PDA

View Full Version : My Early 2007 Mock Draft

Sportsuser101
01-16-2007, 06:25 PM
1 Oakland QB Jamarcus Russell - LSU

I'd take Quinn but Raiders seem to like the big arms.

2 Detroit QB Brady Quinn - Notre Dame

Franchise QB and will be throwing to Roy Williams, Furey and Mike Williams.

3 Cleveland trades down to #5 with Arizona for 3rd round pick
3 Arizona OT Joe Thomas - Wisconsin

Arizona needs a tackle in the worse way and deal up to do so.

4 Tampa Bay WR Calvin Johnson - Georgia Tech

TB needs a playmaker to go alongside Galloway. Galloway isn't getting any younger either.

5 Cleveland WR Ted Ginn Jr - Ohio State

Suprise pick. With Hester making so much impact on ST in Chicago the Browns take a top WR and returner and a local boy.

6 Washington CB Leon Hall - Michigan

Him and Rogers make a top cornerback team. Washington always tries to get top corners.

7 Minnesota RB Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma

Minnesota may have other needs but running back has been a need since the Robert Smith days.

8 Houston S Laron Landry - LSU

Houston needs to continue to build there defense up the middle and Landy is a playmaking safety.

9 Miami DE Jamaal Anderson - Arkansas

I've heard the Seymour comparisons and I defintely see it.

10 Atlanta DT Amobi Okoye - Louisville

Arguably the most upside in the draft Okoye should help the Falcons front line.

11 San Francisco WR Dwayne Jarrett - USC

They need a #1 WR in the worse way and in most drafts Jarrett would be the #1 WR off the board.

12 Buffalo DE Gaines Adams - Clemson

Too much talent to pass up. Him and Schobel would make a Strahan/Umenyiora type tandam.

13 St Louis DE Quentin Moses - Georgia

Just missed out on their top guy in Adams they go with Moses who had an off senior year but is exactly what the Rams are looking for.

14 Carolina WR Sidney Rice - South Carolina

Keyshawn is probably gone and they need a #2 to go alongside Smith.

15 Pittsburgh CB Marcus McCauley - Fresno State

Need to improve their secondary and McCauley is the physical corner they need.

16 Green Bay CB Darrelle Revis - Pittsburgh

Packers still need to continue to build up the defense and Revis is in a strong cornerback class otherwise he'd be the #1 CB.

17 Jacksonville OLB Paul Poslusznky - Penn State

Garrard is fine at QB. Leftwich is still there. They need help at linebacker.

18 Cincinnati DT Quinn Pitcock - Ohio State

Bengals need help on the defensive line and Pitcock will do just that.

19 Tennesee WR Robert Meachem - Tennessee

Take the local kid. They need a true scoring threat and it was down to him and the Shark.

20 NY Giants RB Marshawn Lynch - California

With Barber retiring they need Lynch to go with Jacobs. Big play threat every time he touches the ball.

21 Denver DE Victor Abiamiri - Notre Dame

Was always a good pass rusher but really improved on his run stuffing. Moving up.

22 Dallas OT Levi Brown - Penn State

If they want to keep Romo healthy they need to bulk up the line and Brown does that.

23 Kansas City WR Jeff Samarzjida - Notre Dame

Kennison is a solid #2 but they need a #1. Parker is a #3 at best. The Shark adds a big play threat to go with Gonzalez in the red zone.

24 New England DE Adam Carriker - Nebraska

Perfect fit for their scheme. Would make their front 7 even stronger.

25 NY Jets ILB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss

They need another linebacker in the 34 scheme and Willis and Vilma would make a top linebacker trio in the middle.

26 Philadelphia OLB Lawrence Timmons - Florida State

Eagles need to keep building up that linebacker core and they start with a nice value pick in Timmons.

27 New Orleans DT Demarcus Tyler - NC State

In 2 years NC State is going to have 4 1st round picks on the defensive line. Unbelievable. Saints wanted Timmons but didn't fall enough.

28 New England FB Brian Leonard - Rutgers

The versatile player the Pats crave. Leonard is by far the best fullback in the draft but he also can play running back as well. He can do it all.

29 Baltimore OG Justin Blalock - Texas

Need to get better on the offensive line and Blalock is a versatile tackle/guard.

30 San Diego S Reggie Nelson - Florida

Not really that may needs outside of WR and Boye is too much of what they alreay have. They go with a playmaking safety in Nelson.

31 Indianapolis ILB Buster Davis - Florida State

A huge need is a linebacker who can stop the run. Davis can do just that.

32 Chicago TE Greg Olsen - Miami (FL)

The last tight end taken with the last pick in the 1st round was Todd Heap. Chicago hopes Olsen is half of what Heap is. Grossman needs a top TE.

Early yet but thats what I'm going to predict very early on. Feel free to respond.

X-Era
01-16-2007, 06:31 PM

TB needs a playmaker to go alongside Galloway. Galloway isn't getting any younger either.

Suprise pick. With Hester making so much impact on ST in Chicago the Browns take a top WR and returner and a local boy.

