PDA

View Full Version : Darius Walker

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I saw that he declared- does anyone actually think he's a good pro prospect?

Now don't get me wrong- he was excellent for ND this year. But college D's aren't as strong or as fast as NFL D's. Darius lacks the strength to move the pile- he's a "scat back" type who lacks the elusiveness of guys like Reggie Bush, Barry Sanders, etc. He's better than Shaud Williams, but he seems to be that type of player. It's hard to imagine him as an every-down back. If he is used that way, he won't make it til 28.

DraftBoy
01-15-2007, 11:42 AM
I dont think he's any kind of a real starter for any team, could be a good 3rd down back, but hasnt really shown the ability to be a good all around back.

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 11:46 AM
I dont think he's any kind of a real starter for any team, could be a good 3rd down back, but hasnt really shown the ability to be a good all around back.

my thoughts exactly- that's why I was surprised he declared. His draft stock could only go up if he had a strong senior season, and since he's already slated to be a role player, I don't think it could have decreased much if he didn't play all that well.

Oh, well, what's done is done- but I definitely don't expect him to do much in the NFL.

At least ND has Munir Prince behind him- I think he'll be just as good for the Irish.

BILLSROCK1212
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
it really doesnt make sense to me that he declared but he should end up as a decent third down back in the NFL

DraftBoy
01-15-2007, 12:45 PM
It makes perfect sense for him to declare, he has 3,000 rushing yards for his career, and we go into next year with a new QB (I pray its Claussen), and no real proven WRs. His stats were likely to fall some, he had proven all he could imo.

Op if you think Prince is the answer, wait till you see them give James Aldridge a real shot, top 10 RB recruit from last year, 5 star prospect. Could be an amazing 2 backs we got.

BILLSROCK1212
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
It makes perfect sense for him to declare, he has 3,000 rushing yards for his career, and we go into next year with a new QB (I pray its Claussen), and no real proven WRs. His stats were likely to fall some, he had proven all he could imo.

Op if you think Prince is the answer, wait till you see them give James Aldridge a real shot, top 10 RB recruit from last year, 5 star prospect. Could be an amazing 2 backs we got.well he has decent speed and a little below average height and average weight....i could see him being a sleeper but he wont be the biggest sleeper, i like Jon Cornish a lot, his draft status will depend a lot on what he runs in the 40 yard dash........this RB draft class is pretty deep with a couple players who declared early who if they waited until next year would be 1st round picks like Peterson and Russell among others

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-16-2007, 09:36 AM
No, I don't see anything special from Walker. He doesn't run good in traffic, he hardly ever breaks a tackle, he has average hands, and I just don't see him as anything special in the NFL. He will stick around for a few years and be gone.

Earthquake Enyart
01-16-2007, 10:11 AM
He's not particularly fast either.

I think he made a mistake coming out, however there is a freshman behind him that would have pushed him out if he didn't get hurt. I don't remember the kid's name. :ill:

DraftBoy
01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
He's not particularly fast either.

I think he made a mistake coming out, however there is a freshman behind him that would have pushed him out if he didn't get hurt. I don't remember the kid's name. :ill:

Aldridge and Ali

Earthquake Enyart
01-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Aldridge is the kid I was thinking of. I think he's going to be pretty good.

DraftBoy
01-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Aldridge is the kid I was thinking of. I think he's going to be pretty good.

Should be, 5 star recruit this past year

Kerr
01-16-2007, 10:39 AM
I think he'll be good.