PDA

View Full Version : Cam Cameron offered job as Fins HC

bluehaze
01-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Dolphins pick Cameron but must work out details

By ARMANDO SALGUERO AND JEFF DARLINGTON

asalguero@MiamiHerald.com (asalguero@MiamiHerald.com)

<!-- begin body-content -->The Dolphins have decided Cam Cameron should be their next coach and are in the process of finalizing details of the hiring, a source close to the process has told The Miami Herald.

Among the details that are being worked out is whether Cameron indeed wants the job. Cameron was said to have to speak with his family about moving from Coronado, Calif.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16500111.htm

shelby
01-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for posting that!

Please note they say
The Dolphins have planned no news conferences to introduce Cameron since the hiring process is still incomplete.

bluehaze
01-19-2007, 03:05 PM
Yep, Supposedly his wife is originally from Miami, so most likely will be glad to move back. I hope the deal does get done, I would much rather Cam Cameron than Chan Gailey! :dance:

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Yep, Supposedly his wife is originally from Miami, so most likely will be glad to move back. I hope the deal does get done, I would much rather Cam Cameron than Chan Gailey! :dance:

I have to agree, I think we need a HC that is an O guy.

bluehaze
01-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Another article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2736313

Source: Dolphins, Cameron expected to finalize deal

<!-- end pagetitle --><!-- begin bylinebox -->ESPN.com news services

<!-- begin presby2 -->http://adsatt.espn.go.com/ad/sponsors/ESPN_In_House_Marketing/Jan_2007/espn-146x46-0056.jpg (http://log.go.com/log?srvc=sz&guid=CBFFAFAE-CDA8-4254-96E7-B973CECA83BB&drop=0&addata=1332:275:271723:275&a=1&goto=https://www.providiancard.com/bap/envwa/jumpApp.jsp?offer_id=esp02&banner_id=espngeneric01022007bnfl1b146x0462500)
<!-- end presby2 -->
<!-- end bylinebox -->
<!-- begin text11 div --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top><!-- begin leftcol --><!-- template inline -->The Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) have extended an offer to Cam Cameron to be their next head coach, and while there was still plenty of detail work to be completed on his contract, the San Diego Chargers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sdg)' offensive coordinator is poised to accept the job.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD width=65>http://espn.go.com/photo/2007/0119/nfl_g_cameron_65.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD width=2></TD><TD width=65><CENTER>Cameron</CENTER></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
"He wants the job and the Dolphins want to [complete a deal] by tonight," a source close to the negotiations told ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli on Friday afternoon. "There's still a lot to get finished, but I can't see where it would fall apart."
It is believed the Dolphins were faxing elements of the contract to Cameron's agent, Gary O'Hagan, whose office is in Minneapolis, for his review.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Night Train
01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
In a non-related story, South Beach Nissan would like to welcome Mike Mularkey aboard as our new Used Car Associate !

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 03:27 PM
In a non-related story, South Beach Nissan would like to welcome Mike Mularkey aboard as our new Used Car Associate !

:dolfan:

madness
01-19-2007, 03:32 PM
:doh: The one guy who I didn't want to go to the Phins. Very good hire.

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
i agree.. good hire.. i am not overly scared of the guy.. i thought that sabin would be alot better and was much more worried about his hiring, but cameron is as good of a choice as any.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 03:39 PM
:doh: The one guy who I didn't want to go to the Phins. Very good hire.

Yeah, you don't see much Cam bashing like there would have been if Gailey was hired. There is no guarantee Cam will turn things around, but he does have the reume of moving the ball and scoring points. Bill fans can't say anything either because if they can trash MM for not getting it done, regardless of the talent he had then they can't use the talent excuse to say Cam was a success because of it.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 03:40 PM
i agree.. good hire.. i am not overly scared of the guy.. i thought that sabin would be alot better and was much more worried about his hiring, but cameron is as good of a choice as any.

I think had Saban stayed he would have turned things around in Miami, he was on track, but we'll never know.

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 03:41 PM
yeah.. if you would have hired gailey, i would have laughed my ass off.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 03:44 PM
yeah.. if you would have hired gailey, i would have laughed my ass off.

You may still get the chance, Cam hasn't signed anything yet. As far as I understand it, Gailey is the second choice. However it's being reported Cam really wants this job.

jmb1099
01-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Good hire for the fins. I was initially more afraid of him before the Pats game. I am still a bit mystified as to why LT wasn't utilized more in that game. Still, Cameron is a step in the right direction for sure

Oaklandraider
01-19-2007, 03:55 PM
hes wont be that good of a HC

Mudflap1
01-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Looks official from front page of foxsports.com.

Jon

dolphan117
01-19-2007, 04:39 PM
I guess this would explain why Finheaven is down.

I guess of the available candidates this was a good hire. I don't think there was really a "Home run" prospect out there....... As long as Capers stays to run the D (he hasn't signed that offer yet) and Mueller stays as the true GM with control over personnel than I think we are in decent shape. If Capers leaves though all bets are off. I could see him getting overwhelmed if he has to replace Capers and have significant defensive input while being in charge of personnel and trying to turn around our putrid offense. There is just only so much that one guy can do and still do all of it well.

dolphan117
01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
hes wont be that good of a HCWe shall see. As the HC at Indiana he was 13 and 37 over a 4 year span. Since then he has coached under one of the best regular season coaches in the league and I expect he has learned some things. His time as the Chargers OC has been pretty impressive and he will have some weapons in Miami along with all of his draft picks except a 5th rounder and a decent amount of cap space.

