PDA

View Full Version : Draft Question for Draft Boy (or someone else)

patmoran2006
01-17-2007, 08:41 AM
I follow college ball a lot, but here and there especially on the WEst Coast there are a couple of draft prospects I know little about.

Someone give me the rundown on Lynch from Cal. What are his strengths? And where is he perceived as fitting in on most mock draft boards?

The more I think about it (and of course depending on FA) and especially given the success of rookie RB's from last year's draft (Adaii and Maroney and Bush) I wouldnt be the least bit shocked to see us go RB early.

I think Levy may be getting sick of Wilis, and even if he isnt its the last year in his deal.

Night Train
01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
I saw Lynch play about 3 games this year and he's the real deal.

Runs in the 4.45-4.5 range, which isn't blazing like say, a Willie Parker but he's got the complete game. I think Fairchild would like him, having coached Faulk and S. Jackson in St. Louis.

Hits the line flying ( not a dancer like Willis ) and runs great between the tackles. 5-11 218. Puts the shoulder down and drives for yardage. Has good hands out of the backfield for the swing pass. Willing blocker. Breaks a lot of tackles. Most draft boards have him listed somewhere between 8-12 overall.

patmoran2006
01-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Well this is the guy I want.

I trust Marv will handle his business in FA with this cap room and get an upgrade at DT and RG as well as some help at LB and CB.

MY game would be go after BIG TIME June or Briggs at OLB, move Crowell to the middle.. Find someone not as good (expensive) as Nate but worthy of competiting with Youboty at corner.. and draft this Lynch kid in round one with interior line help rest of draft day one.

patmoran2006
01-17-2007, 09:27 AM
To further my reasoning, RB may not be the biggest "need" per say, but a home run threat at RB who can also catch would be wonderful for Losman's continued progression.

TheGhostofJimKelly
01-17-2007, 09:39 AM
There really isn't a lot of knocks on him. He is a little inconsistant and isn't the best receiver out of the backfield, but those are things he can work on.

Mudflap1
01-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Lynch = Thurman IMO.

Jon

alohabillsfan
01-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I believe we will take a RB early also, how early time will tell I could see us taking someone in the 2nd like Darius Walker from ND or in the 3rd like Booker from FSU. We need to resign the A-train and trade Willis. There can be a deal done here with detroit, NYg Oakland etc.. I would like to see us get a 2nd round pick for him ... something like we get your second and we give you our fourth rounder.

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Marshawn Lynch is the most complete back in this class

He not only has speed like Night Train said, he also has quick feet. He doesnt waste time dancing around, rather he makes a move to make you miss and is gone. He wont be a big power back, he's similar to McGahee but smaller and quicker.

He has great hands out of the backfield, and can run decent routes though he could use some more work.

He is not good at picking up blitzes he needs to REALLY work on this.

Overall I really like Marshawn Lynch, and think he would be a great addition to this team.

He also does not allow for injuries to really nick him up. He has played through injuries in the past, and he was the leader of a inconsistent Cal offense this past season. He is a good ball player and has a great head on his shoulders.

Night Train
01-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Booker from FSU.

He's too small (think Shaud Williams) and could never carry the ball 25-30 times. More of a solid situational player, like Kevin Faulk of the Pats.

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 10:15 AM
Lynch-JR
Career Stats-
Rushing:
3230 yards
29 TD

Receiving:
600 yards
6 TD
-----------------------------------------
2006-
1356 yards
11 TD

2005-
1246 yards
10 TD

2004-
628 yards
8 TD
----------------------------------

Only missed two games in his entire career
Note: Career Passing 3 of 4 for 2 TDs

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Career-6.6 ypc
06-6.1 ypc
05-6.4 ypc
04-8.8 ypc

Interesting Note: Only stopped for a TOTAL of -117 yards in his entire career

Kerr
01-17-2007, 10:30 AM
If there's one thing about the nfl is don't sell the small guys short(no pun). Certainly there are few who can gain success in the league because of size and weight, but when guys like warrick dunn, brian westbrook, etc have had success, then it's mind boggling to think why a smaller back like a walker or booker can't have the same type of success in the league. For every dunn there's a shaud williams, but you can't be quick to assume they won't be any good based on their size.

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 10:31 AM
Walker wont be good because he lacks the heart to be good, not because of his size.

Kerr
01-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Walker wont be good because he lacks the heart to be good, not because of his size.