Him and Rogers make a top cornerback team. Washington always tries to get top corners.

Minnesota may have other needs but running back has been a need since the Robert Smith days.

Houston needs to continue to build there defense up the middle and Landy is a playmaking safety.

They need a #1 WR in the worse way and in most drafts Jarrett would be the #1 WR off the board.

Too much talent to pass up. Him and Schobel would make a Strahan/Umenyiora type tandam.

Just missed out on their top guy in Adams they go with Moses who had an off senior year but is exactly what the Rams are looking for.

Packers still need to continue to build up the defense and Revis is in a strong cornerback class otherwise he'd be the #1 CB.

Take the local kid. They need a true scoring threat and it was down to him and the Shark.

With Barber retiring they need Lynch to go with Jacobs. Big play threat every time he touches the ball.

Was always a good pass rusher but really improved on his run stuffing. Moving up.

If they want to keep Romo healthy they need to bulk up the line and Brown does that.

Kennison is a solid #2 but they need a #1. Parker is a #3 at best. The Shark adds a big play threat to go with Gonzalez in the red zone.

They need another linebacker in the 34 scheme and Willis and Vilma would make a top linebacker trio in the middle.

Eagles need to keep building up that linebacker core and they start with a nice value pick in Timmons.

In 2 years NC State is going to have 4 1st round picks on the defensive line. Unbelievable. Saints wanted Timmons but didn't fall enough.

The versatile player the Pats crave. Leonard is by far the best fullback in the draft but he also can play running back as well. He can do it all.

Need to get better on the offensive line and Blalock is a versatile tackle/guard.

Not really that may needs outside of WR and Boye is too much of what they alreay have. They go with a playmaking safety in Nelson.

The last tight end taken with the last pick in the 1st round was Todd Heap. Chicago hopes Olsen is half of what Heap is. Grossman needs a top TE.

Early yet but thats what I'm going to predict very early on. Feel free to respond.

Love the enthusiasm but Adams is a top 10 pick if not top 5. Marshawn Lynch will be there at 12, mark my words

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2007, 06:31 PM

not close to any mock draft i've seen and at this point seems like an average mock draft at best but everything can change from now until draft day

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Love the enthusiasm but Adams is a top 10 pick if not top 5. Marshawn Lynch will be there at 12, mark my wordsand no Jamaal Anderson!!!!

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Me thinks if Cleveland drafted Ted Ginn there would be a riot.

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
Me thinks if Cleveland drafted Ted Ginn there would be a riot.if Ted Ginn gets drafted their i would start to believe Matt Millen has gotten into every GM's head

Sportsuser101
01-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm not looking to go like other mocks. I'm just going on what I know and to a lesser extent have read. I've actually followed more college football this year then I've ever watched so I know a ton about the draft prospects.

Sportsuser101
01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Me thinks if Cleveland drafted Ted Ginn there would be a riot.

I knew alot of people would talk about this but I really think this could happen. When Ginns #s come from the combine and his workouts he's going to wow. Williamson wasn't considered this big of a prospect and ended up at #7. Added that Ginn is a better route runner and a big time kick returner and a local kid and I can see Ginn very easily going to the Browns unless they don't trade down and grab Johnson.

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I knew alot of people would talk about this but I really think this could happen. When Ginns #s come from the combine and his workouts he's going to wow. Williamson wasn't considered this big of a prospect and ended up at #7. Added that Ginn is a better route runner and a big time kick returner and a local kid and I can see Ginn very easily going to the Browns unless they don't trade down and grab Johnson.well....i appreciate the time you put into this but by looking at other mocks you get an idea...if you dont already know....of where the players will be drafted like for example Ginn wont be a top 5 guy and most likely 10-20 at the earliest probably going to the 49ers which if today was draft day probably would happen...and by leaving out Jamaal Anderson is just crazy the kid is a beast, but again I appreciate that you took the time to do this, i hate doing mock drafts and have no one critisize me because if say I haven't watched a guy enough it gives me a better idea.... along with reading and watching some stuff on him....of where he could be drafted and how talented he is

DraftBoy
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Love to see Gaines slip but he'd need a bad combine and senior bowl for that to happen. I know some are dogging you for your pick posistions but nobody and I mean nobody is set in stone till after the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Workouts. So dont sweat it. Good pick for the Bills, I like your line of thinking.

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Love to see Gaines slip but he'd need a bad combine and senior bowl for that to happen. I know some are dogging you for your pick posistions but nobody and I mean nobody is set in stone till after the Senior Bowl, Combine, and Workouts. So dont sweat it. Good pick for the Bills, I like your line of thinking.i guess i critisized more than i told him that but i did say a lot can change once free agency, the combine, and senior bowl is over our Mock Drafts will be a lot more accurate

DraftBoy
01-16-2007, 07:34 PM
i guess i critisized more than i told him that but i did say a lot can change once free agency, the combine, and senior bowl is over our Mock Drafts will be a lot more accurate

Exaclty, most mocks now are just targeting guys we like, nobody's posistion is set.

