PDA

View Full Version : I guarantee that we take a RB in the 1st or 2nd round!!

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 04:31 PM
McGahee has worn out his welcome in this town. It's pretty evident that he doesn't want to be here. From what I can gather, his recent request for a contract extension is a thinly veiled attempt to poison the waters with management and force a trade out of Buffalo.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070116/1066004.asp

I thought I posted this thread this AM!! Time to trade Willis. We are not going to give him an extension unless it's for what he's worth. He'll never sign it knowing that at worse he can run hard his last season in Buffalo and hope for better money in 2008. Since we get nothing for me after 2007 why not get draft picks for him now. We made this mistake with Celements and should not do the same wit Willis.

The Bills will take a RB high in the draft. They have to. Obviously if Poluszny or some other "homerun" has dropped to 12 than it will be in the second but it will be first 2 rounds for sure. If the player is good enough to start year 1 than get something for Mcgahee and move on!!

SABURZFAN
01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
:yawn:

:z:

kernowboy
01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
We keep him for 2007

He may be as stupid as a stick but even he has the brains to work out that to get a good deal he'll need to perform next year. We get him to perform by waving the tag option.

We draft the RB of the future in 2008, in one of the best RB drafts.

We use R1+R2+R3 on DT, LB and OL in whatever order

X-Era
01-18-2007, 04:37 PM
McGahee has worn out his welcome in this town. It's pretty evident that he doesn't want to be here. From what I can gather, his recent request for a contract extension is a thinly veiled attempt to poison the waters with management and force a trade out of Buffalo.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20070116/1066004.asp

I thought I posted this thread this AM!! Time to trade Willis. We are not going to give him an extension unless it's for what he's worth. He'll never sign it knowing that at worse he can run hard his last season in Buffalo and hope for better money in 2008. Since we get nothing for me after 2007 why not get draft picks for him now. We made this mistake with Celements and should not do the same wit Willis.

The Bills will take a RB high in the draft. They have to. Obviously if Poluszny or some other "homerun" has dropped to 12 than it will be in the second but it will be first 2 rounds for sure. If the player is good enough to start year 1 than get something for Mcgahee and move on!! I think everyone feels we must run and stop the run and that was our biggest problem. Well, our supposed star RB looked lackluster and now has off the field problems. It stands to reason that we will address the RB spot if we are true to our word.

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 04:45 PM
We keep him for 2007

He may be as stupid as a stick but even he has the brains to work out that to get a good deal he'll need to perform next year. We get him to perform by waving the tag option.

We draft the RB of the future in 2008, in one of the best RB drafts.

We use R1+R2+R3 on DT, LB and OL in whatever order

I thought about this but I don't see the potential for Willis to have a great season in a contract year. Nate stepped it up because he could.

On the other point we have no reason to wave the tag option so I don't know why you brought that up? Plus assuming that Willis doesn't get any better why would we tag someone ranked 23rd so we can pay him the average salary of the top 5 players?!

Let's make this easy for you. He's gone no-matter-what so why not get something now while improving the position in 2007 instead of waiting til 2008 and getting nothing?

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
:yawn:

:z:

Your just sad that your boy is getting pushed out the door instead of Losman. Just admit that you have been wrong about everything in 2006 and become a fan!

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 04:50 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1816710 width="50%">I guarantee that we... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1816710#post1816710)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>01-18-2007 05:36 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>SABURZFAN (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=78)</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">blah...blah....blah..... :stfu: SAB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow, I must have really gotten under your skin by recognizing that you can't back up your ****! Second time you've negged me for no reason in a week. Just an FYI I'm not too worried about my rep. You have tons and your still an idiot.

SABURZFAN
01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1816710 width="50%">I guarantee that we... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=1816710#post1816710)</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>01-18-2007 05:36 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 noWrap>SABURZFAN (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=78)</TD><TD class=alt2 width="50%">blah...blah....blah..... :stfu: SAB</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Wow, I must have really gotten under your skin by recognizing that you can't back up your ****! Second time you've negged me for no reason in a week. Just an FYI I'm not too worried about my rep. You have tons and your still an idiot.

:laughter:

don't flatter yourself.it seems to be the other way around since you're whining about it.......AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SABURZFAN
01-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Your just sad that your boy is getting pushed out the door instead of Losman. Just admit that you have been wrong about everything in 2006 and become a fan!

my boy???? :huh: :idunno:

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Any thoughts on the topic?