No heart? And you base this on?

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 10:40 AM
No heart? And you base this on?

Knowing him, watching him and playing with him in rec ball, watching him in HS, and college.

Kerr
01-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Knowing him, watching him and playing with him in rec ball, watching him in HS, and college.
Fabulous, so you know him. So are you saying he's lazy?

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Fabulous, so you know him. So are you saying he's lazy?

Did I say that? Dont attempt to put words in my mouth. I dont know him, Ive said Ive played with him and watched him play for about a decade.

Kerr
01-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Did I say that? Dont attempt to put words in my mouth. I dont know him, Ive said Ive played with him and watched him play for about a decade.

Don't get so defensive. I was just asking you a simple question. But you just said you knew him, and I quote, "knowing him," from your previous post. Or am I the one taking it out of context?

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Yes I know him, Ive met him and talked to him before, the context your post reffered to was that he's a friend of mine, he is not, I havent spoken to him in years, and if you asked him he will not remember me at all. I know him only a little bit more closely than anybody else who has followed him at Buford HS and Notre Dame.

HAMMER
01-17-2007, 11:20 AM
"I know him, I don't know him, wait I know him, sort of."

RockStar36
01-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Just for the record, but I can almost guarantee Willis wouldn't net a 2nd round pick.

RockStar36
01-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Knowing who somebody is and actually knowing them are two different things. I see what DB was saying. It's the same thing with Carlo Coliacovo on the Leafs. He played for Erie and I've met him, but I don't actually know him. He would have no idea who I am if you showed him a picture of me.

Kerr
01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Yes I know him, Ive met him and talked to him before, the context your post reffered to was that he's a friend of mine, he is not, I havent spoken to him in years, and if you asked him he will not remember me at all. I know him only a little bit more closely than anybody else who has followed him at Buford HS and Notre Dame.
:rofl: You know him, but you don't know- whatever. You don't have to be a friend of his to know him, in which I didn't indicate asking whether he was your friend or not.

So after all of that, you feel he doesn't have the heart to become successful in the nfl because of your brief history of him as an aquaintance and watching him play from hs to college?

I seemed to remember in his freshmen year being instrumental in beating the wolverines, in which they did. He led the way and made his mates believe they could beat michigan. His career at ND wasn't stellar, but when has nd's run blocking ever been that great? He played like a champ in the lsu bowl game. He's practically the only guy to show up on offense. Weis and co. used him less in the 2nd half even though he was having success against their defense.

Kerr
01-17-2007, 11:32 AM
Knowing who somebody is and actually knowing them are two different things. I see what DB was saying. It's the same thing with Carlo Coliacovo on the Leafs. He played for Erie and I've met him, but I don't actually know him. He would have no idea who I am if you showed him a picture of me.

I think knowing who he is was obvious considering hes a nd fan. So I guess it wasn't necassary to include that part.

X-Era
01-17-2007, 11:36 AM
I follow college ball a lot, but here and there especially on the WEst Coast there are a couple of draft prospects I know little about.

Someone give me the rundown on Lynch from Cal. What are his strengths? And where is he perceived as fitting in on most mock draft boards?

The more I think about it (and of course depending on FA) and especially given the success of rookie RB's from last year's draft (Adaii and Maroney and Bush) I wouldnt be the least bit shocked to see us go RB early.

I think Levy may be getting sick of Wilis, and even if he isnt its the last year in his deal.

Hes been described as the next LT. I think the comparison is only fair if you look at style of play.

Hes got everything you look for. Theres really no chink in his armor.

Heres the footballs future write up
Marshawn Lynch RB 5'11 217 Cal Jr.

By: Robert Davis

<!-- Begin Article Text -->After being heavily recruited out of high school, Lynch paid immediate dividends for the Bears as a true freshman in 2004. Backing up Adimchinobe Echemandu, he averaged 8.8 yards per carry, rushing for 628 yards and eight touchdowns, and added 19 catches for 147 yards and two touchdowns out of the backfield. Taking over as a sophomore last year, Lynch became one of the best backs in the entire country. He ran for 1,246 yards and 10 touchdowns on the ground, and caught 15 passes for 125 yards, despite only starting nine games on the year. His rushing totals as a junior were remarkably similar. He ran for 1,245 yards and nine touchdowns, and added 311 yards and four touchdowns on 31 receptions out of the backfield.
Lynch is the total package. He has very good size for a running back, and he is a good interior runner. He attacks the hole, and has the ability to break tackles. Once through the hole, he has the elusiveness to make people miss, and the speed to outrun defenders. Lynch has the big play ability that teams crave, but the steady ability to run between the tackles. He has also shown the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield and make things happen.
It is tough to find faults in Lynch’s game. He is a very well rounded back. If pressed to come up with something, it’s that he is not a pure burner and is not a massive running back. Marshawn Lynch entered college with a lot of hype, and he has produced to justify it. As he enters the NFL draft, he will have just as much hype, and could end up being a Top 15 pick when he declares.

