X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Sabres can't afford to stand pat again

In terms of player procurement and payroll manipulation, the Buffalo Sabres have done almost everything right this season.
    And still they haven't done enough.

• SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: Sabres can't afford to stand pat again

This article doesn't say much that us Sabres fans don't know.

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

we can't afford to get rid of Biron though unless we replace him with another solid backup.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

We don't have a glaring need that we have to trade Biron for.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I wouldn't mind adding 1 more tough guy defenseman.(older vet with low salary)

We are set at forward.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

With our depth at forward (Paille, Stafford) I wouldn't mind unloading Kotalik for a D-man. Defense has been one of the reasons we've been playing poorly lately. Against Boston there were so many open men and open lanes, and they have trouble clearing the zone. With another defenseman, we can bench whoever needs benching, and injury insurance has been badly needed this season and last.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

GR has been talking about this. They think trading Kotalik is the best option for one of maybe two guys that are UFA after the season but have about the same cap hit. Gary Roberts and Bill Guerin. They also mentioned Knuble but I don't know if Philly would trade him. I would love to have Guerin on the team. Big tough player who can still score and isn't as old as Roberts.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                • Dec 2002

we dont have the cap room either...

$50 says BRiere, Biron, or Drury will go, and Darcy will sign someone else at $4-5 Million to take one of thems place.. lol...
                Skate Zilla
                -----------------------
                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Nighthawk
                  Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  We don't have a glaring need that we have to trade Biron for.
                  Listen, the cold, plain fact is that if the Sabres lost Miller then we have no shot at the cup. Biron is not a championship caliber goalie and if anybody thinks he is then they're fooling themselves. My point is, why not trade Biron to get some help if it puts this team a step closer to the cup? I just don't understand the thinking about how the Sabres should sit back and do nothing...it boggles the mind! People, this team is truly close to being a cup contender, however, it is obvious that this team is missing something. What that something is, I don't know, but Darcy needs to go find and find it quick.

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

Biron would give us a better shot than any other option if Miller went down. Nobody's a championship goalie until their first one. Last January, who here foresaw the Cup finalist goalies being Cam Ward and Roloson?
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                      Biron would give us a better shot than any other option if Miller went down. Nobody's a championship goalie until their first one. Last January, who here foresaw the Cup finalist goalies being Cam Ward and Roloson?
                      Biron has had his chance and failed in the past. That's enough evidence for me...stop thinking that everybody who is a Sabre is the greatest thing on Earth and start thinking realistically. This team doesn't need a 2 million dollar bench warmer, they need more veteran grit up front and a defenseman to solidify themselves as a championship contender.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                        • Aug 2002

and when we trade Biron and Miller get hurts, where does that leave us? Some 3rd rate in goal? That won't get us to the finals.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                          Biron has had his chance and failed in the past. That's enough evidence for me...stop thinking that everybody who is a Sabre is the greatest thing on Earth and start thinking realistically. This team doesn't need a 2 million dollar bench warmer, they need more veteran grit up front and a defenseman to solidify themselves as a championship contender.
                          "greatest thing on Earth"? Where does that come from?

Biron is 29, yet he's washed up? He's failed before and therefore will always fail? How old was Hasek when he won his first Cup? Khabibulin? Belfour?

I'm not saying we'd win the Cup with Biron, but to rule it out is pretty silly logic.

Not ruling it out means thinking he's the "greatest thing on Earth" .... ummm yeah ok. That's the same "you must worship him or hate him" logic than ruins the JP debates.

I'm also not saying we shouldn't make a trade, but we're deep at forward and can spare someone there more than a vaulable backup goalie.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Anyone advocating trading Biron is a DOLT! No need. We have 6 SOLID defenseman and a good 7th in Paetch. It couldn't hurt to upgrade the 7th spot and have 8 solid Dmen. We are amazingly deep and forward and Goalie.

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

I would have no problem trading Kotalik. And if Skatezilla is correct with his trade prediction, it better not be Drury. He needs to be re-signed and made the permanent captain.

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X