PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference mid-season grades

SabreEleven
01-17-2007, 07:26 AM
http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/columnist/detail.asp?columnist=214

Buffalo

Star Pupils: Pretty much everybody.

Remedial Work: Pretty much nobody.

Principal’s Office: Nobody, that is, but for Andrew Peters. Thirty-four games played, one assist, 55 penalty minutes and an average of four minutes per game so far. Thanks for comin’ out, big fella

RockStar36
01-17-2007, 08:46 AM
In defense of Peters, he isn't going to light up the scoresheet with only 4 minutes of gametime.

Myers57
01-17-2007, 12:44 PM
i feel bad for peters because he worked his ass off all summer in attempts to make the team..

the guy is a fighter and not a goal scorer

i say we bench him come playoffs but leave him on the roster so he can get a stanley cup ring

RockStar36
01-17-2007, 01:10 PM
I have no problem with Peters because he seems to give his all every shift. The same can't be said for all the other players. I wish he would try to provide more offense, while throwing checks, but maybe cut back on the fighting just a bit. His ice time will be limited more when he is in the box for 5 minutes at a time.

Mitchy moo
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
in relative terms, peters is part of the old guard that's retiring.

GThirst
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Its interesting, because Peters has moments were he is not half bad. Infact, I think he could produce a bit more if he was put on a line with more potent forwards... But theres a large gap between the fighters (Peters, Mair) and the top forwards, so it wouldn't make sense to put him with them anyway...

Still, I say put peters with Max and Briere for a couple shifts just to get him a goal sometime. Next time we trounce and opponent!