PDA

View Full Version : I finally heard the sexiest words ever on ESPN

evol4276
01-18-2007, 02:18 PM
Tom Brady is overrated as per 1st and 10. Granted it's 1st and ten... but its SOOOOOOO relieving hearing somebody other than myself saying those words. Thanks ESPN!!

ublinkwescore
01-18-2007, 02:19 PM
you sure you didn't take it out of context?

Mudflap1
01-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Look, I DESPISE New England... but how can you say Tom Brady is overrated? I wish he was!

Jon

ublinkwescore
01-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I wonder how much brady's stats have been padded because god forbid the refs flag a pats reciever for pushing off.

LtBillsFan66
01-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Look, I DESPISE New England... but how can you say Tom Brady is overrated? I wish he was!

Jon

agreed

evol4276
01-18-2007, 02:27 PM
you sure you didn't take it out of context? nope.. both guys were making strong points to prove that.

evol4276
01-18-2007, 02:32 PM
the majority of the NE games i have seen have not shown me that he's worth the hype. sure yes he's won the 3 super bowls that will never get let down but how many times has he been bailed out by vinatieri or his d or the refs? last week just showed me even more about that fact. We can bicker about this all you want to but that's just how i see him. Yes he's a bastard in the 4th quarter, and yea he has torn us up most games.. but look at our team the past few years.. we weren't exactly barn burners a lot of those years..

RockStar36
01-18-2007, 02:32 PM
I wonder how much brady's stats have been padded because god forbid the refs flag a pats reciever for pushing off.

Who cares what his stats are. He wins games. And more importantly, he has three Super Bowl rings. THREE!!!

RockStar36
01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
the majority of the NE games i have seen have not shown me that he's worth the hype. sure yes he's won the 3 super bowls that will never get let down but how many times has he been bailed out by vinatieri or his d or the refs? last week just showed me even more about that fact. We can bicker about this all you want to but that's just how i see him. Yes he's a bastard in the 4th quarter, and yea he has torn us up most games.. but look at our team the past few years.. we weren't exactly barn burners a lot of those years..

Bailed out by Vinatieri? Excuse me. Last time I checked Brady had to get the team down the field within two minutes so that Vinatieri could even attempt that kick.

Everyone needs to quit being bitter for two seconds and give credit where credit is due.

evol4276
01-18-2007, 02:42 PM
and other quartbacks can't? this has nothing to do with my hatred with NE.. but theres also a biased about him because the TEAM won the 3 super bowls.. if they hadnt how often would we talk about him? He does great things dont get me wrong what I'm saying is that I PERSONALLY haven't seen him come in be the god that he is.. a lot of the games I've seen from him he threw a horrendous amount of int's or near int's yet the TEAM pulled out the win from either strong play or stupid opponent play. I would put a lot of the NE success on Belicheck, as much as I hate to say it.

ajsdx
01-18-2007, 02:55 PM
w/o brady, ne has 0 super bowl rings.

Gunzlingr
01-18-2007, 02:57 PM
Without the refs, the Pats have 0 superbowl rings :D

evol4276
01-18-2007, 02:58 PM
with a consistantly strong afc east he'd have less. w/o belicheck theyd have none.

LtBillsFan66
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
with a consistantly strong afc east he'd have less. w/o belicheck theyd have none.
And if the stars and moons didn't align, if it was windier, if, if, if.

He gets the job done when it's time to get the job done. He is without question a hall of famer.

evol4276
01-18-2007, 03:01 PM
and for the record im not saying he's some shmuck picked up off the street im saying he isnt the super-freaking hero everyone makes him out to be for the games his team/refs has won

LtBillsFan66
01-18-2007, 03:03 PM
and for the record im not saying he's some shmuck picked up off the street im saying he isnt the super-freaking hero everyone makes him out to be for the games his team/refs has won
You can say the same about Jim Kelly with the talent and coaching he had.

evol4276
01-18-2007, 03:06 PM
well i havent been lucky enough to watch the years we went to the superbowls for the fact that i was in elementary school and barely watched football so i cant say anything about that

HAMMER
01-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Look out, Op and the Hag are gonna come and tell you guys Brady sucks any minute now.

RockStar36
01-18-2007, 03:11 PM
and other quartbacks can't? this has nothing to do with my hatred with NE.. but theres also a biased about him because the TEAM won the 3 super bowls.. if they hadnt how often would we talk about him?

Exactly.

If they didn't win any Super Bowls, there would be no bias toward the team or the players. But...they did! So there will be bias. If the Bills won 3 of the next 5 Super Bowls I'm sure you'd have no problem if the media was biased towards them.

I know the TEAM won. But the QB always gets the most credit (or blame), so what's the big deal? This isn't anything new to the NFL.

Carlton Bailey
01-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Let me guess: The master of idiocy, Skip Bayless, said that, right? There's absolutely nothing overrated about Brady's game. He might be the greatest ever when it's all said and done. Any Bills fan who says otherwise has his or her blinders on. Take them off; he's great.

evol4276
01-18-2007, 03:26 PM
AGAIN RIGHT NOW.. if anyone wants to read anything that i wrote that says the same thing.. I am NOT saying he is terrible i respect what he has done but there has to be a time people let go of the constant chatter that he is the absolute best qb that has come in 10 years.. and dont get me wrong he very well could be but thats not how i see things.. theres a thing called opinion and not everyone is going to feel the same way you do.. which is what i dont understand about this site. when someone presents an opinion then people on this site freak out and think of the oposing person as being out of their mind for not thinking the same as they do. which is why i dont post a whole lot on here..

and ok if we won those superbowls i wouldnt have a problem with it. because that, which seems to be the word of the thread.. would be bias! home team, or in my case just me being a fan.. that would be as a bias. that is why i would not have a problem with that so yea.. we could go on all day about that so im stopping there like some people cant seem to do

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Tom Brady is overrated as per 1st and 10. Granted it's 1st and ten... but its SOOOOOOO relieving hearing somebody other than myself saying those words. Thanks ESPN!!

Sorry dude but as much as I hat the Pats they are dead wrong. The guy wins games and a winer is a winner.