Heres condrafts write up

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" width="32%">
Name
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" width="34%">
Marshawn Lynch
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top width="34%" rowSpan=9>
http://condraft.com/exclaim.gifCDS Top #18 Player!

CDS Predicts:
http://condraft.com/logos/smalllogos/packers.gifPackers will take
Marshawn Lynch
Round 1, Pick 16
View all CDS Mocks (http://condraft.com/mocks/)

</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed">
School
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed">
California (http://condraft.com/database/pacific-10/california/index.html)
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed">
Graduation Year
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed">
Birth Date
4/22/1986
Jersey Number
Current Position
HB
Projected Position
HB
CDS Projected 2007 NFL Draft Round
http://condraft.com/new.gif Member-Projected 2007 NFL Draft Round
Not enough entries
Height
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" colSpan=2>
5 ft. 11.0 in.
Weight
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" colSpan=2>
217 lbs.
Speed
4.40 (Unofficial)
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" colSpan=3> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top>
Important Links
http://condraft.com/linkup_gif.gifClick Here to visit California's Profile for Marshawn Lynch (http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/lynch_marshawn00.html)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE borderColor=#000066 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=660 align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD background=http://condraft.com/v3/w4.jpg height=20> Stats</TD></TR><TR><TD background=http://condraft.com/v3/d43.jpg><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width=660 align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" width="68%">
<TABLE borderColor=navy cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=660 border=1><TBODY><TR><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="10%">Season Year</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">GP</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">GS</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Att</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Rush Yds</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Avg</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Rush TDs</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Rec</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Rec Yds</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Avg</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Rec TDs</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle width="8%">Fum Lost</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#bed2f8><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>'04-'05</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>12</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>10</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>71</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>628</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>8</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>19</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>147</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>7.7</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>2</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e8effd><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>'05-'06</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>10</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>9</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>191</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>1246</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>10</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>15</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>125</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>8.3</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#bed2f8><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>'06-'07</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#e8effd><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>'07-'08</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 12px" align=middle>---</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE borderColor=#000066 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=660 align=center border=1><TBODY><TR><TD background=http://condraft.com/v3/w4.jpg height=20> Scouting Report </TD></TR><TR><TD background=http://condraft.com/v3/d43.jpg><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top width="32%" height=80>
Overview
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top width="68%">
While fighting a hand injury in 2005, Marshawn still racked up 1246 yards last year splitting carries with Justin Forsett. A preseason All American on several sporting websites including condraft.com and rivals.com. On the preseason watch for Heisman and Maxwell awards. The #2 ranked RB in the nation coming out of high school, following only Adrian Peterson.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top height=98>
Strengths
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top>
Marshawn is referred to as "the beast" by his California teammates. He is impossible to bring down in stride, and will usually take 2-3 defenders to finally drag him down. Lynch is very quick and elusive, and when he's near the endzone, he doesn't miss often. His 7.02 career ypc is also very impressive. Can also return punts and kickoffs. Marshawn is a gamer as in the tough biggest games of the year, the Big Game and the bowl game, Marshawn tallied 317 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top height=87>
Weaknesses
</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top>
There's not much not to like about Marshawn, but you could point to his lingering hand and finger injuries as a concern. He also has a tendency to run outside a little too much and not follow his blockers at times.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-TOP: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-LEFT: #cfd9ef 2px dashed; BORDER-BOTTOM: #cfd9ef 2px dashed" vAlign=top height=89>
Projection
Marshawn is a complete back. He is quick, fast, strong, can catch the ball, can run the ball, can even play special teams. He is a can't miss prospect. If he slips out of the top 10, it will only be because a nagging injury. It's a toss up between Peterson and Lynch for the first RB selected if indeed both do come out after their Junior campaigns.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

patmoran2006
01-17-2007, 11:41 AM
The only team drafting ahead of Buffalo that would absolutely take a RB would be Houston at 8 and they'll probably take Peterson.

