X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Chris Brown's take on the draft

DRAFT NEEDS: The Bills' positional needs have been a popular topic that has been sent to my email of late askchris@bills.nfl.net so I thought I'd provide my answer here to respond to everyone in one fell swoop.

I believe the Bills will address NT, OL (G or OT) and RB on day one of the draft. That is just my speculation. Whether those needs are addressed in that order remain to be seen based on how things fall before the Bills pick in each round and who is still on the board when the Bills are on the clock. I think LB and CB will also be addressed depending on whether Fletcher and Clements are retained.

Some might be surprised by my thoughts that the Bills could be looking for another running back. I think Buffalo will be looking for a tailback that can catch 50-60 balls out of the backfield similar to the way Marshall Faulk did in a version of Steve Fairchild's offense in St. Louis. That's why despite the comments by Willis McGahee's agent Drew Rosenhaus last month in angling for a contract extension, I don't believe Willis will get it, at least from the Bills (again just my educated guess).

Many of you are asking could Willis be traded. I think it's a distinct possibility. Do I know for a fact that he will be traded? No. However seeing him moved at some point this offseason would not shock me in the least.

Look for more draft coverage on www.buffalobills.com next month especially as the NFL Combine draws closer.
    i would think that of any reporter out there, brown probably has the best pulse of what the bills are thinking, and may do.

i would not be surprised at all to see them go running back early with the 12th pick if they see one of "their" guys drop.

he implies that trading mcgahee is a possibility.. i would love nothing more than to see mcgahee traded for a 2nd round pick.. take a beast like peterson or the kid from louisville (i cant think of his name right now) or lynch.. i am just over mcgahee..

i dont think LB will be a early draft pick because for some reason, i really feel like we will grab briggs.. i dont know why, i just feel like he is going to be a bill.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • RockStar36
    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
    • Sep 2004

Re: Chris Brown's take on the draft

I doubt they will take a RB in the 1st round, unless they trade down. Regardless, Peterson will be gone by the 12th pick.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Chris Brown = Company Line BS

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Interesting. So if fairchild is looking for a marshall faulk kind of back in the draft then who fits the description?

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Kerr
          Interesting. So if fairchild is looking for a marshall faulk kind of back in the draft then who fits the description?
          Lorenzo Booker

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I read the exact same thing about the back he described
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Sep 2005

Turner can catch too.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                • Sep 2003

I would love to trade Willis for a 2nd round pick, for one I believe he is overrated and two he will not accept a resonable offer because he will want to be in a bigger market period!

Next I also don't believe we will take a big back, I see someone like Lynch from Cal someone with 4.4 speed and can catch!

My perfect draft is
                1) Trade willis for second rd pick!
                2) Trade down to 21 with Denver for both their 3rd rounders (only 10 pt diff. on chart)

Rd-1 DT AMOBI OKOYE Louisville Marv kida guy and will be here for 10 years!

Rd-2 (a) RB DARIUS WALKER Notre Dame Strengths: Walker is a very explosive back who could excel in a variety of systems at the next level. He has an exceptional burst through the hole and has the breakaway speed to get to the outside and break long gains. Walker has a powerful build and that combined with his low center of gravity allows him to break a lot of arm tackles. Walker has played in a pro style offense which has required him to pass protect and catch the ball.
                Weaknesses: Walker has below average height, which is only so much of a hindrence. He could work on his ball security.
                Overall: Walker has good NFL potential. He is versatile and fast, so if teams are convinced he can carry the work load, Walker should go on the first day, be a 3rd down back early on and eventually compete for a starting spot.

Rd 2(b) ILB BRANDON SILER Florida

Rd 3 (a) G SAMSON SATELE Hawaii

Rd 3 (b) WR JASON HILL Washington State

Rd 3 (c) CB AJ DAVIS NC STATE

Rd 4 TE CLARK HARRIS Rutgers

Rd 6 OT DANIEL INMAN Georgia

Rd 7 FB CORY ANDERSON Tenn.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Darius Walker.........I'm sure the Irish fans here get a woody thinking about him here in B-Lo

Comment

• gil
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    he implies that trading mcgahee is a possibility.. i would love nothing more than to see mcgahee traded for a 2nd round pick.. take a beast like peterson or the kid from louisville (i cant think of his name right now) or lynch.. i am just over mcgahee..
                    I would like to see this as well, but I don't see us getting a 2nd rounder for Willis - granted he's more of a "name" than Henry was when we got a 3rd (I believe) for him, but hey - you never know!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      Darius Walker.........I'm sure the Irish fans here get a woody thinking about him here in B-Lo

Makes me want to puke
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Sep 2005

Michael Turner.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ultra Chimp 1
                          Michael Turner.
                          Yes we saw you say it the first time
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ultra Chimp 1
                            Michael Turner.
                            I don't disagree. I am worried the Jets or Giants are going after him huge though.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

I don't disagree. I am worried the Jets or Giants are going after him huge though.

Why are you worried, Turner is not an everydown back and the Jets have Washington already, I dont think they'll want Turner.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X