PDA

View Full Version : Chargers played stupid. They blew the game

BillsFever21
01-14-2007, 07:30 PM
They dominated this game. The Patriots played like crap and absolutely had no business winning this game.

Fumbling the punt and then trying to pick it up and run with it instead of laying on the ball.

2 personal foul penalties. Challenging the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was idiotic. That had no chance of being reversed. That cost them 45 seconds.

Going for 4th and 11 in the 1st quarter instead of trying for the FG. Playing the prevent defense at the end of the 1st half and letting the Patriots march down the field.

All the penalties that took them out of scoring position or either put New England in scoring position or let the drive go after them missing a 3rd down play and end up scoring out of it.

Shotty should be fired after this game. Chargers have a ton of talent but Marty just can't win the big game. 200 wins in his career and not 1 SB appearance? After this disgusting coaching performance and the lack of discipline on the field by the Chargers today was pathetic. After the 1st or even 2nd stupid penalty or plays by the Chargers Marty should've gotten their head into the game and made heads roll.

The review on the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was a pop warner decision. Even ICE wouldn't have went for that review. They wasted a timeout and 45 much needed seconds at the end of the game which would've put them in FG position to tie the game and send it into overtime.

I can't even believe the Colts and Patriots are playing for the SB next week. I hate the Patriots period and I hate Peyton Manning. This is disgusting. Both of these teams played like crap but somehow won their games by the Ravens and Chargers beating themselves.

SABURZFAN
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
that's ok.i put $50 on the Pats Money Line. :$:

feelthepain
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah, poor NE fans, they must be beside themselves with joy knowing that no matter what, every bad situation will go their way...GUARANTEED.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
you didn't even mention that the ****ing fumbled INT was on a 4th ****ing down. All the jackass had to do was knock the ball away but he wanted to pad his stats and ended up costing his ****ing team.

**** him and **** lucky ass NE for basically winning the game on that damn nonsense.

DynaPaul
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Yeah, poor NE fans, they must be beside themselves with joy knowing that no matter what, every bad situation will go their way...GUARANTEED.

Yeah, they sure are... but they never admit it.

feelthepain
01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
you didn't even mention that the ****ing fumbled INT was on a 4th ****ing down. All the jackass had to do was knock the ball away but he wanted to pad his stats and ended up costing his ****ing team.

**** him and **** lucky ass NE for basically winning the game on that damn nonsense.

Yeah, but look at it this way, you get to enjoy NE fans coming here all offseason to tell you how great the Pats are because even when the Pats have a terrible game, their just not allowed to lose because they're just that good.

feelthepain
01-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Yeah, they sure are... but they never admit it.

They don't have to.

bflojohn
01-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Did anyone wonder why the Chargers didn't take advantage of an Ellis Hobbs injury when he was landed on by Vincent Jackson (another dropped pass, by the way), and a sub had to play on what I remember as a 3rd and 5? The Chargers decided to test Asante Samuels on the other side and the pass attempt was batted away!! To me, this epitomized the stupidity of the Chargers all game long, as that play was at a critical jucture of the contest.... I, too, thought that they should have won, however, we are all going to get treated to another installment of Indy/ NE next Sunday.....Yuck!!

chernobylwraiths
01-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Did anyone wonder why the Chargers didn't take advantage of an Ellis Hobbs injury when he was landed on by Vincent Jackson (another dropped pass, by the way), and a sub had to play on what I remember as a 3rd and 5? The Chargers decided to test Asante Samuels on the other side and the pass attempt was batted away!! To me, this epitomized the stupidity of the Chargers all game long, as that play was at a critical jucture of the contest.... I, too, thought that they should have won, however, we are all going to get treated to another installment of Indy/ NE next Sunday.....Yuck!!

I'm not going to bust on the refs, but Asante had his hand on his jersey most of the way down the field on that play. Plus, on the one personal foul call, the DB for SD jumped in the face of the TE and the TE pushed him. Why was there a penalty on that play?

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I'm not going to bust on the refs, but Asante had his hand on his jersey most of the way down the field on that play. Plus, on the one personal foul call, the DB for SD jumped in the face of the TE and the TE pushed him. Why was there a penalty on that play?

that call seemed a little suspect to me- I mean, both of them were getting into it. It seemed like one of those situations where you either break it up and let it go or flag both guys. The SD DB was definitely being obnoxious, but I don't think it warranted a flag.

