PDA

View Full Version : It seems Strahan didn't like that $15.3 Million judgement, he let her know in person

Mitchy moo
01-15-2007, 08:14 PM
What kind of lawyer writes a pre-nup for half of what he is worth?? I mean do you need a lawyer for that?? Just get married cupcake and she'll get half when you are done, save the lawyer bill. :oops:

MONTCLAIR, N.J. (AP) -- Police were called to the former house of Michael Strahan over a dispute between the New York Giants (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyg/)' defensive end and his ex-wife.
Police Lt. James Carlucci said Monday police responded to a call at the northern New Jersey home on Sunday that stemmed from a dispute over child custody. No arrests were made. Last week, Strahan was ordered to pay his ex-wife $15.3 million, or more than half his net worth, in keeping with their prenuptial agreement. She also was awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars in child support.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-strahandispute&prov=ap&type=lgns

BillsFever21
01-15-2007, 08:37 PM
I like this statement

"I never asked for a penny more than the prenup that Michael and his lawyers wrote and made me sign. And all I ever asked for was that to be upheld."

Isn't that nice of her. Never asked for a penny more then the 15.3 million.

If I ever had the money these guys do I would make them sign a prenup stating they're not getting crap if we get divorced unless I wanna give it to them.

These gold diggers get all this money for nothing. I wish I could marry a rich ***** and get 15.3 million from her.

OpIv37
01-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Opie and Anthony were just talking about this on the XM replay.

Absolutely ridiculous. She got twice as much out of it as he did, and HE'S THE ONE THAT MADE ALL THE MONEY.

Don't get me wrong- she should get something and she should be able to live comfortably, but getting 2/3 of the money that she earned NONE of is just pure insanity.

chernobylwraiths
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
He's an ass and I don't feel sorry for him. Especially if she is right and it was the prenup that HIS lawyers drew up. Sure there are gold diggers out there, but these idiots should know that too. Hell, Willis impregnated three of them but he's too stupid to wrap it up.

camelcowboy
01-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Shes taking him to the cleaners, whether its him or Paul McCarthy how can you not get a prenup. Thats why i hope that guy who married Jessica Simpson, and Ryan Fillipe? who married Reese Witherspoon i hope they take their x-wives to the cleaners.

TacklingDummy
01-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Shes's getting 50%, the IRS is getting around 33%, Mike gets to keep his 17%.

Mike is getting screwed.

BillsFever21
01-15-2007, 09:22 PM
I bet Mike isn't gonna be retiring anytime soon now. He'll be playing as long as their is somebody who will pay him.

DynaPaul
01-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Why on Earth someone would sign a pre-nup giving away half their worth as well as 20% of what they make every year is beyond me. Obviously, Strahan is a numbskull plus, wouldn't you know it, she's a white chick too.

Tatonka
01-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Shes's getting 50%, the IRS is getting around 33%, Mike gets to keep his 17%.

Mike is getting screwed.

the irs is probably getting a lot more than 33 percent.. us normal scrubs lose that much.. when you make that many millions.. they hit you harder.

Ingtar33
01-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Why on Earth someone would sign a pre-nup giving away half their worth as well as 20% of what they make every year is beyond me. Obviously, Strahan is a numbskull plus, wouldn't you know it, she's a white chick too.

Bingo.

15.3million... dear god.

In all reality, i bet he had one of his "boys" write it up, and his "boy" was likely a law school dropout who knew how to "hang", that's what you get when you let business and personal intermingle.

The sad thing is, how many pro-sports athletes get taken to the cleaners by their own boys/relatives/women, all because they have no one around them, in their lives whom they can trust.

From a young age, when they start showing immense physical gifts, everyone around them starts to cling on for the ride (often while they were in HS), before they had anything, and these guys are too young to know it's for the $ and not the friendship.

After all, you can trust a friend how was with you before your first mil, right? Sadly, these guys get taken to the cleaners by their boys who knew them before the first mil... after all, you can't be betrayed without trusting "Brutus" first.

Mitchy moo
01-16-2007, 06:57 AM
I like this statement

"I never asked for a penny more than the prenup that Michael and his lawyers wrote and made me sign. And all I ever asked for was that to be upheld."

Isn't that nice of her. Never asked for a penny more then the 15.3 million.

If I ever had the money these guys do I would make them sign a prenup stating they're not getting crap if we get divorced unless I wanna give it to them.

These gold diggers get all this money for nothing. I wish I could marry a rich ***** and get 15.3 million from her.

she's available:

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/0427.jpg

Statman
01-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Naturally, lost in the discussion is any debate over the meaning of marriage.

Marriage has been reduced to a formal dating arrangement in our society.

These things wouldn't happen if people could manage to stay married. It's funny and ironic how what used to be used to "correct mistakes" has now become the rule.

Statman
01-16-2007, 07:23 AM
PS Strahan is going to have difficulty living on his half?

Ultra Chimp 1
01-16-2007, 10:15 AM
the irs is probably getting a lot more than 33 percent.. us normal scrubs lose that much.. when you make that many millions.. they hit you harder.

The more you make, the less you get hit actually.

Mitchy moo
01-16-2007, 10:21 AM
The more you make, the less you get hit actually.

