PDA

View Full Version : NHL set to unveil new form-fitting uniforms after three years of work

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-16-2007, 08:25 PM
"It's something that they've worked with the players to improve," said Buffalo Sabres centre Daniel Briere. "I think they did it the right way where they asked a lot of questions, they asked for feedback from us, tried to find out what the guys liked and what the guys didn't like about the jerseys to try and make it work."

Briere, whose Sabres squad also tested the new uniforms, says the cut of the jersey will likely stand out the most for fans.

"These are more fitted to each player. It's just a different cut, I think that's the thing that's going to jump out from the people's point of view," Briere said. "It'll be interesting to see how the fans react to it."

http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news/DetailNewsCP.asp?xml=h011619A

SkateZilla
01-16-2007, 08:29 PM
lol, really, im4blfo can harp on something else...

Dude
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
They aren't too much different visually from what they wear now:

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/_photos/2007-01-17-uniform.jpg

New NHL uniforms promise better play

By Michael McCarthy, USA TODAY

The NHL is launching its biggest uniform makeover in decades.

The league Monday will unveil sleeker, lighter, more durable hockey uniforms from Reebok that will enable players to skate faster with greater range of motion, while staying drier and cooler on the ice, says Brian Jennings, the NHL's executive vice president of consumer products marketing.

Hockey fans will get their first look at the new "Rbk Edge" uniforms from official outfitter Reebok during Versus' live coverage of the 2007 All-Star Game on Jan. 24. All 30 NHL teams switch to the new uniforms for the 2007-08 season.

The NHL and Reebok have been designing and testing the new uniforms for 30 months. That quiet period has spawned several myths, Jennings told USA TODAY. No, NHL players won't wear form-fitting garb like Olympic speedskaters. No, the new uniforms won't eliminate horizontal stripes, although some clubs will experiment with vertical striping next season.

"They'll still look like hockey players in hockey sweaters," Jennings says. "But the jerseys have incredible technology that allows players to perform better."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2007-01-18-new-uniforms_x.htm

Dr. Lecter
01-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Tradition!

Tradition!

I hate the new uniform!

RockStar36
01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
"They'll still look like hockey players in hockey sweaters," Jennings says. "But the jerseys have incredible technology that allows players to perform better."

Like what? Jetpacks strapped to everyone's back?

Dude
01-18-2007, 03:08 PM
You're such a diehard fan, Lecter. :bow:

Dude
01-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Like what? Jetpacks strapped to everyone's back?Pssst - read the article. :up:

Philagape
01-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Thank you, Reebok! :hail:

RockStar36
01-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Pssst - read the article. :up:

I will do nothing of the sort. That's to much work. My head already hurts.

Philagape
01-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Credit the NHL for holding back the launch this season and getting the players more involved in testing. Just look at what happened with the NBA and its failed new ball. The players were not involved in testing and ultimately the complaints prompted the league to switch back to the old ball.

:lolpoint: NBA

Michael82
01-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Credit the NHL for holding back the launch this season and getting the players more involved in testing. Just look at what happened with the NBA and its failed new ball. The players were not involved in testing and ultimately the complaints prompted the league to switch back to the old ball.

:lolpoint: NBA
:rofl:

GThirst
01-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Tradition!

Tradition!

I hate the new uniform!
lol, you act like the jerseys they use now are what the NHL has always used.

Stop being so afraid of change.

Tradition!? What about Sweaters!?

SkateZilla
01-18-2007, 06:24 PM
Smaller Diameter for the arms and body, new lighter/sweat proof material...

Dr. Lecter
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
lol, you act like the jerseys they use now are what the NHL has always used.

Stop being so afraid of change.

Tradition!? What about Sweaters!?

[sarcasm]

GThirst
01-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, I've been hearing that arguement from about 20 people today, my bad.

chernobylwraiths
01-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Two things come to my mind.

The Sabres designed their new uniforms to conform to the "new" style of uniform where the jersey would be tucked in. Now that won't happen. That would piss me off if I spent millions on a new design that won't work since they redesigned their new design.

Second, and more importantly, how will this new design work with fighting? I'm thinking it will be harder for them to grab each other's jersey to stop the other guy from swinging.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Two things come to my mind.

The Sabres designed their new uniforms to conform to the "new" style of uniform where the jersey would be tucked in. Now that won't happen. That would piss me off if I spent millions on a new design that won't work since they redesigned their new design.

Second, and more importantly, how will this new design work with fighting? I'm thinking it will be harder for them to grab each other's jersey to stop the other guy from swinging.

That's the whole idea with these jerseys, to stop with the clutching and grabbing the NHL already did away with hooking and there's hardly anymore fights in the NHL anyways. Just think about it this way :question: why does a football player have his jersey tucked in so he won't get tackled easly right well the NHL is trying to cut down on the hooking and grabbing and these jerseys will do that.

Michael82
01-20-2007, 09:09 AM
I saw the All-Star uniforms at the store. The replicas look cheap and are about $140. The authentics are very nice looking, but cost $350. :shocked: The NHL went with Reebok and the typical ripoff Reebok prices. :ill:

Bill Brasky
01-24-2007, 10:10 PM
I saw the All-Star uniforms at the store. The replicas look cheap and are about $140. The authentics are very nice looking, but cost $350. :shocked: The NHL went with Reebok and the typical ripoff Reebok prices. :ill:

wait til all the cheapskate bandwaggon jackoffs start selling them on ebay.