So if Buffalo at 12 was indeed intrigued by Lynchy he'd almost certainly be on the board.

From early looks, I dont see a tackle or DT at #12 that Buffalo would really consider, though there are a couple of stellar DT on the board.

Kerr
01-17-2007, 11:45 AM
So what would be the plan? Keep A-train to split time with Lynch 'til he's ready to take over?

I couldn't complain about taking lynch, although I could say Marv would argue with him looking like lil' john. Seems like marv is picky over appearance, everything.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerphotos/rb/marshawnlynch.jpg

Mr. Pink
01-17-2007, 12:19 PM
The only team drafting ahead of Buffalo that would absolutely take a RB would be Houston at 8 and they'll probably take Peterson.

So if Buffalo at 12 was indeed intrigued by Lynchy he'd almost certainly be on the board.

From early looks, I dont see a tackle or DT at #12 that Buffalo would really consider, though there are a couple of stellar DT on the board.

I've heard Cleveland has interest in either Lynch or Peterson, moreso Peterson at this point. So if the Texans are interested in RB, Buffalo is gonna have to move up to get Lynch. And may have to leapfrog Cleveland in order to get him. Apparently they're not happy with the production of Reuben Droughns the past season and none of the backups Jason Wright, William Green or Jerome Harrison would be able to take the every down pounding.

We shall see though.

DraftBoy
01-17-2007, 02:15 PM
:rofl: You know him, but you don't know- whatever. You don't have to be a friend of his to know him, in which I didn't indicate asking whether he was your friend or not.

So after all of that, you feel he doesn't have the heart to become successful in the nfl because of your brief history of him as an aquaintance and watching him play from hs to college?

I seemed to remember in his freshmen year being instrumental in beating the wolverines, in which they did. He led the way and made his mates believe they could beat michigan. His career at ND wasn't stellar, but when has nd's run blocking ever been that great? He played like a champ in the lsu bowl game. He's practically the only guy to show up on offense. Weis and co. used him less in the 2nd half even though he was having success against their defense.

You cite a total of two games he showed heart in, he's probably only played in over 100 in his career. Also if you would do a little research you would of seen the ***** fest he put up about not getting offers from UGA, GT, or any other big Georgia school. At Buford it was all about what Darius did to win them state titles, forget he had one hell of a QB and WR to help him.

Dont get me wrong Darius has shown the ability to be a damn good RB, but he has never shown any kind of a consistent desire to lead his team, or does he show the heart to make it that extra yard. Against LSU he showed up and was the only one to do that, but against USC three years straight he blanked, against Michigan the past two years, Michigan State this year. Consistent dissapointment, and failure. He doesnt have the heart I want at RB.

Though his size is not an issue imo, he has always been durable.

Also I dont consider watching a kid play for 10 years is really a "brief history" have you watched any of the current crop of prospects play for more than 4 years?

acattack15
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Check this Site out for Video's and info on Marshawn Lynch.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/

The guy looks really good, a solid back. Good speed, moves, vision, and power. He also is a great receiver having 34 receptions for 328yrd and 4 tds along with his 1,356yards rushing and 11 rushTD. More of a complete RB then Willis and without his big mouth and off the field issues. He should be there at 12 too!

Saratoga Slim
01-17-2007, 04:20 PM
What's this guy's "football character" like? Is he a prima donna, or a lunch-pailer?

How bout off the field issues?

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2007, 04:27 PM

I think Levy may be getting sick of Wilis, and even if he isnt its the last year in his deal.i've seen him in college and he looks great but i just get the feeling that he will be a bust even though by watching him i doubt it he is great and shud go to the Packers

X-Era
01-17-2007, 04:35 PM
He's too small (think Shaud Williams) and could never carry the ball 25-30 times. More of a solid situational player, like Kevin Faulk of the Pats.

5' 11" 217 is too small?????

Tomlinson is 5' 10" 221!!!!!

jdbillsfan
01-17-2007, 04:55 PM
How does Kenny Irons from Auburn compare?

X-Era
01-17-2007, 04:58 PM
How does Kenny Irons from Auburn compare?

