PDA

View Full Version : Shotty Could be out In SD

Bmax
01-14-2007, 11:39 PM
And guess who could be the new Head coach.... ? Bubba.... Wade Phillips......Wow....

Cameron the Off coord .. could also be considered..... Shotty has lost six playoff games in a row......

This according to the NFL Network

Bmax

cocamide
01-14-2007, 11:59 PM
Well, we knew these talks would come if he lost. Hopefully he doesn't go to Miami if he is released. For as bad as he is in the playoffs, his regular seasons are pretty impressive.

Mitchy moo
01-15-2007, 06:37 AM
He's a choke job through and through.

Saratoga Slim
01-15-2007, 08:25 AM
He's a choke job through and through.

I don't think you can blame yesterday on Shottenheimer. They turned the ball over 4 times. eventually the Pats are going to capitalize on that.

RockStar36
01-15-2007, 08:27 AM
The Pats kept turning the ball over too. He's a bad big game coach.

Saratoga Slim
01-15-2007, 08:29 AM
The Pats kept turning the ball over too. He's a bad big game coach.

OK, I agree. I was only half-heartedly going to bat for him.

Night Train
01-15-2007, 08:30 AM
A.J. Smith needed an excuse to fire the guy he doesn't like. The owner believed he had a SB team.

I seriously doubt Marty will be back. 5-13 in the playoffs. 9 times one and done. No playoff win since 1993. Too many negatives

patmoran2006
01-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I don't think you can blame yesterday on Shottenheimer. They turned the ball over 4 times. eventually the Pats are going to capitalize on that.
How about the STUPID decision to challenge a play and waste a time out in the fourth quarter that costed them a timeout that they NEEDED in the final minute?

or another timeout on a play immediately AFTER a Patriot was injured because they couldn't get a good play in.

He didnt use LT enough in the fourth quarter-- and maybe he's just truly cursed.

Regardless- there is no excuse to lose that game, they were clearly the better team. When you go 14-2 and literally BLOW a playoff game at home, someone has to answer.

BILLSROCK1212
01-15-2007, 09:25 AM
i honestly dont believe that this is Marty's fault and i feel bad for him.....he has lost countless playoff games on missed FGs by his kickers if his kickers make those FGs he could've already won a Super Bowl

RockStar36
01-15-2007, 09:29 AM
The challenge was a horrible call, especially in the second half when timeouts are that important. I also remember him passing up a 48 (I think) yard field goal to go for it on 4th and 11. What a stupid decision.

BILLSROCK1212
01-15-2007, 10:23 AM
The challenge was a horrible call, especially in the second half when timeouts are that important. I also remember him passing up a 48 (I think) yard field goal to go for it on 4th and 11. What a stupid decision.he did it cas he'd be kicking into the wind

HHURRICANE
01-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Shottenheimer needs to be fired. I think he's like Dan Reeves where he'll get you to a certain level but can't take you all the way. He coaches scared. Also, do they not practice the 2 minute drill? 70 seconds and Rivers is yelling at the sidelines for plays. INSANE!!

PECKERWOOD
01-15-2007, 11:20 AM
What a choker.. I honestly feel really bad for Marty, I think he is a great coach. If he were to win a SB before his career was over, he would be compared to the likes of Bill Cowher. He did a good job by letting his coordinators call the plays, but his decision to challenge the fumble late in the game was a very bad move. If the Chargers were to have had that timeout later on, I feel that they would have beaten New England.

ublinkwescore
01-15-2007, 01:52 PM
All I know is that if the Pats are the AFC representative, I'm going for the Saints or Bears...

YardRat
01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I got a kick at the commentators for the game pointing out early on that Marty didn't wear a headset on the sideline because 'he didn't want to interfere with the calls from the coordinators', yet in the fourth quarter when the game got tied up there was ol' Marty sportin' the earphones yelling and screaming. :D

Maybe he should have left them off.

DynaPaul
01-15-2007, 04:54 PM
I heard Pete Carroll may be enticed to take the Chargers job.

!Papacrunk!
01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
It's something else--Schottenheimer has such an excellent regular season record, but a piss poor play off record. It boggles the mind.