PDA

View Full Version : Random Things

patmoran2006
01-15-2007, 08:27 AM
* I don't care how much we hate him or we're sick of him-- You can NOT give a winner like Tom Brady that many chances to win a playoff game or he's going to kill you. Early in the 4th quarter yesterday as I watched the game with my wife (she's pretty cool like that) I told her.. "This has a Jim Kelly game written all over it". What I meant by that for slightly older Bills fans is that many many times Jimbo would have the kind of game where he would stink up the field. He'd throw all kinds of ugly interceptions, take sacks and basically look like he was still drunk from the night before. However, a team wouldn't put Buffalo away and in the fourth quarter Jimmy would lead the Bills for that 1-2 drives that would give them the win. Its exactly what Brady did. Forget the stats, the last two drives are just further proof of what a winner he really is.

* This is what my beef was with Losman early in the season. SOME of you guys base so much on a QB on what his statline reads. That doesnt mean ****; its about wins and losses. EArly in the season, Losman might have been putting up some numbers but he did NOTHING to put his team in a position to win the game when the opportunity arose. Fortunately for Buffalo, as the sesaon went on he began to mature (ALOT) and started playing like a WINNING quarterback.. That is what excites me about the future for Buffalo with Losman under center, not the stats.

* LT was fuming after the game, and I dont blame him. He's not only the best player in football, period-- but he's one of the classiest. He's the Barry Sanders/Jerry Rice of this generation. I feel ready bad for him because there is no way they shoulda lost the game.

* Write this down- Indy will beat New England this week. THe Patriots have been fortunate twice this playoffs and Manning is due to have a big game.

* I dont feel like writing out his last name, so we'll call the SD coach "Marty". This guy just can't win a big game and if your a SD fan, he NEEDS to go immediately. He deserves some credit- he's very good at taking an average team and making them better. He's a good teacher, he's likable. he can get you to the playoffs. But with him as a coach thats as far as he'll ever take a team. Throwing that challenge flag to waste a timeout and burning ANOTHER TIMEOUT after a NE Player was already injured cause he couldn't decide on a play IMO is what costed SD the game. He didnt stick with LT near enough in critical stages of the game, desperate perhaps to shed his "Martyball" image. I feel really bad for SD fans because they were CLEARLY the better team than New England.

*Unfortunately, I think Jauron is the same way.

* I really hope the Saints beat Chicago, I wanted Seattle to win yesterday.

* Super Bowl Prediction: Indy vs Chicago (though I"ll be rooting for NEw Orleans almost as much as if the Bills were playing)

ghz in pittsburgh
01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm surprised you didn't see Losman the way you see him now. Throughout his career in college, he has always been about make that play to put his team in the position to win. For God sakes, he has that capability.

The problem he has had is that he wanted to play that way the whole game (and a few other things like adjusting to NFL caliber defenses and players). Only now he started to understand winning is a not one play's make, or more specifically a touchdown is not one play's make. He's getting a taste of managing a sequence of plays in pressure situations and getting results. I fully expect he takes that approach to an entire game next year.

As far as Jauron, I think he's on an upswing as well. The way he handles Losman this season is very different from what he did in Chicago.