Kenny
01-16-2007, 07:37 PM
where's Alan Branch DT Michigan?

ShadowHawk7
01-16-2007, 08:15 PM
If we resign Kelsay, I'd be moderately disappointed with getting a DE in the 1st, with glaring needs at DT, LB, CB.

Sportsuser101
01-16-2007, 08:20 PM
well....i appreciate the time you put into this but by looking at other mocks you get an idea...if you dont already know....of where the players will be drafted like for example Ginn wont be a top 5 guy and most likely 10-20 at the earliest probably going to the 49ers which if today was draft day probably would happen...and by leaving out Jamaal Anderson is just crazy the kid is a beast, but again I appreciate that you took the time to do this, i hate doing mock drafts and have no one critisize me because if say I haven't watched a guy enough it gives me a better idea.... along with reading and watching some stuff on him....of where he could be drafted and how talented he is

Thanks but those guys doing the mocks probably know about as much as I know right now. I think when we see the workouts that Ginn will certainly be up there. Anderson is #9 to the Dolphins. I did forget Branch who for some reason I missed. Not sure why because I think he's 1 of the better defensive players in the draft.

Sportsuser101
01-16-2007, 08:23 PM
If we resign Kelsay, I'd be moderately disappointed with getting a DE in the 1st, with glaring needs at DT, LB, CB.

If we resign Clements then I don't think CB is a need. LB is a need but its not a huge need. A ton of teams would love to be left with Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Angelo Crowell and Keith Ellison at linebacker. DT is a big need but if Adams is sitting there I don't think we could pass him up. I mean Adams and Schobel rushing the pass rusher would be sick.

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Thanks but those guys doing the mocks probably know about as much as I know right now. I think when we see the workouts that Ginn will certainly be up there. Anderson is #9 to the Dolphins. I did forget Branch who for some reason I missed. Not sure why because I think he's 1 of the better defensive players in the draft.srry i missed that.....i respect your opinion just as much as anyone else

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I knew alot of people would talk about this but I really think this could happen. When Ginns #s come from the combine and his workouts he's going to wow. Williamson wasn't considered this big of a prospect and ended up at #7. Added that Ginn is a better route runner and a big time kick returner and a local kid and I can see Ginn very easily going to the Browns unless they don't trade down and grab Johnson.

With the Browns and that defensive line, I have to assume they would tear the city down. If Alan Branch is there I cannot see them passing on him. But hey, these are mock drafts and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Afterall, they are fun.

YardRat
01-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Washington won't need to go CB after they sign Clements in FA.

BILLSROCK1212
01-16-2007, 08:53 PM
With the Browns and that defensive line, I have to assume they would tear the city down. If Alan Branch is there I cannot see them passing on him. But hey, these are mock drafts and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Afterall, they are fun.dude....if Brad Quinn is there how could they pass on him either? DT and QB at the very least are equal needs for the Browns although they did let LaMont Jordan run for 100+ yards and they are the only ones to allow that this year as far as I can remember, they can't pass up on Brady Quinn, franchise QBs (although I believe he could be a bust) don't come around as often as pro bowl DTs do

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-16-2007, 11:15 PM
dude....if Brad Quinn is there how could they pass on him either? DT and QB at the very least are equal needs for the Browns although they did let LaMont Jordan run for 100+ yards and they are the only ones to allow that this year as far as I can remember, they can't pass up on Brady Quinn, franchise QBs (although I believe he could be a bust) don't come around as often as pro bowl DTs do

OK, either one, I am just stating that I don't think it will be Ginn. Quinn might be a bust, he has a tough time throwing to his left side.

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2007, 06:33 AM
OK, either one, I am just stating that I don't think it will be Ginn. Quinn might be a bust, he has a tough time throwing to his left side.yea i stated i thought he'd be a bust...but we're in agreement hee that they wont draft Ginn I assume especially because they already spent a top 3 pick on a WR 2 years ago in Braylon Edwards

mysticsoto
01-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Okay, several things...Alan Branch is missing from that top 10. People already gave you comments on Ginn Jr. going so high to Cleveland - in fact, they could possibly take Branch themselves or maybe more likely a top DE like Jamaal that you gave to Miami...NE taking a FB in the 1st rd - pretty freaking unlikely!!! They need CB/S and WR as their top choices!!!

alohabillsfan
01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Detroit and Jacksonville have to take wide receivers in the first round, it's what they do!

Sportsuser101
01-17-2007, 01:59 PM
Okay, several things...Alan Branch is missing from that top 10. People already gave you comments on Ginn Jr. going so high to Cleveland - in fact, they could possibly take Branch themselves or maybe more likely a top DE like Jamaal that you gave to Miami...NE taking a FB in the 1st rd - pretty freaking unlikely!!! They need CB/S and WR as their top choices!!!

Yeah I mentioned somehow I missed Branch. I wouldn't be suprised at all if NE took Leonard. In fact I think with 1 of their picks they will take Leonard. Everyone talks about the Pats taking somebody in the secondary or a WR every year and every year they don't.