PDA

View Full Version : NE-Indy

Ingtar33
01-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I'd like to say i would be able to break this one down in an interesting and insightful way. However, after half a decade of watching the patriots win in one inconceivable way after another, i find myself completely unable to break this game down, as i fear i already know how it will work.

Indy down by 2, with 4 seconds on the clock, and Vinatieri lines up to win the game with a 42 yard field goal, after a last second heroic drive into field goal position by Payton Manning.

And by the grace of god, he will shank it. i know he will. It's one of those things you can see coming a mile away, you know it's coming. Clutch kick after clutch kick made, and he finally shanks one.

NE goes on to win it's 4th Superbowl in 6 years, going down as one of the all time great dynasties in Superbowl history with one of the weakest superbowl winning squads in our lifetime.

You know, my hatred of the fins is nearly legendary, but I've come to dread hearing about the Patriots in much the same way a POW must dread the sound of his tormentor's voices down the hall. the Pavlovian response grows, i flinch just thinking about this team, my mind goes numb watching them play, or even hearing the team name, and i find myself having neurotic dark fantasies of new tortures for the Patriots to subject me as a football fan to.

I admit it. I'm already sick to the stomach, and might not watch the AFC championship game. and if the patriots end up in the superbowl, i will not watch it, my first missed superbowl since 1986... just to avoid seeing that goofy smile on Marsha's face, and BB with that smug forced smile of his, while the commentators wax poetic about the superfluous superiority and genius of them both.

I don't think i could handle that again.

Devin
01-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I'd like to say i would be able to break this one down in an interesting and insightful way. However, after half a decade of watching the patriots win in one inconceivable way after another, i find myself completely unable to break this game down, as i fear i already know how it will work.

Indy down by 2, with 4 seconds on the clock, and Vinatieri lines up to win the game with a 42 yard field goal, after a last second heroic drive into field goal position by Payton Manning.

And by the grace of god, he will shank it. i know he will. It's one of those things you can see coming a mile away, you know it's coming. Clutch kick after clutch kick made, and he finally shanks one.

NE goes on to win it's 4th Superbowl in 6 years, going down as one of the all time great dynasties in Superbowl history with one of the weakest superbowl winning squads in our lifetime.

You know, my hatred of the fins is nearly legendary, but I've come to dread hearing about the Patriots in much the same way a POW must dread the sound of his tormentor's voices down the hall. the Pavlovian response grows, and i find myself having neurotic dark fantasies of new tortures for the Patriots to subject me as a football fan to.

I admit it. I'm already sick to the stomach, and might not watch the AFC championship game. and if the patriots end up in the superbowl, i will not watch it, my first missed superbowl since 1986... just to avoid seeing that goofy smile on Marsha's face, and BB with that smug forced smile of his, while the commentators wax poetic about the superfluous superiority and genius of them both.

Brother you aint kidding.

My hatred for the fins is unrivaled by any other team but the Patriots are a close second. Each game he plays I hope to see Brady executed on the 50 yard line in front of millions of people.

I will be hoping against hope the Saints pull it out this year.

Philagape
01-16-2007, 12:49 AM
I hate the Pats more. The Fins are fun to hate because they're pathetic *****es. But the Pats provoke a burning revulsion. Pure disgust.

hammerbillsfan
01-16-2007, 01:43 AM
:monkeyp: Pats

I hate that ****ing team. :fit:

Historian
01-16-2007, 03:42 AM

I agree with your post, Ingtar, except for that one little statement.

Part of the reason they're so successful, is because they're not still running Antowain Smith....or defending the pass with Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law. This team is strong because no one man is more important than the team.

Once a guy wants too much money, he's gone. Even if it's a player in his prime. And somehow, they just keep finding younger guys to fill the positions. Young guys, who buy into the system, and excel in playing in it. They even lose coordinators, and they don't miss a beat.

As much as it pains me to say it...you have to almost admire it.

Whomever it is running their scouting system, they deserve a raise.

And if the patriots end up in the superbowl, i will not watch it, my first missed superbowl since 1986...

