PDA

View Full Version : Sabres need Defensive help

Nighthawk
01-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I was very happy with the effort tonight by the Sabres, but it is becoming clearer by the day that this defense just is not good enough. It makes a difference when Tallinder is in there, but there are several players who just aren't good enough. Let's start with Kalinin who is just not coming around like I believe the Sabres had hoped. Everytime he is out there I get nervous that he is going to do something stupid or give the puck away in a crucial moment. Then there is Numminen, who I believe may have hit the wall. He has always been known as a player who makes the smart decision, but I've seen him make numerous bad decisions in the last month or two, whether it be in his own zone or in the offensive zone. At this point, I'm not against including Kalinin in a trade that would bring us a good-to-very good defenseman. I believe this will definitely help the team down the stretch and into the playoffs. Go Sabres!

GThirst
01-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Talinder returns, scratch Kalinin, keep Paetsch in.

I like Teppo, he has had several rough games but generally hes been a great defender. However, his parter IS Kalinin and this may effect Num.

I'm not a big Kalinin hater either... But tonight... That terrible turnover.

Nighthawk
01-17-2007, 09:09 PM
Talinder returns, scratch Kalinin, keep Paetsch in.

I like Teppo, he has had several rough games but generally hes been a great defender. However, his parter IS Kalinin and this may effect Num.

I agree that Tallinder helps, but we need to get anothe guy in here who you don't worry about hurting the team. Kalinin isn't the worst player, but I sure as hell think we can do better and I think we can upgrade the position via a trade. As for Numminen...he needs to be a spot starter. He started to wear down towards the end of last year and it seems like that is happening again this year, but quicker.

mchurchfie
01-18-2007, 02:12 AM
Plus he was in the box serving a penaltie on thir second score too.:cynic: He needs to maybe change the curve of his stick or something, this is one of many times when i have seen him whiff badly on a puck...most of them ending in bad results.