PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher definitly not coming bad....

RedEyE
01-17-2007, 07:31 AM
I don't think we have to read too much into Spikes' comments to understand that London Flether-Baker won't be back with us next season:

Not having Fletcher as a teammate next season would be especially difficult because of the bond the two linebackers have developed over the past four seasons. The two men found it hard to keep it together before taking the field in Baltimore for the season finale.

"He was emotional before the game," said Spikes of Fletcher. "I couldn't even look at him. I might have lost it."

That's why prior to the last game of 2006 Spikes had some words for his defensive teammates.

"One of the things I told the guys is to play every play like it's your last, mainly because it's the last time we'll ever be together as a team," Spikes said. "And you never know who is watching for the first time so you want to leave a good impression."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4571

Tatonka
01-17-2007, 08:04 AM
not that i think fletch is coming back.. but i think your reading way to much into that statement.

Saratoga Slim
01-17-2007, 08:11 AM
that article did do a pretty good job of convincing me that Takeo is coming back. The whole article is about his concerns for what the Bills' defense will look like next year. Whether or not the Bills have different plans, at least Spikes is assuming he'll be here.

Good.

HHURRICANE
01-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Maybe Spikes and Fletcher could have stopped crying for 5 minutes and worked on stopping the run!!

TacklingDummy
01-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Maybe Spikes and Fletcher could have stopped crying for 5 minutes and worked on stopping the run!!

What do you mean? Fletcher was good at tackling the ball carrier 5-7 yards down the field.

I for one won't miss Fletcher. I've always thought he was overrated since he's been here.

HHURRICANE
01-17-2007, 09:29 AM
What do you mean? Fletcher was good at tackling the ball carrier 5-7 yards down the field.

I for one won't miss Fletcher. I've always thought he was overrated since he's been here.

We actually agree. I'm kind of over undersized/underskilled players with "high motors". I'll just take a great player with size instead.

alohabillsfan
01-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Marv, continue the youth movement... With the 12th pick in the second round the Buffalo Bills select Brandon Siler LB University of Florida!

Kerr
01-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Marv, continue the youth movement... With the 12th pick in the second round the Buffalo Bills select Brandon Siler LB University of Florida!

Not a bad choice, but doesn't Marv like guys who are versatile? If i'm not mistaken, Siler is only a mlb. Which is why patrick willis wouldn't be out of the question in the 1st. He can play more than one spot. Either way, I wouldn't be dissapointed with the former gator. :up:

Saratoga Slim
01-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Siler's more of a second/third-rounder, isn't he?

ParanoidAndroid
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Maybe a late 1st, but Willis is the consensus #1 MLB and can also play outside.

kernowboy
01-17-2007, 05:23 PM
I'd be happy to grab the Pos and look to move Crowell inside if necessary

jamze132
01-18-2007, 09:44 AM
I would not like that at all. The guy is out of position more than he is in. You have any idea how many times he got stuck out of position throughout the season? And to top it all off, he missed a FEW open field tackles in the SEC Championship game. if we can get him in the 2nd round then ok, but not the first when their is so much more talent that can be had.

And I am a Gator fan.

Ickybaluky
01-18-2007, 09:47 AM
I would not like that at all. The guy is out of position more than he is in. You have any idea how many times he got stuck out of position throughout the season? And to top it all off, he missed a FEW open field tackles in the SEC Championship game. if we can get him in the 2nd round then ok, but not the first when their is so much more talent that can be had.

And I am a Gator fan.

He is a chaser who can play undisciplined, but one thing I really like about Siler is his leadership and intangibles.

I agree on the 2nd/3rd projection, though.

Mr. Cynical
01-18-2007, 11:59 AM
Bye Fletch. There is no one on this team that I am in any way emotionally attached to because we haven't done s*** in over a decade. When we start rolling and become a real threat, then I'll start to give a s*** about who leaves and who stays. Right now, no one is irreplaceable. I'm not saying we can or should dump the roster and get all new players because obvisously that's not only stupid but also impossible. But in the context of "caring" about a specific player, I just don't. They haven't earned it yet from me. The only thing I care about is the Bills getting better.

Marvelous
01-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Bye Fletch. There is no one on this team that I am in any way emotionally attached to because we haven't done s*** in over a decade.
My attachments are Schobel & Moorman.. Nobody else..Fo the same reasons you mentioned...

Mahdi
01-18-2007, 03:31 PM

Fletcher was a perfect LB fit when we had Pat and Adams. He just doesnt fit this system. He is every bit as good as he was hyped to be theres no question about that. Just not for Buffalo at this point.