• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

According to the cap figures, guys in danger are:

From Bills Daily, heres guys with little cap hit if released that are costing a good amount.

1) Roscoe Parrish-
    WR Roscoe Parrish $4.68M - $660,000 against cap if released.
    2) TKO-
    LB Takeo Spikes $6M - $3M against cap if released.
    3) Willis-
    RB Willis McGahee $1.735M - $830,000 against cap if released.

My take is that TKO should be worried the most, he just isnt worth that much based on last year. Willis is cheap still.

Roscoe? 4.6 mill for Roscoe????? Thats appauling!

Cut him and grab a guy like Ginn Jr.

• Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: According to the cap figures, guys in danger are:

Originally posted by jp-era
    From Bills Daily, heres guys with little cap hit if released that are costing a good amount.

1) Roscoe Parrish-
    2) TKO-
    3) Willis-

My take is that TKO should be worried the most, he just isnt worth that much based on last year. Willis is cheap still.

I can see the top two guys either a. gone next year or b. restructured.

I can't see paying a useless WR 4.68 million dollars no matter what his value as a return man as. That's absolutely ridiculous. If Parrish isn't cut or re-structured there is something certainly wrong at OBD.

Spikes, if 100% he's worthy every penny, if not we need to cut bait and move on. Unfortunately that's the way the NFL goes.

Willis should and will remain a Buffalo Bill next year. His comments aside and the fact that he's largely underachieved isn't too much of a concern, he should break out next year, being a contract year and have a huge year. Which I suspect will happen. His value now isn't much, he's an average back in this league, on top of the fact we have no one to replace him.

I'm totally floored by Parrish on this though...another Total Dumbass mistake.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

Roscoe Parrish was pegged as a bad pick from the beginning, and those who called it were right. No way does that guy not get cut unless they restructure, which I believe is a waste of time since Reed is clearly the better slot receiver and is already re-signed. None of our receivers did much in the middle of the field except Reed. We need a wideout who can change that.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

They are over $30 mil under the cap...they don't HAVE to cut anybody for cap purposes.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

Spikes, if 100% he's worthy every penny, if not we need to cut bait and move on. Unfortunately that's the way the NFL goes.
          agreed, but no matter what, i don't see us ditching Spikes this year. We're going to lose Fletch and that leaves us really thin at LB. Hell, at points last year we had to put COY FRIGGIN WIRE in at LB.

I think Spikes gets one more year with us, if for no other reason than lack of other options. We have to replace Fletch and add at least one guy for depth- I don't think we'll want to put ourselves in a position where we need to find 3 LB's in one off-season.

I really hope he returns to form because he's a force when he's 100%, but 2006 was not encouraging.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            They are over $30 mil under the cap...they don't HAVE to cut anybody for cap purposes.
            Agreed, but no one said they wouldnt either. Especially if they are going to claim poor due to revenue sharing issue.

Dont skip out on spending money in FA and then keep Roscoe at 4.68 mill!

Comment

Neither do we have to pay ludicrous salaries to bit part players like Parrish making us the laughing stock of the NFL

Comment

• Marvelous
                • Feb 2004

Seems like alot for Roscoe...He isn't going anywhere though...I know the coaches love his upside..I sure got a taste of it this year..I hope he is the #2...What's his major flaw besides he's a shrimp? He takes punishment over the middle more then Evans. No pun to Evans but Roscoe is super small.
                GO BILLS!!! NE
                Magical Trevor

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                  • Feb 2005

Are you guys really that gullible?
                  They slipped a decimal point with Roscoe's salary.

Clump... Where are you?
                  Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 01-17-2007, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Willis should and will remain a Buffalo Bill next year. His comments aside and the fact that he's largely underachieved isn't too much of a concern, he should break out next year, being a contract year and have a huge year. Which I suspect will happen. His value now isn't much, he's an average back in this league, on top of the fact we have no one to replace him.
                    I thought that about Willis ths season. It was no surprise to any of us that his scumbag agent would want a new contract prior to his last season(now)..Willis didn't seem to step up his game..But he sure did the worst possible off the field suicide if ya ask me..Marv & Ralph must be flippin over his behavior...I would tolerate his BS if he produced...
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

• TigerJ
                      • Jul 2002

TKO simply needs to convince the Bills that he was tentative most of the past season because of the lingering effects of his injury. That shouldn't be too difficult because an achilles rupture is the kind of traumatic injury that you'd expect to have a long recovery. If TKO can regain his pre-injury form he is easily worth 6 mil.

I can't see Roscoe ever being worth $4.68 million. That's nothing personal eitherHe seems like a good guy and a team player, but that's starter money and he's never going to be anything more than a role player.

With Willis, it has nothing to do with cap figures. It has more to do with Willis's own attitude. He want's to renegotiate. The Bills on the other hand would be foolish to renegotiate. Willis is not worth the big salary Drew Rosenjerk is undoubtably going to demand. Buffalo has to go into training camp assuming Willis is going to hold out if he doesn't get his way. That means Buffalo trades him if they can or at least sign or draft a player who provides viable competition to Willis for the starting job. That way if he holds out, it's his own loss.
                      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by jp-era

1) Roscoe Parrish-
                        2) TKO-
                        3) Willis-

Those numbers are wrong. There is zero chance Roscoe is earning $4+ million as a second round draft pick. I am betting his salary is closer to $460,000.

Think this through for a minute and it will make sense.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                          Defies all logic
                          • Oct 2006

The NFL is a business, if they can get better value for their money, that's what they will do.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                            Those numbers are wrong. There is zero chance Roscoe is earning $4+ million as a second round draft pick. I am betting his salary is closer to $460,000.

Think this through for a minute and it will make sense.
                            I think you may be right. For some reason I remember a 4 year 2.7 ish contract which would put the decimal one place to the left.

Not necessarily my mistake, but I hate to post something incorrect if thats what it is.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

somebody open a window cuz theres obviously a buildup of gullible gas going on
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X