PDA

View Full Version : FA Tidbits

DraftBoy
01-19-2007, 08:31 AM
Chargers | Dielman could be set to leave
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:09:20 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman could leave as a free agent this offseason. Contract talks between Dielman and the team broke off in November, and Dielman figures to receive many lucrative offers once he become a free agent in March.

Lions | Furrey not approached about contract yet
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:43:11 -0800

Jon Paul Morosi, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Furrey has yet to hear from team officials regarding a contract proposal. Furrey is slated to become a free agent this offseason.

These are two guys I wouldnt mind signing

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 08:35 AM
furrey has a pretty short history.. other than this season, he has never done anything.. and he was playing next to roy williams..

we already have one peerless price.. do we need two?

DraftBoy
01-19-2007, 08:36 AM
furrey has a pretty short history.. other than this season, he has never done anything.. and he was playing next to roy williams..

Not ready to call him a Peerless Price, he is currently better than any other WR we have on the roster. Dont just let his stats do the talking, this guy made tough catches all day long and went over the middle alot.

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 08:41 AM
peerless had a great great season too once. i am just saying.. he is playing next to one of the best wrs in the game. and he has not done it consistently. he has had one good season in a free agent year.

he seems like a good enough receiver.. i just dont know that i would give that guy a big contract, and i have a feeling that he will get a lot more than the 4 years at 10 mill that price and reed got.

Talk0fNewYork
01-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Furrey has learned from a lot of great recievers (Holt, Bruce, Williams) he's worth a look at!

Kerr
01-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Nothing against furrey, but doesn't this team need a tall receiver not a short one?

bigbub2352
01-19-2007, 09:03 AM
I dont think we need a 5'10 white WR, we need size and someon under 30, i like the OL man though he would be a definete upgrade from Gandy or Preston

Ickybaluky
01-19-2007, 09:12 AM
I like Furrey, who is more athletic than people realize. The guy is a great athlete, it just took some time to find him a position. Remember, with the Rams he got jerked around between S and WR, and they weren't sure where to put him. He finally settled in at WR, and this year shows how much he has improved.

The guy has a lot of natural ability and is sneaky-fast. I think he is a nice fit on a lot of teams, as a Brandon Stokley-type of player.

Dielman is a solid player as well. Nothing overly special, but a solid OG.

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I like Furrey, who is more athletic than people realize. The guy is a great athlete, it just took some time to find him a position. Remember, with the Rams he got jerked around between S and WR, and they weren't sure where to put him. He finally settled in at WR, and this year shows how much he has improved.

The guy has a lot of natural ability and is sneaky-fast. I think he is a nice fit on a lot of teams, as a Brandon Stokley-type of player.

Dielman is a solid player as well. Nothing overly special, but a solid OG.

well.. we have several brandon stokley like players.. reed.. parrish.. price..

we need a big dominant number 2.

casdhf
01-19-2007, 09:47 AM
From someone living near Detriot, the Lions will keep him ... he's the only guy that showed up every week. Then again, seeing how Millen runs the team, I bet they end up letting him go. He could also be a product of knowing the Mike Martz offense for years ... think the Jeff Garcia of WRs

DraftBoy
01-19-2007, 10:17 AM
well.. we have several brandon stokley like players.. reed.. parrish.. price..

we need a big dominant number 2.

None of those guys are even close to a Stokley type of receiver.

djjimkelly
01-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Chargers | Dielman could be set to leave
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:09:20 -0800

Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers OG Kris Dielman could leave as a free agent this offseason. Contract talks between Dielman and the team broke off in November, and Dielman figures to receive many lucrative offers once he become a free agent in March.

Lions | Furrey not approached about contract yet
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:43:11 -0800

Jon Paul Morosi, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Mike Furrey has yet to hear from team officials regarding a contract proposal. Furrey is slated to become a free agent this offseason.

These are two guys I wouldnt mind signing

sorry not interested in either especially furrey

Ickybaluky
01-19-2007, 11:14 AM

I agree. Stokley has been consistently productive throughout his career. His biggest problems have been staying healthy, which has limited his time on the field. When he plays, he consistently gets open. Also, his 14+ YPC for his career is impressive. Baltiimore never should have let Stokley go, it really hurt their offense.

Furrey is stronger and faster than people realize. The kid was tried at S because he is strong and tough, a solid 6 feet tall and 205#. He can run and is very athletic. He played in 9 games as a Freshman walk-on at Ohio State, before transferring to Northern Ohio and being a productive WR. Raw coming out of college, he played in both the XFL and Arena league before joining the Rams. The kid worked hard and has come a long way. He was a very good ST player with the Rams as well.

IMO, Furrey wasn't a fluke. Granted, he isn't a superstar, but he is a solid guy who will get the most out of his ability and play hard in whatever role he is assigned, without complaint. I'd love to see the Pats sign him.