Hes a late bloomer but as of know isnt the back of either Cadillac or Ronnie Brown.

Hes a boom or bust type. If someone takes him it will be based on tangibles and not necessarily what hes done so far. Ill pass to be honest.

X-Era
01-17-2007, 05:00 PM
i've seen him in college and he looks great but i just get the feeling that he will be a bust even though by watching him i doubt it he is great and shud go to the Packers

Michael Bush is my favorite to be honest, but I think someone will take a flyer on him in late round 1.

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Michael Bush is my favorite to be honest, but I think someone will take a flyer on him in late round 1.well we are definetly in agreement here.....Bush reminds me a bit of Brandon Jacobs except his talent and his potential are much greater although Jacob's are pretty good too

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2007, 05:06 PM
He's too small (think Shaud Williams) and could never carry the ball 25-30 times. More of a solid situational player, like Kevin Faulk of the Pats.i agree on him ending up as a situational player but he is definetly not too small

Mahdi
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
I know that everyone wants a "character" player and im one of those people for sure. Someone that plays hard, produces and keeps his mouth shut unless he's saying something productive. Now I was pretty young durnig the Thurman Thomas days but correct me if im wrong did he not talk a lot of trash? And if so, assuming Willis had a good run blocking OL he would almost certainly be a 1500+ yard rusher, is he then acceptable to keep with a big mouth?

acattack15
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
According to Lynch, he will have to take another two semesters worth of classes to get his Cal degree. "I'm going to do that," he said. "I'm going to come back."

The hype around Lynch is growing -- the school has launched a promotional Web site ( http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/ (http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/) )---- but Lynch prefers to lie low.
"He's uncomfortable with the personal attention," Cal Coach Jeff Tedford said. "He would rather focus on the other guys around him. He doesn't like being put on a pedestal."

These two quotes seem to show hes a decent guy, that will keep his mouth shut, unlike Willis. He also seems to have good priorities, for he wants to get his degree at school and is only 2 semesters away as a junior. He also doesn't like the media spotlight and even says his favorite RB is his backup Justin Forsett. Doesn't seem cocky at all, seems down to earth which, is exactly what we need.

Possibly a "Marv" kinda guy?

Heres a link to a scouting site about Lynch, it compare him to LaDainian Tomlinson!! The whole package, size, toughness, speed.
http://www.draftshowcase.com/MarshawnLynch.htm

Kerr
01-17-2007, 06:02 PM
You cite a total of two games he showed heart in, he's probably only played in over 100 in his career. Also if you would do a little research you would of seen the ***** fest he put up about not getting offers from UGA, GT, or any other big Georgia school. At Buford it was all about what Darius did to win them state titles, forget he had one hell of a QB and WR to help him.

Dont get me wrong Darius has shown the ability to be a damn good RB, but he has never shown any kind of a consistent desire to lead his team, or does he show the heart to make it that extra yard. Against LSU he showed up and was the only one to do that, but against USC three years straight he blanked, against Michigan the past two years, Michigan State this year. Consistent dissapointment, and failure. He doesnt have the heart I want at RB.

Though his size is not an issue imo, he has always been durable.

Also I dont consider watching a kid play for 10 years is really a "brief history" have you watched any of the current crop of prospects play for more than 4 years?

Man calm the F down. I only name two games out of a dozen other games he's played really well in. Do I have to list them all for you? I'm sure you're aware of the rest of the games being a nd fan. You talk about Darius *****ing, etc in high school, but what does that have to do with him becoming a good back? You think because you've seen and followed him for over 10 years makes you sure he's not going to have success in the pros? Tell me something. What's your track record on players coming out of the draft. I understand people like to label players coming out as studs or busts, but what's your record? Because unless you have a perfect record, then I don't know what you're getting all pissy about. What you're saying about Darius at nd is partly true about not showing up against teams like usc, but has brady quinn either? And we're talking about a guy who was a heisman candidate. So while everyone praises brady for putting big numbers, the fact is he's chocked in most big games, more than mr. walker has.