Statman
01-14-2007, 09:09 PM
They dominated this game. The Patriots played like crap and absolutely had no business winning this game.

Fumbling the punt and then trying to pick it up and run with it instead of laying on the ball.

2 personal foul penalties. Challenging the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was idiotic. That had no chance of being reversed. That cost them 45 seconds.

Going for 4th and 11 in the 1st quarter instead of trying for the FG. Playing the prevent defense at the end of the 1st half and letting the Patriots march down the field.

All the penalties that took them out of scoring position or either put New England in scoring position or let the drive go after them missing a 3rd down play and end up scoring out of it.

Shotty should be fired after this game. Chargers have a ton of talent but Marty just can't win the big game. 200 wins in his career and not 1 SB appearance? After this disgusting coaching performance and the lack of discipline on the field by the Chargers today was pathetic. After the 1st or even 2nd stupid penalty or plays by the Chargers Marty should've gotten their head into the game and made heads roll.

The review on the interception/fumble in the 4th quarter was a pop warner decision. Even ICE wouldn't have went for that review. They wasted a timeout and 45 much needed seconds at the end of the game which would've put them in FG position to tie the game and send it into overtime.

Nicely summed up.

HAMMER
01-14-2007, 09:14 PM
Jesus guys, once again the Patriots win and once again you are all making excuses. Give it a rest, the better team won.

feelthepain
01-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Jesus guys, once again the Patriots win and once again you are all making excuses. Give it a rest, the better team won.

BS...The luckier team won.

OpIv37
01-14-2007, 09:54 PM

not today.

the more mistake-free team won. The Chargers completely outplayed the Pats but killed themselves with a few key mistakes that they haven't made all year.

HAMMER
01-14-2007, 10:08 PM
not today.

the more mistake-free team won. The Chargers completely outplayed the Pats but killed themselves with a few key mistakes that they haven't made all year.

Sorry Op, I have been hearing "justifications" for the Patriots success for the last six years, it boils down to Belichick and Brady, not penalties and bullshnit.

onceproudbillsfan
01-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Sorry Op, I have been hearing "justifications" for the Patriots success for the last six years, it boils down to Belichick and Brady, not penalties and bullshnit.
I have said it before and I will say it again Tom Brady is the most overrated qb in the league. Just because he has three superbowl rings doesnt mean he is one of the best qbs in the league. It is a team game. He doesnt have the accuracy that Peyton Manning has. Now Belichick does deserve credit I hate to say it. He is the best coach this league has seen for some time. If you want to watch a real qb next week watch Peyton Manning. Its his time to win a ring and I think it will happen this year.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-15-2007, 07:27 AM
There is no question New England looked like the team that had been there before and San Diego looked like it was their first time in the playoffs.

mybills
01-15-2007, 08:27 AM
WRONG.

mybills
01-15-2007, 08:28 AM
BS...The luckier team won.
RIGHT.

HAMMER
01-15-2007, 11:23 AM
I have said it before and I will say it again Tom Brady is the most overrated qb in the league. Just because he has three superbowl rings doesnt mean he is one of the best qbs in the league. It is a team game. He doesnt have the accuracy that Peyton Manning has. Now Belichick does deserve credit I hate to say it. He is the best coach this league has seen for some time. If you want to watch a real qb next week watch Peyton Manning. Its his time to win a ring and I think it will happen this year.

Say whatever you want as many times as you want. The facts are undisputable, Brady has won all but one playoff game he has played in. He is absolutely the best big game QB this league has ever seen. Some people just never learn and continue to make excuses because they can't stand seeing a guy succeed. I don't get it. Brady has always conducted himself with professionalism and class, he just wins. But the naysayers all say he is lucky, or it is Belichick. It's just hatin' and it makes the hater look silly.

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Say whatever you want as many times as you want. The facts are undisputable, Brady has won all but one playoff game he has played in. He is absolutely the best big game QB this league has ever seen. Some people just never learn and continue to make excuses because they can't stand seeing a guy succeed. I don't get it. Brady has always conducted himself with professionalism and class, he just wins. But the naysayers all say he is lucky, or it is Belichick. It's just hatin' and it makes the hater look silly.

he had a 57 QB rating and threw three picks yesterday. The Pats won, but to say Brady won that game shows a complete misunderstanding of football. It's a team game- Brady sucked yesterday, but the rest of the Pats and the Chargers' stupid mistakes bailed his sorry ass out.

