

raphael120
01-14-2007, 10:30 PM
If you don't want the team to celebrate in your stadium win the freakin' game.

Otherwise shut the hell up.

Yeah ok, if I come over to your house and win a game of scrabble, its ok for me to go up and start crapping on your moms lap? Cuz that's about the classiness of going onto the opposing teams logo on the middle of the field and dancing on it.

EricStratton
01-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah ok, if I come over to your house and win a game of scrabble, its ok for me to go up and start crapping on your moms lap? Cuz that's about the classiness of going onto the opposing teams logo on the middle of the field and dancing on it.

I think there is a difference between scrabble and an NFL game.

the two teams just beat the hell out of each other for three hours and the winners (underdogs even) celebrated on their field.

Big freakin deal.

camelcowboy
01-14-2007, 10:34 PM

Did the patriots pull down their pants and crap on field? I must have missed that part.

Mitchy moo
01-14-2007, 10:45 PM
Did the patriots pull down their pants and crap on field? I must have missed that part.

T.O. tried that before.

raphael120
01-14-2007, 11:05 PM
tom bradys QB play could be considered crapping on the field. or the chargers stupid mistakes

raphael120
01-14-2007, 11:05 PM
and for the record...whoever thinks the pats are EVER an underdog are morons