PDA

View Full Version : According to the cap figures, guys in danger are:

X-Era
01-17-2007, 04:41 PM
From Bills Daily, heres guys with little cap hit if released that are costing a good amount.

1) Roscoe Parrish-
WR Roscoe Parrish $4.68M - $660,000 against cap if released. http://www.billsdaily.com/images/updated.gif
2) TKO-
LB Takeo Spikes $6M - $3M against cap if released. http://www.billsdaily.com/images/updated.gif
3) Willis-
RB Willis McGahee $1.735M - $830,000 against cap if released. http://www.billsdaily.com/images/updated.gif

My take is that TKO should be worried the most, he just isnt worth that much based on last year. Willis is cheap still.

Roscoe? 4.6 mill for Roscoe????? Thats appauling!

Cut him and grab a guy like Ginn Jr.

Mr. Pink
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
From Bills Daily, heres guys with little cap hit if released that are costing a good amount.

1) Roscoe Parrish-
WR Roscoe Parrish $4.68M - $660,000 against cap if released. http://www.billsdaily.com/images/updated.gif
2) TKO-
LB Takeo Spikes $6M - $3M against cap if released. http://www.billsdaily.com/images/updated.gif
3) Willis-
RB Willis McGahee $1.735M - $830,000 against cap if released. http://www.billsdaily.com/images/updated.gif

My take is that TKO should be worried the most, he just isnt worth that much based on last year. Willis is cheap still.

I can see the top two guys either a. gone next year or b. restructured.

I can't see paying a useless WR 4.68 million dollars no matter what his value as a return man as. That's absolutely ridiculous. If Parrish isn't cut or re-structured there is something certainly wrong at OBD.

Spikes, if 100% he's worthy every penny, if not we need to cut bait and move on. Unfortunately that's the way the NFL goes.

Willis should and will remain a Buffalo Bill next year. His comments aside and the fact that he's largely underachieved isn't too much of a concern, he should break out next year, being a contract year and have a huge year. Which I suspect will happen. His value now isn't much, he's an average back in this league, on top of the fact we have no one to replace him.

I'm totally floored by Parrish on this though...another Total Dumbass mistake.

ParanoidAndroid
01-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Roscoe Parrish was pegged as a bad pick from the beginning, and those who called it were right. No way does that guy not get cut unless they restructure, which I believe is a waste of time since Reed is clearly the better slot receiver and is already re-signed. None of our receivers did much in the middle of the field except Reed. We need a wideout who can change that.

Ebenezer
01-17-2007, 05:07 PM
They are over $30 mil under the cap...they don't HAVE to cut anybody for cap purposes.

OpIv37
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Spikes, if 100% he's worthy every penny, if not we need to cut bait and move on. Unfortunately that's the way the NFL goes.

agreed, but no matter what, i don't see us ditching Spikes this year. We're going to lose Fletch and that leaves us really thin at LB. Hell, at points last year we had to put COY FRIGGIN WIRE in at LB.

I think Spikes gets one more year with us, if for no other reason than lack of other options. We have to replace Fletch and add at least one guy for depth- I don't think we'll want to put ourselves in a position where we need to find 3 LB's in one off-season.

I really hope he returns to form because he's a force when he's 100%, but 2006 was not encouraging.

X-Era
01-17-2007, 05:14 PM
They are over $30 mil under the cap...they don't HAVE to cut anybody for cap purposes.

Agreed, but no one said they wouldnt either. Especially if they are going to claim poor due to revenue sharing issue.

Dont skip out on spending money in FA and then keep Roscoe at 4.68 mill!

kernowboy
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM

Neither do we have to pay ludicrous salaries to bit part players like Parrish making us the laughing stock of the NFL

Marvelous
01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Seems like alot for Roscoe...He isn't going anywhere though...I know the coaches love his upside..I sure got a taste of it this year..I hope he is the #2...What's his major flaw besides he's a shrimp? He takes punishment over the middle more then Evans. No pun to Evans but Roscoe is super small.

Yasgur's Farm
01-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Are you guys really that gullible?
They slipped a decimal point with Roscoe's salary.

Clump... Where are you?

Marvelous
01-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Willis should and will remain a Buffalo Bill next year. His comments aside and the fact that he's largely underachieved isn't too much of a concern, he should break out next year, being a contract year and have a huge year. Which I suspect will happen. His value now isn't much, he's an average back in this league, on top of the fact we have no one to replace him.

I thought that about Willis ths season. It was no surprise to any of us that his scumbag agent would want a new contract prior to his last season(now)..Willis didn't seem to step up his game..But he sure did the worst possible off the field suicide if ya ask me..Marv & Ralph must be flippin over his behavior...I would tolerate his BS if he produced...

