X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Chargers played stupid. They blew the game

They dominated this game. The Patriots played like crap and absolutely had no business winning this game.

Fumbling the punt and then trying to pick it up and run with it instead of laying on the ball.

2 personal foul penalties. Challenging the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was idiotic. That had no chance of being reversed. That cost them 45 seconds.

Going for 4th and 11 in the 1st quarter instead of trying for the FG. Playing the prevent defense at the end of the 1st half and letting the Patriots march down the field.

All the penalties that took them out of scoring position or either put New England in scoring position or let the drive go after them missing a 3rd down play and end up scoring out of it.

Shotty should be fired after this game. Chargers have a ton of talent but Marty just can't win the big game. 200 wins in his career and not 1 SB appearance? After this disgusting coaching performance and the lack of discipline on the field by the Chargers today was pathetic. After the 1st or even 2nd stupid penalty or plays by the Chargers Marty should've gotten their head into the game and made heads roll.

The review on the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was a pop warner decision. Even ICE wouldn't have went for that review. They wasted a timeout and 45 much needed seconds at the end of the game which would've put them in FG position to tie the game and send it into overtime.

I can't even believe the Colts and Patriots are playing for the SB next week. I hate the Patriots period and I hate Peyton Manning. This is disgusting. Both of these teams played like crap but somehow won their games by the Ravens and Chargers beating themselves.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Chargers played stupid. They blew the game

that's ok.i put $50 on the Pats Money Line.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Yeah, poor NE fans, they must be beside themselves with joy knowing that no matter what, every bad situation will go their way...GUARANTEED.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

you didn't even mention that the ****ing fumbled INT was on a 4th ****ing down. All the jackass had to do was knock the ball away but he wanted to pad his stats and ended up costing his ****ing team.

**** him and **** lucky ass NE for basically winning the game on that damn nonsense.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by feelthepain
          Yeah, poor NE fans, they must be beside themselves with joy knowing that no matter what, every bad situation will go their way...GUARANTEED.
          Yeah, they sure are... but they never admit it.

Comment

• feelthepain
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            you didn't even mention that the ****ing fumbled INT was on a 4th ****ing down. All the jackass had to do was knock the ball away but he wanted to pad his stats and ended up costing his ****ing team.

**** him and **** lucky ass NE for basically winning the game on that damn nonsense.
            Yeah, but look at it this way, you get to enjoy NE fans coming here all offseason to tell you how great the Pats are because even when the Pats have a terrible game, their just not allowed to lose because they're just that good.

Comment

• feelthepain
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
              Yeah, they sure are... but they never admit it.
              They don't have to.

Comment

• bflojohn
                • Aug 2005

Did anyone wonder why the Chargers didn't take advantage of an Ellis Hobbs injury when he was landed on by Vincent Jackson (another dropped pass, by the way), and a sub had to play on what I remember as a 3rd and 5? The Chargers decided to test Asante Samuels on the other side and the pass attempt was batted away!! To me, this epitomized the stupidity of the Chargers all game long, as that play was at a critical jucture of the contest.... I, too, thought that they should have won, however, we are all going to get treated to another installment of Indy/ NE next Sunday.....Yuck!!

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by bflojohn
                  Did anyone wonder why the Chargers didn't take advantage of an Ellis Hobbs injury when he was landed on by Vincent Jackson (another dropped pass, by the way), and a sub had to play on what I remember as a 3rd and 5? The Chargers decided to test Asante Samuels on the other side and the pass attempt was batted away!! To me, this epitomized the stupidity of the Chargers all game long, as that play was at a critical jucture of the contest.... I, too, thought that they should have won, however, we are all going to get treated to another installment of Indy/ NE next Sunday.....Yuck!!
                  I'm not going to bust on the refs, but Asante had his hand on his jersey most of the way down the field on that play. Plus, on the one personal foul call, the DB for SD jumped in the face of the TE and the TE pushed him. Why was there a penalty on that play?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
                    I'm not going to bust on the refs, but Asante had his hand on his jersey most of the way down the field on that play. Plus, on the one personal foul call, the DB for SD jumped in the face of the TE and the TE pushed him. Why was there a penalty on that play?
                    that call seemed a little suspect to me- I mean, both of them were getting into it. It seemed like one of those situations where you either break it up and let it go or flag both guys. The SD DB was definitely being obnoxious, but I don't think it warranted a flag.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Statman
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                      They dominated this game. The Patriots played like crap and absolutely had no business winning this game.

Fumbling the punt and then trying to pick it up and run with it instead of laying on the ball.

2 personal foul penalties. Challenging the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was idiotic. That had no chance of being reversed. That cost them 45 seconds.

Going for 4th and 11 in the 1st quarter instead of trying for the FG. Playing the prevent defense at the end of the 1st half and letting the Patriots march down the field.

All the penalties that took them out of scoring position or either put New England in scoring position or let the drive go after them missing a 3rd down play and end up scoring out of it.

Shotty should be fired after this game. Chargers have a ton of talent but Marty just can't win the big game. 200 wins in his career and not 1 SB appearance? After this disgusting coaching performance and the lack of discipline on the field by the Chargers today was pathetic. After the 1st or even 2nd stupid penalty or plays by the Chargers Marty should've gotten their head into the game and made heads roll.

The review on the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was a pop warner decision. Even ICE wouldn't have went for that review. They wasted a timeout and 45 much needed seconds at the end of the game which would've put them in FG position to tie the game and send it into overtime.
                      Nicely summed up.
                      Facts speak louder than opinions

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Jesus guys, once again the Patriots win and once again you are all making excuses. Give it a rest, the better team won.

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
                          Jesus guys, once again the Patriots win and once again you are all making excuses. Give it a rest, the better team won.
                          BS...The luckier team won.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            not today.

the more mistake-free team won. The Chargers completely outplayed the Pats but killed themselves with a few key mistakes that they haven't made all year.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              not today.

the more mistake-free team won. The Chargers completely outplayed the Pats but killed themselves with a few key mistakes that they haven't made all year.
                              Sorry Op, I have been hearing "justifications" for the Patriots success for the last six years, it boils down to Belichick and Brady, not penalties and bullshnit.

Comment

Working...
                              X