• Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

FA Tidbits

Chargers | Dielman could be set to leave
    Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:09:20 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman could leave as a free agent this offseason. Contract talks between Dielman and the team broke off in November, and Dielman figures to receive many lucrative offers once he become a free agent in March.

Lions | Furrey not approached about contract yet
    Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:43:11 -0800

Jon Paul Morosi, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Furrey has yet to hear from team officials regarding a contract proposal. Furrey is slated to become a free agent this offseason.

These are two guys I wouldnt mind signing
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: FA Tidbits

furrey has a pretty short history.. other than this season, he has never done anything.. and he was playing next to roy williams..

we already have one peerless price.. do we need two?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
      furrey has a pretty short history.. other than this season, he has never done anything.. and he was playing next to roy williams..

we already have one peerless price.. do we need two?
      Not ready to call him a Peerless Price, he is currently better than any other WR we have on the roster. Dont just let his stats do the talking, this guy made tough catches all day long and went over the middle alot.
      COMING SOON...

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

peerless had a great great season too once. i am just saying.. he is playing next to one of the best wrs in the game. and he has not done it consistently. he has had one good season in a free agent year.

he seems like a good enough receiver.. i just dont know that i would give that guy a big contract, and i have a feeling that he will get a lot more than the 4 years at 10 mill that price and reed got.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
          ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Talk0fNewYork
          Furrey has learned from a lot of great recievers (Holt, Bruce, Williams) he's worth a look at!

Comment

• Kerr
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Nothing against furrey, but doesn't this team need a tall receiver not a short one?

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

I dont think we need a 5'10 white WR, we need size and someon under 30, i like the OL man though he would be a definete upgrade from Gandy or Preston
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

I like Furrey, who is more athletic than people realize. The guy is a great athlete, it just took some time to find him a position. Remember, with the Rams he got jerked around between S and WR, and they weren't sure where to put him. He finally settled in at WR, and this year shows how much he has improved.

The guy has a lot of natural ability and is sneaky-fast. I think he is a nice fit on a lot of teams, as a Brandon Stokley-type of player.

Dielman is a solid player as well. Nothing overly special, but a solid OG.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                  I like Furrey, who is more athletic than people realize. The guy is a great athlete, it just took some time to find him a position. Remember, with the Rams he got jerked around between S and WR, and they weren't sure where to put him. He finally settled in at WR, and this year shows how much he has improved.

The guy has a lot of natural ability and is sneaky-fast. I think he is a nice fit on a lot of teams, as a Brandon Stokley-type of player.

Dielman is a solid player as well. Nothing overly special, but a solid OG.
                  well.. we have several brandon stokley like players.. reed.. parrish.. price..

we need a big dominant number 2.

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

From someone living near Detriot, the Lions will keep him ... he's the only guy that showed up every week. Then again, seeing how Millen runs the team, I bet they end up letting him go. He could also be a product of knowing the Mike Martz offense for years ... think the Jeff Garcia of WRs
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

well.. we have several brandon stokley like players.. reed.. parrish.. price..

we need a big dominant number 2.

None of those guys are even close to a Stokley type of receiver.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Chargers | Dielman could be set to leave
                        Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:09:20 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman could leave as a free agent this offseason. Contract talks between Dielman and the team broke off in November, and Dielman figures to receive many lucrative offers once he become a free agent in March.

Lions | Furrey not approached about contract yet
                        Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:43:11 -0800

Jon Paul Morosi, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Furrey has yet to hear from team officials regarding a contract proposal. Furrey is slated to become a free agent this offseason.

These are two guys I wouldnt mind signing

sorry not interested in either especially furrey

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                          • Jul 2003

I agree. Stokley has been consistently productive throughout his career. His biggest problems have been staying healthy, which has limited his time on the field. When he plays, he consistently gets open. Also, his 14+ YPC for his career is impressive. Baltiimore never should have let Stokley go, it really hurt their offense.

Furrey is stronger and faster than people realize. The kid was tried at S because he is strong and tough, a solid 6 feet tall and 205#. He can run and is very athletic. He played in 9 games as a Freshman walk-on at Ohio State, before transferring to Northern Ohio and being a productive WR. Raw coming out of college, he played in both the XFL and Arena league before joining the Rams. The kid worked hard and has come a long way. He was a very good ST player with the Rams as well.

IMO, Furrey wasn't a fluke. Granted, he isn't a superstar, but he is a solid guy who will get the most out of his ability and play hard in whatever role he is assigned, without complaint. I'd love to see the Pats sign him.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

your nuts if you dont see an almost identical similarity between reed and stokley. your kidding me right?

and parrish and price are good number 3's..

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

your nuts if you dont see an almost identical similarity between reed and stokley. your kidding me right?

and parrish and price are good number 3's..
                              Stokley is faster than reed. at least he used to be.

but you're right, parrish and price are VERY good #3s.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X