I assure you they take alot bigger chunks percentage wise when you make more.

Ultra Chimp 1
01-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I assure you they take alot bigger chunks percentage wise when you make more.

Really? IRS statistics on income says your wrong.

Check out the report released by the IRS in 2003. It was the first time the agency had a public analyisis of the tax return filed by the 400 richest Americans. The years they were filed were between 1992 and 2000.

Just the minimumm to make the top increased from 24.4 million to 86.6 million. 21 taxpayers made the list. 2,200 hundred names appeared on the 3,600 tax returns analyzed. In 2000, the top 400 recieved 1.1 per cent of all the income in America. That was double their 0.5 per cent share in 1992.

It was also found on average, their income was 174 million, four times the 46.8 million average in 1992. And their share of federal income taxes fell. They only paid 22.2 cents on the dollar in income taxes in 2000. That was actually DOWN from 26 per cent in 1992. And the tax rate had increased by 13 cents overall in 1992.

While Americans were enduring a federal income tax rise of 18 per cent, the burden fell by 16 per cent for the top 400.

don137
01-16-2007, 10:53 AM
Really? IRS statistics on income says your wrong.

Check out the report released by the IRS in 2003. It was the first time the agency had a public analyisis of the tax return filed by the 400 richest Americans. The years they were filed were between 1992 and 2000.

Just the minimumm to make the top increased from 24.4 million to 86.6 million. 21 taxpayers made the list. 2,200 hundred names appeared on the 3,600 tax returns analyzed. In 2000, the top 400 recieved 1.1 per cent of all the income in America. That was double their 0.5 per cent share in 1992.

It was also found on average, their income was 174 million, four times the 46.8 million average in 1992. And their share of federal income taxes fell. They only paid 22.2 cents on the dollar in income taxes in 2000. That was actually DOWN from 26 per cent in 1992. And the tax rate had increased by 13 cents overall in 1992.

While Americans were enduring a federal income tax rise of 18 per cent, the burden fell by 16 per cent for the top 400.

I gurantee Strahan is not in the top 400. Trust me the people at the top pay the most in taxes dollar wise. They work the system but they still pay plenty of taxes.

I blame the lawyers for Strahan they are the schmucks that drew up a bad prenup. Yes, she did not earn the money but name one person that if they were in her shoes do any different.

Why would they owe so much in taxes? They would only owe if they sold there assets and had a capital gains, correct? His assets were over 30 million, not his capital gains. I never got divorced and I am not an accountant but I can see them only paying taxes on things they sold and had a capital gains on.

Ultra Chimp 1
01-16-2007, 10:59 AM
I gurantee Strahan is not in the top 400. Trust me the people at the top pay the most in taxes dollar wise. They work the system but they still pay plenty of taxes.

I blame the lawyers for Strahan they are the schmucks that drew up a bad prenup. Yes, she did not earn the money but name one person that if they were in her shoes do any different.

Why would they owe so much in taxes? They would only owe if they sold there assets and had a capital gains, correct? His assets were over 30 million, not his capital gains. I never got divorced and I am not an accountant but I can see them only paying taxes on things they sold and had a capital gains on.
I know Strahan isnt in the top 400. But that wasn't the point. My point was the more you make, the less you get taxed.

And the rich don't pay more taxes. And I dont trust you on your word because your rhetoric does not match the facts.

Maybe, and I mean maybe, they pay more on income tax, but if you add up SS taxes, gasoline taxes, liquor taxes, sales tax etc. They probably don't even come close to the rest of America.

don137
01-16-2007, 03:32 PM
I know Strahan isnt in the top 400. But that wasn't the point. My point was the more you make, the less you get taxed.

And the rich don't pay more taxes. And I dont trust you on your word because your rhetoric does not match the facts.

Maybe, and I mean maybe, they pay more on income tax, but if you add up SS taxes, gasoline taxes, liquor taxes, sales tax etc. They probably don't even come close to the rest of America.

Wow, are you skewed in your thinking...Of course most of America pays more in SS, gasoline tax, liquor tax etc. That is because that is the highest group of the population. Not exactly rocket science. The government generates by far more in income tax than any other tax. The top 5% of earners pay more than half of the nations income tax. That is a fact. Go look it up if you are not sure.
Just because you make more does not automatically mean you get taxed less. People do things to get a tax write off to bring there taxes down. The way you talk you make it sound like your tax bracket goes down the more you make.

Just for the record I am no where near the top 5% of income earners. I am thrown in the "rest of America" pool but you are not telling the complete story.

Michael82
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
:lolpoint: Strahan

TacklingDummy
01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
PS Strahan is going to have difficulty living on his half?

He doesn't really get half. Taxes and child support will come out of his half.

HHURRICANE
01-16-2007, 04:48 PM
People make mistakes and I do believe that marriage is taken way too lightly. However, Strahan doesn't deserve this kind of ****ing. Nobody does. Blame NY State and their insane laws. Your telling me a judge doesn't know what's fair? This would never happen in Georgia. This is exactly why all of the good jobs that my company provides aren't in Buffalo. No way in hell am I going to deal with NY State.

TacklingDummy
01-16-2007, 05:10 PM
NY is tough when it comes to divorce with kids involved. The man is going to pay.