That's pretty much the point.

It's a fan based web site and you never offer anything constructive. "Fans" as in we like the Bills. You got any ideas on the 2007 season? If posting spam is something you like doing than have at it.

SABURZFAN
01-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Any thoughts on the topic?

That's pretty much the point.

yeah....taking a RB in the 1st or 2nd round would be a complete waste.just like wasting 3 draft picks on a QB who's only proven that we're doing the same thing before we got him........LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kernowboy
01-18-2007, 05:29 PM
Last season we were 5-11, this year 7-9

JP played every down - do the maths?

SABURZFAN
01-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Last season we were 5-11, this year 7-9

JP played every down - do the maths?

i did.no matter how you slice it,it's STILL sub-.500 and no Playoffs.

X-Era
01-18-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah....taking a RB in the 1st or 2nd round would be a complete waste.just like wasting 3 draft picks on a QB who's only proven that we're doing the same thing before we got him........LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!! For curiosities sake, how did you get 3 draft picks?

X-Era
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
i did.no matter how you slice it,it's STILL sub-.500 and no Playoffs. The Giants paid MORE for Eli, honestly who would you rather have?

HHURRICANE
01-18-2007, 07:05 PM
yeah....taking a RB in the 1st or 2nd round would be a complete waste.just like wasting 3 draft picks on a QB who's only proven that we're doing the same thing before we got him........LOSING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bite. If it is a waste to take an RB than who are we taking?!

SABURZFAN
01-18-2007, 07:46 PM
For curiosities sake, how did you get 3 draft picks?

2nd and 5th rounders that year and the 1st rounder the following.

X-Era
01-18-2007, 07:54 PM
2nd and 5th rounders that year and the 1st rounder the following. I didnt remember it that way, but yes its true. To me it doesnt matter, our QB of the future and now is worth that much.

BILLSROCK1212
01-18-2007, 07:55 PM
every day that goes by it seems more and more likely that we will trade McGahee this offseason

acattack15
01-18-2007, 08:12 PM
taking a RB in the 1st or 2nd round would be a complete waste.

I strongly disagree!! Willis is a decent RB and he also is a big mouth that doesn't even want to be here. So why not grab a RB in the first 2 rounds in the draft this year. That way we can keep Willis for his last year and progress the rookie RB, or trade him for a pick and plug the rookie in split time with A-Train.

Willis is gone after 2007 if not earlier(soon) and this year draft has 3 excellent RBs: Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, and Michael Bush. Personally i like Lynch due to hs all around game. The guy is the TOTAL back- speed, toughness, vision, catching... I think he would be great in a Bills Uni!!
Lynch and Bush who should definelty be there at 12 are great backs, either one would be a great pick, and i think its time to move on from Willis.

Take a RB early in the draft

SABURZFAN
01-18-2007, 08:37 PM
I'll bite. If it is a waste to take an RB than who are we taking?!

your guess is as good as mine. :idunno:

Talk0fNewYork
01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I would love to take either Lynch or P Willis with the 12th pick!

Historian
01-20-2007, 05:55 AM
Somehow, I feel Marv is going to end up with an extra second or third rounder, which is what we will use to take a running back with.

kernowboy
01-20-2007, 06:46 AM
I think we will get an extra pick on Day1 but I think we may do a Clements with McGahee especially considering the amount of talent at RB in 2008. After all McGahee may turn up to every game if he is having to impress 31 teams in the league. He wants to leave some Marv needs to sit down with him and say, "We are not going to renegotiate your deal .. but we will not tag you at the end of the 2007 season"

I would be happy if we traded down with the Saints, gained a No3 off them and maybe a No3 in 2008. They could possibly have 3 x R3 picks (the Chiefs and the Eagles) and as they've got to the NFC championship may want to move up now sacrificing picks in subsequent drafts (a R3 in 2008?)

If that happens we could package in 2008 our R1 + R3 together for a top RB and then we could package our R2 and the extra R3 to move up for a WR .. hell we might even get a decent compensatory pick we can use.

I suspect that Posluzny maybe there in the low 20s so we get our LB and then we can use our 2nd and 2 x 3rds on maybe a TE like Olsen, a DT and maybe a OL or DE

Whatever we get this offseason we are unlikely to go deep into the playoffs so I'd would look to see the 2007 season as a season of improvement again with a 9-7 or 10-6 record and a big push coming in 2008.