Mudflap1
01-19-2007, 11:59 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070119

Jon

HHURRICANE
01-19-2007, 12:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070119

Jon

I'll take the hate if the Bills were this team. Steelers were hated the smae way in the 70's.

RockStar36
01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
I've only read half the article so far, but he is exactly right w/ everything he has said so far.

Jeff1220
01-19-2007, 12:29 PM
I can't believe it took him this long to realize that. I've been using the Yankees = Patriots example for at least 2 years now (and I'm a Yankees fan).

RockStar36
01-19-2007, 12:34 PM
He the difference, IMO of course. I dislike the Yankees because they outspend other teams and get an unfair advantage. The Patriots have the same spending limits as everyone else and seem to do it their way, no matter what. They have released so many star players because of this and still find a way to win.

Thurmal
01-19-2007, 12:37 PM
It's not just that people are "tired" of New England. People are sick of hearing how classy Belicheck and Brady are, when both of them are not only petulant, but very sore losers the few times they do lose games.

Crisis
01-19-2007, 12:47 PM
"Seriously, which slow white guy was beating him to the corner last Sunday -- Bruschi, Vrabel or Izzo? Every time they pitched it to him or swung a screen pass his way, my dad and I were more terrified than Willis McGahee getting the results of another paternity test"

LOL

Michael82
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
It's not just that people are "tired" of New England. People are sick of hearing how classy Belicheck and Brady are, when both of them are not only petulant, but very sore losers the few times they do lose games.
Exactly! **** the Pats! :up:

OpIv37
01-19-2007, 01:14 PM
He the difference, IMO of course. I dislike the Yankees because they outspend other teams and get an unfair advantage. The Patriots have the same spending limits as everyone else and seem to do it their way, no matter what. They have released so many star players because of this and still find a way to win.

good point, but from a Bills fan perspective, it doesn't matter how or why they win. The fact is that we start every season 0-2 cuz they're in our ****ing division, then we have to go and watch the people who kick the crap out of us finish every season by hoisting a trophy over their heads. It's frustrating as hell, and that's why we hate those bastards. If we were the ones winning, I'd expect Dolphins, Pats, and Jets fans to feel the same way about us.

Even the author of this article admitted that the Patriots were always 4th amongst Boston sports teams. Most of these *******s rooting for the Pats weren't around when they sucked in the early 90's or even when they got competitive in the late 90's. In Buffalo, the Bills are 1a and the Sabres are 1b.

DolfanTom
01-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I can't believe it took him this long to realize that. I've been using the Yankees = Patriots example for at least 2 years now (and I'm a Yankees fan).Exactly, this was very obvious to anyone who isn't a Patsie homer!

He JUST got it????:question:

F the Patsies. Go Colts!!!!

Ickybaluky
01-19-2007, 02:04 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that people think Simmons represents Pats fans. I'm a Pats fan and I think the guy is a complete tool.

That said, I recognize that people hate the Pats with all the success they have had, and it is definitely preferable to the days when they were as irrelevant as the Arizona Cardinals.

Mr. Cynical
01-19-2007, 04:54 PM
F*** THE PATS.

At some point they will have pulled out all the horseshoes from their collective ass and will plummet back down to earth. I've really never seen such a fortunate team in my life. I'll give credit to stinky Belli, he's a great coach, but the team itself is nothing special.

To compare this "dynasty" to the 70s Steelers or 80s Niners is to strain credulity, to put it mildly.

And like the other articles said, nobody wants to watch a Volvo win another SB. Yeah, great for Pats fans, but for the rest of the league and the world, it sucks.

Time for a new team to have its day.....go Colts.

DynaPaul
01-19-2007, 05:31 PM
So keep ragging on us all you want. You'd trade places with us in a heartbeat and you know it.

(Now THAT sounds like something a Yankees fan would say.)

Sorry bud but I wouldn't trade places in a heartbeat. If that were the case I'd have jumped ship long ago.

This dude tries to make a case for why we should root for them but totally falls flat.