TigerJ
01-17-2007, 05:34 PM
TKO simply needs to convince the Bills that he was tentative most of the past season because of the lingering effects of his injury. That shouldn't be too difficult because an achilles rupture is the kind of traumatic injury that you'd expect to have a long recovery. If TKO can regain his pre-injury form he is easily worth 6 mil.

I can't see Roscoe ever being worth $4.68 million. That's nothing personal eitherHe seems like a good guy and a team player, but that's starter money and he's never going to be anything more than a role player.

With Willis, it has nothing to do with cap figures. It has more to do with Willis's own attitude. He want's to renegotiate. The Bills on the other hand would be foolish to renegotiate. Willis is not worth the big salary Drew Rosenjerk is undoubtably going to demand. Buffalo has to go into training camp assuming Willis is going to hold out if he doesn't get his way. That means Buffalo trades him if they can or at least sign or draft a player who provides viable competition to Willis for the starting job. That way if he holds out, it's his own loss.

EDS
01-17-2007, 05:43 PM

1) Roscoe Parrish-
2) TKO-
3) Willis-

Those numbers are wrong. There is zero chance Roscoe is earning $4+ million as a second round draft pick. I am betting his salary is closer to $460,000.

Think this through for a minute and it will make sense.

PECKERWOOD
01-17-2007, 05:51 PM

The NFL is a business, if they can get better value for their money, that's what they will do.

X-Era
01-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Those numbers are wrong. There is zero chance Roscoe is earning $4+ million as a second round draft pick. I am betting his salary is closer to $460,000.

Think this through for a minute and it will make sense.

I think you may be right. For some reason I remember a 4 year 2.7 ish contract which would put the decimal one place to the left.

Not necessarily my mistake, but I hate to post something incorrect if thats what it is.

Meathead
01-17-2007, 06:58 PM
somebody open a window cuz theres obviously a buildup of gullible gas going on

YardRat
01-17-2007, 07:07 PM
WR Roscoe Parrish - 4 yrs. $2.7 M.. SB $1.32M

Same site, Rookie contract (http://www.billsdaily.com/frontoffice/2005.shtml#contracts)

Yasgur's Farm
01-17-2007, 07:12 PM
somebody open a window cuz theres obviously a buildup of gullible gas going onNow that's funny!
AND SPOT ON TOO!!!

SABURZFAN
01-17-2007, 07:23 PM
Roscoe Parrish was pegged as a bad pick from the beginning, and those who called it were right.

thank you........ :bravo:

Mr. Cynical
01-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Parrish: $4.68M
TKO: $6M

$10.68M for 2 players with very limited impact.

Cut them.

Love TKO but he's done. Parrish is a runt who is nowhere near worth that kind of money.

feelthepain
01-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Thats very confusing, I had to read it twice. I thought you were saying the Bills are 30 mil over the cap.

feelthepain
01-17-2007, 09:08 PM
Rosco....another TD classic! Wouldn't you guy's love seeing TKO in a fins uni? I could care less, but he seems to really like the Dolphins, he's said it on a few occasions.

Nighthawk
01-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Are you guys really that gullible?
They slipped a decimal point with Roscoe's salary.

Clump... Where are you?

Thank you! I'm halfway through reading this thread and I'm saying to myself that all these people can't be that stupid. Roscoe was picked in the 2nd round! How would he get more money or count more against the cap then McGahee??? Uggh!

patmoran2006
01-17-2007, 09:25 PM
That's gotta be a mistake or a misprint.

Parrish was an unproven SECOND round pick and your telling me he's set to count $4.8 million against the cap next year?

I dont believe that is true, but if it is, marv is off his rocker if he doesnt cut him . $4.6 million for a WR that doesnt even START and arguably isnt even the #3 WR?

Nighthawk
01-17-2007, 09:26 PM
That's gotta be a mistake or a misprint.

Parrish was an unproven SECOND round pick and your telling me he's set to count $4.8 million against the cap next year?

I dont believe that is true, but if it is, marv is off his rocker if he doesnt cut him . $4.6 million for a WR that doesnt even START and arguably isnt even the #3 WR?

Dude, it's not for real...

Goobylal
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I heard they were closer to $40M under the cap. They had about $37M in room and will get a $3M credit (debit?) from a likely-to-be-earned bonus in Shaud Williams' contract that he never earned.

X-Era
01-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Dude, it's not for real...

Hey, look, I may have posted stuff thats not true but it was unintentional and Bills Daily is usually a reputable source.

I think the level fo criticism here is a bit over the top.

It says what it says on their site, but yes its got to b e a mistake.

Anyways, why not let it go and pay attention to the thrust of the thread here. If nothing else, we can save 3 mill if we can TKO. Should we? I absolutely dont think so because hes one of our best even if he isnt living up to HIS standards.

But, if your a cheapskate, whining about revenue sharing issues, you may have your own version of a "cap" from the 80's that would say that maybe we should cut TKO and spend the money elsewhere.

I dont agree with it, but if were gonna be cheapos why not.

clumping platelets
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
No one is in danger of being cut due to cap number because the Bills are in excellent cap shape..........

clumping platelets
01-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I would like to know where that site got Parrish's number........I certainly do not have him that high

X-Era
01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
I would like to know where that site got Parrish's number........I certainly do not have him that high If he made 350+K his first year and signed a 2.7 for 4 years, it stands to reason that they have their decimal in the wrong spot (should be over one to the left). I hope you will back me up that it was a dumb and harmless mistake on my part. Im sorry.

clumping platelets
01-17-2007, 10:53 PM
You just copied what Steve posted at BD........no biggie

SABURZFAN
01-17-2007, 11:37 PM
You just copied what Steve posted at BD........no biggie

:laughter:

:busted:

:lolpoint: jp-era

X-Era
01-17-2007, 11:41 PM
:laughter:

:busted:

:lolpoint: jp-era Leave it to a blazing Romo

BillsFever21
01-17-2007, 11:47 PM
How does a middle 2nd round draft pick cost 4.68m after 3 years in the league? Ouch.

SABURZFAN
01-17-2007, 11:50 PM
How does a middle 2nd round draft pick cost 4.68m after 3 years in the league? Ouch.

if you read up,you won't have anything to worry about that 5th rounder you gave me for him in the BZFL. :up:

clumping platelets
01-18-2007, 12:52 AM

It's an error.............Parrish's cap number is $765,000

His 2006 cap number was $680,000 and if you use cap locks on the "4" you get a "$"......typo error.

Throne Logic
01-18-2007, 01:08 AM
I wonder if Roscoe happened to jump on the Bills Daily site today?

HOLY S&!T!!! I GOT ME A RAISE!

Meathead
01-18-2007, 02:33 AM
:lolpoint: jpe

ParanoidAndroid
01-18-2007, 03:40 AM
How did I not catch that? I think I need a good month break from posting so I can learn to think first again.

alohabillsfan
01-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Rosco....another TD classic! Wouldn't you guy's love seeing TKO in a fins uni? I could care less, but he seems to really like the Dolphins, he's said it on a few occasions.

I would love to see TKO in a dolphins uniform!!!!! He never been to the playoffs so the dolhins uniform would fit him real well for say the next 4 years.

I really believe you need a head coach (Mularkey) first!:bandwagon

Yasgur's Farm
01-18-2007, 06:04 AM
Hey, look, I may have posted stuff thats not true but it was unintentional and Bills Daily is usually a reputable source.

I think the level fo criticism here is a bit over the top.

It says what it says on their site, but yes its got to b e a mistake.

Anyways, why not let it go and pay attention to the thrust of the thread here. If nothing else, we can save 3 mill if we can TKO. Should we? I absolutely dont think so because hes one of our best even if he isnt living up to HIS standards.

But, if your a cheapskate, whining about revenue sharing issues, you may have your own version of a "cap" from the 80's that would say that maybe we should cut TKO and spend the money elsewhere.

I dont agree with it, but if were gonna be cheapos why not.Nobody's on your case for posting this info... You didn't make the mistake.

madness
01-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Nobody's on your case for posting this info... You didn't make the mistake.

Yeah, the guy whose post he stole did. :evil:

Patrick76777
01-18-2007, 08:14 AM

Some fans are obsessed with the Salary cap. Every year they want to create cap space.

I don't understand it. We have something like $39 mil under, but these guys want more.

We couldn't spend that much money. Who cares if Spikes is being over paid? Sure it might matter if we were over the cap or cutting it close, but we're not. So keep these guys.

it drives me insane. Why create holes when we don't have to.

mysticsoto
01-18-2007, 08:41 AM
Some fans are obsessed with the Salary cap. Every year they want to create cap space.

I don't understand it. We have something like $39 mil under, but these guys want more.

We couldn't spend that much money. Who cares if Spikes is being over paid? Sure it might matter if we were over the cap or cutting it close, but we're not. So keep these guys.

it drives me insane. Why create holes when we don't have to.

Exactly. You keep Spikes regardless for the potential that he offers should he return to form. If he doesn't, he hasn't hurt you much, there is plenty of money to spare and you dump him next year if he can't return to his normal self - he might even retire if he feels he's done.

In any case, I still rather have Spikes at LB than Coy Wire!!! Spikes with injury is probably still faster...

clumping platelets
01-18-2007, 09:55 AM
:movie:

Michael82
01-18-2007, 11:03 AM
:lmao: I can't believe you people believed that a 2nd round pick was getting $4.68 million!!! :rofl:

And people call me gullible. :lol: