PDA

View Full Version : This is what I wants us doing

kernowboy
01-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Hopefully Marv and Dick stick to their guns

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6378468

gil
01-18-2007, 04:46 PM
You know, the bill belichick worship reminds me of the hype Phil Jackson used to get while coaching the Bulls when MJ was there.

At one point, someone asked an opposing coach about Jackson's book "Sacred Hoops" and the coach said, 'you want to know what his secret is?' - he simply wrote down the number 23.

I think in many ways, he lucked into Brady, who, while I dislike him with every fiber of my being, is one hell of a QB and can be pointed to every bit as many other reasons why the Pats have been so successful.

kernowboy
01-18-2007, 05:11 PM
You know, the bill belichick worship reminds me of the hype Phil Jackson used to get while coaching the Bulls when MJ was there.

At one point, someone asked an opposing coach about Jackson's book "Sacred Hoops" and the coach said, 'you want to know what his secret is?' - he simply wrote down the number 23.

I think in many ways, he lucked into Brady, who, while I dislike him with every fiber of my being, is one hell of a QB and can be pointed to every bit as many other reasons why the Pats have been so successful.

Its not just BB its the GM and its not worship either

The point I was making which has obviously been missed is the Pats work out a system and then sign players to play that system, rather than getting all excited about marquee FA signings. They also realise you don't overpay. Thirdly they realise the wealth has to be spread around. Sign a star player and you also need a poor backup as you can't afford a better one.

Who cares if Briggs and Steinbach demand huge amounts of cash ... I want Marv and Dick to have a way of playing to succeed and go and sign the players to get them and if the press don't agree who gives a damn

PECKERWOOD
01-18-2007, 06:25 PM

I agree.. I'm not saying that Belichick isn't a good coach but I don't think he would have 3 rings on his finger either.

gil
01-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Its not just BB its the GM and its not worship either

The point I was making which has obviously been missed is the Pats work out a system and then sign players to play that system, rather than getting all excited about marquee FA signings. They also realise you don't overpay. Thirdly they realise the wealth has to be spread around. Sign a star player and you also need a poor backup as you can't afford a better one.

Who cares if Briggs and Steinbach demand huge amounts of cash ... I want Marv and Dick to have a way of playing to succeed and go and sign the players to get them and if the press don't agree who gives a damn

yep, sorry, I was carried away by the article - you're absolutely right, the philosophy is sound and they have made smart moves to keep themselves in the thick of things year after year.

I was just saying, I think it's Brady who puts them over the top.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Bellichek is a geious and Brady is a winner. Our turn is coming again. Billieve in Marv.