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 11:15 AM

your nuts if you dont see an almost identical similarity between reed and stokley. your kidding me right?

and parrish and price are good number 3's..

Saratoga Slim
01-19-2007, 11:19 AM
your nuts if you dont see an almost identical similarity between reed and stokley. your kidding me right?

Stokley is faster than reed. at least he used to be.

but you're right, parrish and price are VERY good #3s.

Ickybaluky
01-19-2007, 11:20 AM

Stokley is a much more accomplished WR than Reed. Both are athletic and quick out of breaks, but Stokley runs great routes and has great hands (a weakness of Reed, IMO). Stokley consistently gets open when he plays, has better game speed. Look at their differences in YPC, where Stokley holds over a 2 yard advantage. Stokley is a very under-rated player, IMO.

Granted Reed is a lot more durable and might still get better. Reed is probably better in terms of running with the ball in the open field. However, he will never have Stokley's hands, which are among the best in the league.

ublinkwescore
01-19-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah, but just imagine what he could do next to a Lee Evans though.

Peerless Price was washed up as soon as he left us.

Elminster
01-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Stokley is faster than reed. at least he used to be.

but you're right, parrish and price are VERY good #3s.
So is Reed, for that matter. He may not be as fast, but he's a surprisingly tough runner. The point being...we already have three good #3 options with their own strengths....we don't need another 5'11 slot guy, we need a 6'3+ receiver with good speed and strength on the outside who can simply outmuscle most #2 corners, consistently come down with jump balls in the redzone, and just generally force them to focus on some one other than Evans, something none of our receivers(IMO) are capable of doing. Then our passing attack would be outright terrifying, because we all know what Lee can do.....even if you double him...

HHURRICANE
01-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Instead of going back and forth on Furrey what's everyone's take on Deilman. We need a RG. Is he an upgrade worth bring in? Considering Rivers had time to throw and LT was running well, did he help or were there better playeres on the line?

Kerr
01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Instead of going back and forth on Furrey what's everyone's take on Deilman. We need a RG. Is he an upgrade worth bring in? Considering Rivers had time to throw and LT was running well, did he help or were there better playeres on the line?

Dielman is an upgrade. From what I heard he plays with a mean streak.

YardRat
01-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Don't forget...Deilman played next to a rookie this year, also, in McNeill.

I'd take both he and Furrey and consider it an upgrade.

DraftBoy
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Furrey runs crisp routes and runs very well. He's not overl tall at 6'0 but he brings the one thing we dont have right now and thats an over the middle WR. Reed doesnt do it, Parrish cant do it, and Im not sure exactly what price does/can do at this moment. Furrey would be a great acquisition.

Earthquake Enyart
01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Why sign a Furrey for big bucks when Ted Ginn and Jarrett will be sitting there for the taking in the draft?

kernowboy
01-19-2007, 01:30 PM
Why sign a Furrey for big bucks when Ted Ginn and Jarrett will be sitting there for the taking in the draft?

Because we'll want to be looking at Okoye or Posluzny here

DraftBoy
01-19-2007, 02:22 PM

Ted Ginn isnt worth a 1st round pick, and Jarrett may not be there, Minnesotta loves him.

DraftBoy
01-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Because we'll want to be looking at Okoye or Posluzny here

God I really hope not

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
i dont know that i would mind okoye if the bills like him, but if we took polunzy there.. i would freak out.. he is not worth the 12th overall pick. only in a trade down scenario would i be ok with that.

kernowboy
01-19-2007, 04:12 PM
i dont know that i would mind okoye if the bills like him, but if we took polunzy there.. i would freak out.. he is not worth the 12th overall pick. only in a trade down scenario would i be ok with that.

Ok well if we trade down, Denver have an extra R3 pick, as do the Saints I believe if Stallworth resigns with the Eagles. I think the Saints also have the Chiefs R3.

I would much rather have a draft focused on the defence this year as I think we can upgrade the offence in Free Agency. The quality here is better than the defensive Free agents that we could consider sign able.

The RB class of 2008 is going to be excellent and the WR aren't too shabby. If we can get rid of Willis for an 08 pick on Day1 and sign Duckett to a 1year contract we would be sitting pretty for a RB/WR start to that draft.

Mahdi
01-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Ok well if we trade down, Denver have an extra R3 pick, as do the Saints I believe if Stallworth resigns with the Eagles. I think the Saints also have the Chiefs R3.

I would much rather have a draft focused on the defence this year as I think we can upgrade the offence in Free Agency. The quality here is better than the defensive Free agents that we could consider sign able.

The RB class of 2008 is going to be excellent and the WR aren't too shabby. If we can get rid of Willis for an 08 pick on Day1 and sign Duckett to a 1year contract we would be sitting pretty for a RB/WR start to that draft.
So you want to go into this year with Rumph in place of Clements and Duckett in place of McGahee?

Philagape
01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Why would we want Duckett? He's been a No. 3 RB for two teams now. I'd rather bring back Gates.