• Show
Clear All
  • bluehaze
    • Sep 2006

Cam Cameron offered job as Fins HC

Dolphins pick Cameron but must work out details

By ARMANDO SALGUERO AND JEFF DARLINGTON

asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

The Dolphins have decided Cam Cameron should be their next coach and are in the process of finalizing details of the hiring, a source close to the process has told The Miami Herald.

Among the details that are being worked out is whether Cameron indeed wants the job. Cameron was said to have to speak with his family about moving from Coronado, Calif.

• shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cam Cameron offered job as Fins HC

Thanks for posting that!

Please note they say
    The Dolphins have planned no news conferences to introduce Cameron since the hiring process is still incomplete.

Comment

• bluehaze
      • Sep 2006

Yep, Supposedly his wife is originally from Miami, so most likely will be glad to move back. I hope the deal does get done, I would much rather Cam Cameron than Chan Gailey!

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by bluehaze
        Yep, Supposedly his wife is originally from Miami, so most likely will be glad to move back. I hope the deal does get done, I would much rather Cam Cameron than Chan Gailey!
        I have to agree, I think we need a HC that is an O guy.

Comment

• bluehaze
          • Sep 2006

Another article:

The Miami Dolphins have extended an offer to Cam Cameron to be their next head coach, and while there was still plenty of detail work to be completed on his contract, the San Diego Chargers' offensive coordinator is poised to accept the job.

Source: Dolphins, Cameron expected to finalize deal

ESPN.com news services

The Miami Dolphins have extended an offer to Cam Cameron to be their next head coach, and while there was still plenty of detail work to be completed on his contract, the San Diego Chargers' offensive coordinator is poised to accept the job.

Cameron

"He wants the job and the Dolphins want to [complete a deal] by tonight," a source close to the negotiations told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli on Friday afternoon. "There's still a lot to get finished, but I can't see where it would fall apart."
          It is believed the Dolphins were faxing elements of the contract to Cameron's agent, Gary O'Hagan, whose office is in Minneapolis, for his review.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

In a non-related story, South Beach Nissan would like to welcome Mike Mularkey aboard as our new Used Car Associate !
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• feelthepain
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
              In a non-related story, South Beach Nissan would like to welcome Mike Mularkey aboard as our new Used Car Associate !

Comment

• madness
                • Apr 2003

The one guy who I didn't want to go to the Phins. Very good hire.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i agree.. good hire.. i am not overly scared of the guy.. i thought that sabin would be alot better and was much more worried about his hiring, but cameron is as good of a choice as any.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by madness
                    The one guy who I didn't want to go to the Phins. Very good hire.

Yeah, you don't see much Cam bashing like there would have been if Gailey was hired. There is no guarantee Cam will turn things around, but he does have the reume of moving the ball and scoring points. Bill fans can't say anything either because if they can trash MM for not getting it done, regardless of the talent he had then they can't use the talent excuse to say Cam was a success because of it.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      i agree.. good hire.. i am not overly scared of the guy.. i thought that sabin would be alot better and was much more worried about his hiring, but cameron is as good of a choice as any.

I think had Saban stayed he would have turned things around in Miami, he was on track, but we'll never know.

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

yeah.. if you would have hired gailey, i would have laughed my ass off.
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          yeah.. if you would have hired gailey, i would have laughed my ass off.
                          You may still get the chance, Cam hasn't signed anything yet. As far as I understand it, Gailey is the second choice. However it's being reported Cam really wants this job.

Comment

• jmb1099
                            • Sep 2004

Good hire for the fins. I was initially more afraid of him before the Pats game. I am still a bit mystified as to why LT wasn't utilized more in that game. Still, Cameron is a step in the right direction for sure

Comment

• Oaklandraider
                              Smarter than they think
                              • May 2005

hes wont be that good of a HC

Comment

Working...
                              X