• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Chan Gailey and Cam Cameron finalists for Miami HC job

DOLPHINS HEAD COACH: Looks like it's down to Chan Gailey and Cam Cameron for Dolphins head coach. There's a report that says if Cameron is hired that Mike Mularkey's job could be in jeopardy because Mike Shula could be hired as offensive coordinator. But if Gailey gets hired Mularkey should be safe since he coached with Mularkey and Capers for that matter in Pittsburgh.

Lets go Chan Gailey kick some a** in those interviews!!!!
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Re: Chan Gailey and Cam Cameron finalists for Miami HC job

Come on Cam

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Any coach who leaves Mularkey on as offensive coordinator is bound to consistently lose.

Comment

• Historian
        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
        • Dec 2002

...and I was really rooting for Dave Shula.

Comment

• elltrain22
          • Sep 2003

funny to see that Gailey & Cameron is all they can get. That franchise is going no where and I love it.
          If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Quick.

Name the last time in the history of the world that the 2 people vying for a job were named Cam and Chan.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feelthepain
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
              Any coach who leaves Mularkey on as offensive coordinator is bound to consistently lose.
              Yeah, you're winning without him.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by elltrain22
                funny to see that Gailey & Cameron is all they can get. That franchise is going no where and I love it.

Hello.....Dick Juron!

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by feelthepain
                  Yeah, you're winning without him.
                  Hard to judge after one year. They improved by 2 games this year w/o him. Let's check on this after next season.

As for Cameron. I'm trying to figure out what qualifies him as a HC. I'm not trying to start any trouble, I just don't get it. Is he that great of an OC? I would assume that most people w/ LT and Gates could design a pretty good offense. Or am I missing something?

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Please god let Chan Gailey get this job!!
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• dolphan117
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jamze132
                      The first words out of our new HC's mouth. "Mr Mularkey

Comment

• dolphan117
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                        Hard to judge after one year. They improved by 2 games this year w/o him. Let's check on this after next season.

As for Cameron. I'm trying to figure out what qualifies him as a HC. I'm not trying to start any trouble, I just don't get it. Is he that great of an OC? I would assume that most people w/ LT and Gates could design a pretty good offense. Or am I missing something?
                        No question he has some impressive talent but I think he has also done a pretty good job of utilizing that talent. L.T. has the banner season and I believe they have been at the top of the league in scoring for the last 2 years...... To some extent though you just don't know until a guy gets a HC gig how he will make the transition from being a good OC to the responsibilities of HC. What it looks like he would have going for him in Miami is that if Capers signs the new contract we offered him which makes him the highest paid coordinator in the league (we gave him the offer but he hasn't signed it yet reportedly) than Cam wouldn't have to worry about the defensive side of the ball. Also its starting to look like we may not grant the new HC complete control like we have done in the past so Cam might not have to deal with the personnel side of things either. (Which IMO would be a good thing) Honestly I'm just not all that hot about any of the candidates at this point. Guess we will see.

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36

Hmmm, I see, so Cam won because of the talent he had, but MM didn't lose because the talent he had? Somethings not right with the thinking here. The Bills didn't have one single probowler from the offensive side of the ball this year or last year is that coaching or talent?? I'm not trying to start trouble either, but Bill fans sure love to trash MM when he hasn't really had much to work with on either the Dolphins or Bills.

I think Bill fans need to realize it's not as much coaching as it is talent, us Fin fans know we need to improve the talent on the O side of the ball, namely QB and WR. But Bill fans sure don't seem to think it's their talent that's the problem. Nope, it was all MM! Well whats the excuse this year, no MM yet you finish worse on O then the Dolphins A LOT WORSE...who have MM, So honestly which is it? You can't stay on the fence all day.

Comment

• Kerr
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Ftp, do you think either cameron or gailey will do better than jauron already?

Comment

• dolphan117
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                              Hmmm, I see, so Cam won because of the talent he had, but MM didn't lose because the talent he had? Somethings not right with the thinking here. The Bills didn't have one single probowler from the offensive side of the ball this year or last year is that coaching or talent?? I'm not trying to start trouble either, but Bill fans sure love to trash MM when he hasn't really had much to work with on either the Dolphins or Bills.

I think Bill fans need to realize it's not as much coaching as it is talent, us Fin fans know we need to improve the talent on the O side of the ball, namely QB and WR. But Bill fans sure don't seem to think it's their talent that's the problem. Nope, it was all MM! Well whats the excuse this year, no MM yet you finish worse on O then the Dolphins A LOT WORSE...who have MM, So honestly which is it? You can't stay on the fence all day.
                              Last year our offense was 14th in the league in total offense, 16th in passing, 12th in rushing, and 16th in scoring.

This year under MM with most of the same players we were
                              20th in total offense, 13th in passing, 22nd in rushing, and worst of all 29th in scoring.

I find it very hard to look at those numbers and feel absolutely anything positive about MM. Sure we may not have had the players to be a top 10 offense but I don't see how in the world anyone can justify our being the 29th scoring offense in the NFL. Can you honestly say that there are only 3 teams in the league with worse offensive talent than us? Because if you cant than MM took a team that should have scored a lot more than it did and made it underachieve drastically.

Comment

Working...
                              X