DraftBoy
01-18-2007, 07:07 AM
Man calm the F down. I only name two games out of a dozen other games he's played really well in. Do I have to list them all for you? I'm sure you're aware of the rest of the games being a nd fan. You talk about Darius *****ing, etc in high school, but what does that have to do with him becoming a good back? You think because you've seen and followed him for over 10 years makes you sure he's not going to have success in the pros? Tell me something. What's your track record on players coming out of the draft. I understand people like to label players coming out as studs or busts, but what's your record? Because unless you have a perfect record, then I don't know what you're getting all pissy about. What you're saying about Darius at nd is partly true about not showing up against teams like usc, but has brady quinn either? And we're talking about a guy who was a heisman candidate. So while everyone praises brady for putting big numbers, the fact is he's chocked in most big games, more than mr. walker has.

Why are you all over this kids nuts? And dont lump in all ND fans as Brady Quinn fans, if you take ten seconds and go read stuff you'll see I think he too is overrated and not worth where he'll be picked. Do I have a perfect track record? Nope, does anybody? Will I still pass my own judgement when asked? Yep. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean Im not going to say it. Do I think seeing a kid play and act over a 10 yr period gives me a little more insight into his heart? Id sure as **** hope so. He's the only kid Ive seen outside of Jeff Franceour (Atlanta Braves RF) play since he was little and make it. He had a bad attitude in rec Ball, and in HS. Reports were it hadnt changed all that much at ND either, so no I dont think he has the heart to be a good NFL running back. I do however wish him all the luck.

Kerr
01-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Why are you all over this kids nuts? And dont lump in all ND fans as Brady Quinn fans, if you take ten seconds and go read stuff you'll see I think he too is overrated and not worth where he'll be picked. Do I have a perfect track record? Nope, does anybody? Will I still pass my own judgement when asked? Yep. Just because you dont like it, doesnt mean Im not going to say it. Do I think seeing a kid play and act over a 10 yr period gives me a little more insight into his heart? Id sure as **** hope so. He's the only kid Ive seen outside of Jeff Franceour (Atlanta Braves RF) play since he was little and make it. He had a bad attitude in rec Ball, and in HS. Reports were it hadnt changed all that much at ND either, so no I dont think he has the heart to be a good NFL running back. I do however wish him all the luck.

I'm not, you don't see me making darius walker threads here all the time. I never said you were a brady quinn fan. I'm curious what reports did you hear he's still the same bad apples he was in hs? In his interviews, he doesn't come off as a guy with a bad attitude so doesn't it come across to you that maybe he changed? What happened in hs, stays in hs. Nobody gives a **** about what you did in hs or what you were. No, not in the real world.

Btw, even if he did have a bad attitude, I fail to see how that interferes with talent? TO, Randy Moss, Shockeys, etc may all have bad attitudes, but they've made an nfl career for themselves.

DraftBoy
01-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm not, you don't see me making darius walker threads here all the time. I never said you were a brady quinn fan. I'm curious what reports did you hear he's still the same bad apples he was in hs? In his interviews, he doesn't come off as a guy with a bad attitude so doesn't it come across to you that maybe he changed? What happened in hs, stays in hs. Nobody gives a **** about what you did in hs or what you were. No, not in the real world.

Btw, even if he did have a bad attitude, I fail to see how that interferes with talent? TO, Randy Moss, Shockeys, etc may all have bad attitudes, but they've made an nfl career for themselves.

I never questioned his talent, I said his lack of heart will always keep him down. The reports were from one of Notre Dame's subscription publications. Players can play through bad attitudes yes, but those that lack heart (TO, Moss) never improve their team but only ever make it worse.

Kerr
01-18-2007, 11:17 AM
I never questioned his talent, I said his lack of heart will always keep him down. The reports were from one of Notre Dame's subscription publications. Players can play through bad attitudes yes, but those that lack heart (TO, Moss) never improve their team but only ever make it worse.

Fair enough, but I still think he'll be a productive back. Want to make a wager that he does/doesn't produce in the nfl? I'd have more zb's to offer for the bet, but you see bling stiffed me on the last bet.

DraftBoy
01-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Fair enough, but I still think he'll be a productive back. Want to make a wager that he does/doesn't produce in the nfl? I'd have more zb's to offer for the bet, but you see bling stiffed me on the last bet.

No I dont want to bet you, bc what I consider productive and you consider productive are likely to be different and just bc a guy has a good year, or a bad year doesnt mean he is good or bad. Thanks for the offer though.

Kerr
01-18-2007, 03:45 PM
No I dont want to bet you, bc what I consider productive and you consider productive are likely to be different and just bc a guy has a good year, or a bad year doesnt mean he is good or bad. Thanks for the offer though.

lol ok sure.