PDA

View Full Version : Cory Redding

ZacGriffi~82
01-15-2007, 02:04 AM
For Love of the Game
Any coach would love to have 11 Cory Reddings on each side of the football to play each snap. That is how much he loves the game of football and how much he fights until the whistle is blown.
How else do you explain a player who is fighting each down as though he is fighting for a Super Bowl title?
“I just love this game,” said Redding. “You take this away from me and you’re taking my child away from me. It’s my heart. This is what I worked all my life for. God’s blessed me with a lot of ability, a lot of talent, I’m just using this to the max every game. For me not to do it I’m cheating myself and cheating everybody.”
Redding has always possessed this fire, but this season’s unfortunate injury situation allowed it to surface in a position in which he can thrive. Moving forward, Redding can be an important piece to the Detroit Lions puzzle, but they will first have to re-sign him.
Now entering his fifth year, Redding is an unrestricted free agent.
“(He is responsible in) every way,” said Marinelli. “In how he practices, accountability, leadership (and) guys wanted him to be a captain for a reason. He’s not had a bad game in terms of energy (or) effort this year. Every time he’s been out there he’s been productive and tough and that’s really a positive. Making that move from end to a three technique was really special.”
At the end-of-the-year press conference, Marinelli expressed his desire to get Redding back in a Lions’ uniform next season. Fans will just have to wait and see if that wish comes true.
“I just try to leave it out there on the field every single snap,” said Redding. “That’s how I get up for the game because I love this too much. I love it too much not to.”

http://www.detroitlions.com/document_display.cfm?document_id=454239
---

This guy would be an amazing pick up for us. He fits our system perfectly and is one of those high character guys.

ParanoidAndroid
01-15-2007, 09:21 AM
If McCargo can put on a little bulk and play opposite, Redding and Tripplett would be lights out. Redding had 8 sacks as a DT. If Detroit doesn't resign him or someone doesn't pick him up to play end in a 3-4, I'll be surprised.

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2007, 10:48 AM
Redding is a backup, at best.

ZacGriffi~82
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Backup with 8 sacks this year that was the Lions MVP?

DraftBoy
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Would be a great DT pickup in FA

Forward_Lateral
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Backup with 8 sacks this year that was the Lions MVP?

Yes. Backup. A career backup with a crappy Detroit team, until this year due to Rogers' suspsension and Wilkinson's departure. Redding is as undersized as the other Bills' D-tackles, and would not upgrade anything. It would be a pointless signing, IMO.

Mahdi
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Cory Redding is a very similar player to Hargrove. There would be no point in that signing. We need a Tommie Harris type player to stuff the run for us, 300 pounds and fast.