Ironically, the Patriots first-ever SB appearance, when they were dismantled by the Bears. Let's hope history can repeat itself.

Earthquake Enyart
01-16-2007, 10:01 AM
The Pats are going down because, for once, the game is indoors.

Indy will stomp them and cover easily.

raphael120
01-16-2007, 10:53 AM
And when the Colts win I want Tony Dungy to go up to Bellichek and give him a big bear hug and do the waltz with him on the Colts logo on the 50 yard line.

Night Train
01-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Keeping it simple.

I believe the Colts win this game.

RockStar36
01-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Pats should win. Manning chokes in the playoffs. Brady doesn't.

RedEyE
01-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Seems to me that the Chargers and Colts choke every single year for the last 1/2 of decade. The NFC can't compete against the AFC. This has another Patriots Championship written all over it.

Although, it would definitly be poetic justice if Viniterri beat his old team with a game winning FG.

Earthquake Enyart
01-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Goober is gonna come up big. :up:

OpIv37
01-16-2007, 02:12 PM

I don't think so- Maroney will shred the Colts' D and Brady will have his usual mediocre yardage with 2 TD's, but that will be enough.

DynaPaul
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Part of the reason they're so successful, is because they're not still running Antowain Smith....or defending the pass with Lawyer Milloy and Ty Law. This team is strong because no one man is more important than the team.

Once a guy wants too much money, he's gone.

This is what's referred to in a Capitalist Society as "sweatshop".

Mr. Miyagi
01-16-2007, 04:34 PM

You know, my hatred of the fins is nearly legendary, but I've come to dread hearing about the Patriots in much the same way a POW must dread the sound of his tormentor's voices down the hall. the Pavlovian response grows, i flinch just thinking about this team, my mind goes numb watching them play, or even hearing the team name, and i find myself having neurotic dark fantasies of new tortures for the Patriots to subject me as a football fan to.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Best. Post. Ever.

:bf1:

Kerr
01-16-2007, 05:17 PM
The way the colts defense has been playing the last two weeks, especially run defense, I think they'll give brady and co. some trouble.

Hopefully the colts can end the patriots. Tony Dungy is a good guy. He deserves the trip to Miami.

Mr. Cynical
01-16-2007, 07:49 PM

Agreed. Let's just keep our fingers and toes (and whatever else you can cross) crossed that this doesn't happen.

:bf1:

F*** THE PATS.

Ickybaluky
01-16-2007, 08:28 PM

Not for nothing, but since Brady took over the Pats have never lost a dome game. They have only lost once on turf in that time (2003 opener, the"Milloy game" in Buffalo). If you look at Brady's career numbers on turf, they are on par with Peyton Manning.

That said, the Colts offense has been very effective against the Pats in recent meetings. I expect Brady to bounce back after a sub-par outing and play very well. I expect the Colts to score some points, too. I think it will be a high-scoring, whoever-has-the-ball-last kind of game.

TigerJ
01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Pats should win. Manning chokes in the playoffs. Brady doesn't.

Until this year Manning has been choking. With two playoff wins under his belt, I'm hoping he has gotten it turned around. I cant stand the thought of the Patriots in the big game again.

kinigirly
01-16-2007, 10:13 PM
i am so far from hopeful for this game. manning hasn't impressed me at all both towards the end of regular season and playoffs. defense has been more productive lately which is a change. despite pretty much knowing what the outcome will be, i will still end up sitting in a corner after the game hating life

Dozerdog
01-16-2007, 11:37 PM
i am so far from hopeful for this game. manning hasn't impressed me at all both towards the end of regular season and playoffs. defense has been more productive lately which is a change. despite pretty much knowing what the outcome will be, i will still end up sitting in a corner after the game hating lifeYou are a very dark person :scared:

mybills
01-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Actually, The Colts started falling apart a while ago (as usual)
BUT
They got their chit together recently, and even their defense that we haven't seen all year is showing up now. I can taste a victory for Peyton.

What I don't get is...

I'm in NE, why can't I have the kind of luck the Pats have. :mad: