PDA

View Full Version : James Lofton set to become next Raiders HC!!!!

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Raiders | Lofton reportedly set to become team's next head coach
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:35:55 -0800
Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/31/nfl">San Diego Chargers wide receivers coach James Lofton (http://www.kffl.com/player/9474/nfl) is reportedly set to become the Oakland Raiders (http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl)' next head coach. Lofton and the Raiders (http://www.kffl.com/team/28/nfl) are working on details of a contract, according to sources. Lofton could be named the team's head coach as early as Wednesday, Jan. 17.

I am very surprised to hear this....it may be a false report and Steve Sarkinsan (sp?) USC's O-Coordinator may get the job but according to this report it is Lofton's job! Congrats James!

Raiders | Sarkisian returns for a second visit
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:57:42 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports the Oakland Raiders have brought Southern California assistant coach Steve Sarkisian back for a second visit.

srry guys i had a feeling from the very beginning that this was a false report although I wouldnt be surprised if Lofton got the O-coord job

gil
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
if true, congratulations to James - unfortunately for him, he's walking into a coach shredding machine there.

Devin
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Good for him, he was always a favorite Bill of mine. Hopefully he can turn that thing around.

Carlton Bailey
01-17-2007, 05:54 PM
You never know these days. Maybe he can turn them around quickly a la Sean Payton in New Orleans. I wish him luck.

Kerr
01-17-2007, 06:08 PM
Good luck, loft.

PECKERWOOD
01-17-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm not doubting that he is a good coach, but I must question if he has enough experience to be a head coach, going from a positional coach to a head coach is quite the leap. This opportunity could either make or break his career as a coach.

Philagape
01-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Normally I'd be happy for him, but since it's the Raiders, I feel sorry for him. I think he'll be a good coach.

cocamide
01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Well, he can't do any worse than what's already there. Anyone familiar with the relationship between him and Moss?

Statman
01-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm not doubting that he is a good coach, but I must question if he has enough experience to be a head coach, going from a positional coach to a head coach is quite the leap. This opportunity could either make or break his career as a coach.
Lofton is very, very bright!

I wish he would have been our coach when we interviewed him. I would guess that he'll do very well there. It's obviously not optimal, but expect him to make the most of the little there.

Bling
01-17-2007, 08:41 PM

Exactly.

Oaklandraider
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Im hearing hes going to be the OC and steve sarkisan or josh mcdaneils will be the HC.

patmoran2006
01-17-2007, 09:32 PM
if true, congratulations to James - unfortunately for him, he's walking into a coach shredding machine there.

I totally disagree.

That team was LIFELESS with Art Shell last year. They had no passion and no game plan or game mangement.

Oakland has one of the better defenses in the league, and a pair of star WR's.

What they don't have is an offensive line and a QB. The QB will be taken on draft day (russell or quinn).. The OL is another story.

Its a project, but there are other teams I think in the league in worse shape overall than Oakland (Detroit and Houston off the top of my head)

Lofton should be good for this team, it's going to take some time though, cause that OL is wick wick wackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

BILLSROCK1212
01-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Im hearing hes going to be the OC and steve sarkisan or josh mcdaneils will be the HC.
that's what i thought but this report says otherwise

TigerJ
01-17-2007, 09:49 PM
I totally disagree.

That team was LIFELESS with Art Shell last year. They had no passion and no game plan or game mangement.

Oakland has one of the better defenses in the league, and a pair of star WR's.

What they don't have is an offensive line and a QB. The QB will be taken on draft day (russell or quinn).. The OL is another story.

Its a project, but there are other teams I think in the league in worse shape overall than Oakland (Detroit and Houston off the top of my head)

Lofton should be good for this team, it's going to take some time though, cause that OL is wick wick wackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

I don't think your positions are mutually exclusive. It may be that Art Shell did a poor job and the team did not respond well to him, but some people have questioned whether any coach can succeed with Al Davis looking over his shoulder. I know John Madden did, but that was a LOOOOOONG time ago and maybe Davis wasn't such an irascible old curmudgeon then. If Lofton is the new head coach, I wish him well, but his boss may be the most difficult boss in the league to work with.

patmoran2006
01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Well whoever the coach is, that OL is one of the worst I've ever seen in all my years of following football, and I'm a raiders fan so I watched my share of their games on the Sunday Ticket this year.

TigerJ
01-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Ironic since Art Shell was an offensive lineman as a player and I assume cut his teeth in coaching as an offensive line coach.

kgun12
01-18-2007, 03:25 AM
Good luck James you poor B%*$#*$D!!!

HAMMER
01-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Well whoever the coach is, that OL is one of the worst I've ever seen in all my years of following football, and I'm a raiders fan so I watched my share of their games on the Sunday Ticket this year.

Raider Fan? and a Bills Fan? This explains so much.