Obviously this isn't true of all of Brady's playoff wins, but it was certainly true yesterday and it shows he can't be given credit for all the playoff wins.

Some people buy the NFL's and the media's line, other people actually watch the games and look at the numbers.

pats-were-right
01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
he had a 57 QB rating and threw three picks yesterday. The Pats won, but to say Brady won that game shows a complete misunderstanding of football. It's a team game- Brady sucked yesterday, but the rest of the Pats and the Chargers' stupid mistakes bailed his sorry ass out.

Obviously this isn't true of all of Brady's playoff wins, but it was certainly true yesterday and it shows he can't be given credit for all the playoff wins.

Some people buy the NFL's and the media's line, other people actually watch the games and look at the numbers.

But do you completely dismiss the clutch throws he DID have, such as the TD passes and the bomb to Caldwell?

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 11:41 AM
But do you completely dismiss the clutch throws he DID have, such as the TD passes and the bomb to Caldwell?

of course not, but with the mistakes he made, he needed a lot of help from his teammates and a lot of mistakes from the Chargers to be in a position for those plays to affect the outcome of the game. I just don't think it's accurate in any way to give Brady credit for the win yesterday. Credit for making good throws- yes, credit for not getting flustered and overcoming mistakes- yes, but not for the win.

HAMMER
01-15-2007, 11:42 AM

No Op, I have a very good understanding of football, and no where did I say Brady won the Patriots the game yesterday. But it is silly to say he or the Pats are lucky. One big win, maybe some luck involved, but 13-1 in the playoffs, not luck. There is only one number that matters and that is victories. Excuses are for losers, keep making them.

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 11:49 AM
No Op, I have a very good understanding of football, and no where did I say Brady won the Patriots the game yesterday. But it is silly to say he or the Pats are lucky. One big win, maybe some luck involved, but 13-1 in the playoffs, not luck. There is only one number that matters and that is victories. Excuses are for losers, keep making them.

If Brady had those numbers and the Pats lost, everyone would be blaming him. If Losman had those numbers, the fans here would be tearing him to shreds. Brady did not deserve a win for the way he played yesterday and he got one anyway. Oh, and facts are not excuses. The Chargers made key mistakes yesterday that they didn't make all season, and that was why the Pats won.

HAMMER
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
If Brady had those numbers and the Pats lost, everyone would be blaming him. If Losman had those numbers, the fans here would be tearing him to shreds. Brady did not deserve a win for the way he played yesterday and he got one anyway. Oh, and facts are not excuses. The Chargers made key mistakes yesterday that they didn't make all season, and that was why the Pats won.

I understand that you like to argue a lot. I choose to stop as there is only one undisputed fact that can be derived from this, Brady is a winner. 13-1 in the playoffs.

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 12:12 PM
I understand that you like to argue a lot. I choose to stop as there is only one undisputed fact that can be derived from this, Brady is a winner. 13-1 in the playoffs.

that's undisputed? I think there's 46 other guys and a slew of coaches on the patriots who might disagree. The Pats are 13-1 in the playoffs- football isn't basketball and Brady isn't Michael Jordan. He didn't do it himself.

EricStratton
01-15-2007, 12:17 PM
that call seemed a little suspect to me- I mean, both of them were getting into it. It seemed like one of those situations where you either break it up and let it go or flag both guys. The SD DB was definitely being obnoxious, but I don't think it warranted a flag.

When the DB came up he hit the TE with his helmet (I watched it about 8 times on the DVR to be sure). It almost looked like an intentional head-butt which is why it was called.

The dumb thing is the two players had nothing to do with each other on the play in question before that.

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 01:39 PM
When the DB came up he hit the TE with his helmet (I watched it about 8 times on the DVR to be sure). It almost looked like an intentional head-butt which is why it was called.

The dumb thing is the two players had nothing to do with each other on the play in question before that.

if that was the case, then it was the right call- you can't flag the Pats player for pushing the guy away when the guy hit him in the head. The way I saw it, it was hard to tell if the SD guy actually headbutted the Pats guy or if he was just shaking his head while taunting.

Ickybaluky
01-15-2007, 02:03 PM
It is hard for me to believe, but I agree with Op about Brady. As much as it was a clutch throw he made on the bomb on the last drive, he would never been in position to do that with the way he played overall. It was one of his worst games in the playoffs, with some uncharacteristic mistakes and some throws where he just plain missed guys. He got bailed out by the play of his defense, which came up with some big 3rd down plays to stop SD, and the Chargers' own stupid errors. About the only thing I can offer as a defense for Brady is the whole game was on his shoulders and the lack of a real go-to WR to make the Chargers regret playing press coverage (which is the way to play the Pats). That said, he didn't have a great game and was bailed out.

The Chargers were in position all game to put the Pats away, but they let them hang around thanks to some dropped passes, stupid personal fouls and some questionable decisions. In the end, they had several chances to ice that game, but they didn't get it done and they have themselves to blame.

I also am not going to defend Ellis Hobbs actions at the end of the game. I thought LT was absolutely right, and Hobbs is immature. Hobbs hasn't had a great season, getting benched for a few games and getting picked on by teams at times. He has talent, but he really needs to shut his mouth. However, unlike some, I'm not ready to paint the entire team with that brush. Every team has a few immature players who need to shut up, even SD with guys like Drayton Florence, who was shooting his mouth off when they beat the Pats in NE a couple years ago.

LT is a class act, though, and I love watching him play.

Bling
01-15-2007, 02:08 PM

Usually I agree and admit the Pats won, because they do. This game was just undisciplined stupidity out of the Chargers.

mybills
01-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Now THIS is a real fan, HAMMER. He actually knows what he's talking about.

It is hard for me to believe, but I agree with Op about Brady. As much as it was a clutch throw he made on the bomb on the last drive, he would never been in position to do that with the way he played overall. It was one of his worst games in the playoffs, with some uncharacteristic mistakes and some throws where he just plain missed guys. He got bailed out by the play of his defense, which came up with some big 3rd down plays to stop SD, and the Chargers' own stupid errors. About the only thing I can offer as a defense for Brady is the whole game was on his shoulders and the lack of a real go-to WR to make the Chargers regret playing press coverage (which is the way to play the Pats). That said, he didn't have a great game and was bailed out.

The Chargers were in position all game to put the Pats away, but they let them hang around thanks to some dropped passes, stupid personal fouls and some questionable decisions. In the end, they had several chances to ice that game, but they didn't get it done and they have themselves to blame.

I also am not going to defend Ellis Hobbs actions at the end of the game. I thought LT was absolutely right, and Hobbs is immature. Hobbs hasn't had a great season, getting benched for a few games and getting picked on by teams at times. He has talent, but he really needs to shut his mouth. However, unlike some, I'm not ready to paint the entire team with that brush. Every team has a few immature players who need to shut up, even SD with guys like Drayton Florence, who was shooting his mouth off when they beat the Pats in NE a couple years ago.

LT is a class act, though, and I love watching him play.

I agree 100% If I were a Pats fan, I'd be glad for the "W" but in no way would I be proud of how they played. That was embarrassingly crappy.

HAMMER
01-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Never mind, NE sucks, Brady sucks, Belichick sucks, you are all completely correct in everything you say in this thread. I clearly have no knowledge of football or what a great team looks like. I am heartfully sorry for arguing with you haters.

bledslow
01-16-2007, 12:55 AM

I can't even believe the Colts and Patriots are playing for the SB next week. I hate the Patriots period and I hate Peyton Manning. This is disgusting. Both of these teams played like crap but somehow won their games by the Ravens and Chargers beating themselves.

I wouldn't go that far,the pats made quite a few nice plays in that game--

Brady played a terrible game,he was missing guys that were WIDE open in that game left and right(gaffney should of ended up with 15-17 catches,and caldwell with over 10) with horrible throws,and other times,guys were open and brady never seen them,and threw into double coverage instead.

One point,watson was open by 5 yards and could have moon-walked into the endzone,brady threw at his foot. I say that the pats left 2-3 td's on the field that game because of toms defense reading was poor,guys were open everywhere and should have scored 40+ ponts.---That huge D_o_u_c_h_e merriman did jack c_hit(most likely because the last few effects of his nandrolone are leaving his body/blood/veins)

pats hurt themselves just as much as diego hurt themselves.