PDA

View Full Version : Lofton, Raiders plan to meet to discuss coaching job

YardRat
01-16-2007, 06:11 AM
http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/news/local/states/california/16470247.htm

San Diego Chargers wide receivers coach James Lofton is expected to interview with the Raiders for their coaching vacancy, two people familiar with the process confirmed Monday.

Lofton, 50, interviewed with the Raiders about their coaching vacancy Jan. 12 last year, one day shy of a month before the Raiders hired Art Shell. He also interviewed for the Buffalo Bills job that went to Dick Jauron.

No date has been set, as Lofton's Chargers just finished their season Sunday, and he needs time to make arrangements.

RedEyE
01-16-2007, 07:29 AM
I think this is going to happen. He had an interview last year and from what I understand he nearly sealed the deal.

I definitly think he should get the shot.

DraftBoy
01-16-2007, 09:10 AM
This also fills their minority candidate...hopefully for James its not a token interview.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't see how Lofton could be any worse than Shell - I'd bet you right now that Lofton can win more games in his first head coaching season than Shell did in his reunion tour with Oakland.

HAMMER
01-16-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't see how Lofton could be any worse than Shell - I'd bet you right now that Lofton can win more games in his first head coaching season than Shell did in his reunion tour with Oakland.

That's stepping out on a limb, my dead grandma could win more games from the grave than Shell did.

G. Host
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I think Loftom would be a good head coach but not no one can be a good head coach for Al Davis anymore.

ublinkwescore
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
That's stepping out on a limb, my dead grandma could win more games from the grave than Shell did.

I never claimed to be stepping out on a limb... just pointing out that I'd take Lofton over Shell simply because I know Shell blows and Lofton couldn't possibly be any worse.

Also, does anyone else instinctively start typing Losman when they're trying to type lofton???

I did the first couple times...

DynaPaul
01-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Good for him, I hope he gets the job.