As long as Capers stays to take care of the D and Mueller stays as the GM its a pretty good situation for an offensive minded guy to step into. The D would be taken care of and he wouldn't have to spend an inordinate amount of time with the personnel department. He would be able to primarily focus on the offense, which is of course his strength.

Time will tell. At this point I think it was probably the best hire of the available guys but I'm taking a kind of wait and see approach.

Samphin1
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I am ok with this. As a Dolphin's fan, I wasn't overly impressed with any of the candidates out there. Cam is as good as the others, especially if he can whip the offense in shape.

LtFinFan66
01-19-2007, 05:03 PM
We shall see. As the HC at Indiana he was 13 and 37 over a 4 year span. Since then he has coached under one of the best regular season coaches in the league and I expect he has learned some things. His time as the Chargers OC has been pretty impressive and he will have some weapons in Miami along with all of his draft picks except a 5th rounder and a decent amount of cap space.

As long as Capers stays to take care of the D and Mueller stays as the GM its a pretty good situation for an offensive minded guy to step into. The D would be taken care of and he wouldn't have to spend an inordinate amount of time with the personnel department. He would be able to primarily focus on the offense, which is of course his strength.

Time will tell. At this point I think it was probably the best hire of the available guys but I'm taking a kind of wait and see approach.I totally discount his Indiana record. It is never easy coaching football at a basketball school in a football conf. Time will tell.

texasphinsfan
01-19-2007, 05:05 PM
I am ok with this. As a Dolphin's fan, I wasn't overly impressed with any of the candidates out there. Cam is as good as the others, especially if he can whip the offense in shape.

that is pretty much my opinion.

i wasn't blown away by any of the available candidates out there... but Cameron was the best of what was available i guess.

funny how finheaven is down during the biggest news of the offseason - its been down all day, so it wasn't like it went down with traffic at the announcement.

god i hope his first order of business is to fire Mularkey.

LtFinFan66
01-19-2007, 05:07 PM
god i hope his first order of business is to fire Mularkey.:goodpost:

dolphan117
01-19-2007, 05:09 PM
that is pretty much my opinion.

i wasn't blown away by any of the available candidates out there... but Cameron was the best of what was available i guess.

funny how finheaven is down during the biggest news of the offseason - its been down all day, so it wasn't like it went down with traffic at the announcement.

god i hope his first order of business is to fire Mularkey.I think there is just about a 0% chance MM is asked to stay. Cam will want to run his own offense and will hopefully retain playcalling duties....... If Gaily had been hired I was afraid he would stay but with this hire I very seriously doubt it. The OC will probably be Garrett, at least I hope so.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 05:21 PM
Cam WHO? Never heard of him. HORRIBLE CHOICE DOLPHINS!!!

texasphinsfan
01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I think there is just about a 0% chance MM is asked to stay. Cam will want to run his own offense and will hopefully retain playcalling duties....... If Gaily had been hired I was afraid he would stay but with this hire I very seriously doubt it. The OC will probably be Garrett, at least I hope so.

yeah i'd be happy with Shula or Garrett, honestly.

texasphinsfan
01-19-2007, 05:28 PM
Cam WHO? Never heard of him. HORRIBLE CHOICE DOLPHINS!!!
Cam Cameron was the offensive coordinator of the Chargers, which had the #1 scoring offense this year.

don137
01-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I am not sold on him but I don't have anything to say he wasn't a great hire...He had outstandings Qbs in Brees and Rivers and had the best RB and TE in the game today. Now if he had anything to do with there development then he is to be commended. If he was riding there coat tails then he will be exposed. Time will tell...

dolphan117
01-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Cam WHO? Never heard of him. HORRIBLE CHOICE DOLPHINS!!!DAMIT, just when I was starting to feel good about this. :D:

bluehaze
01-19-2007, 05:47 PM
He was credited with both Brees and Rivers development ad well as Randle El's in college. He also put Gus Frerotte into the pro-bowl!

Anyway he is having a press conference in 15 minutes, it will be live on miamidolphins.com if anyone is interested. 7pm EST

I don't know what happened with Fin Heaven, they were trying to implement a vbucks system and poof site is gone!

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
I am not sold on him but I don't have anything to say he wasn't a great hire...He had outstandings Qbs in Brees and Rivers and had the best RB and TE in the game today. Now if he had anything to do with there development then he is to be commended. If he was riding there coat tails then he will be exposed. Time will tell...

Here we go, the almighty Bill fans have spoken. They're all knowing when it comes to OC's, why? I have no idea! It's not like you have a clue what you're talking about. Cam has given teams fits with his Offensive schemes, former QB coach of the Chargers, Brian Schottenheimer for the previous 4 years in San Diego last year joined the Jets as their OC and they run the same system. They had a great season under new HC Eric Mangini. We also interviewed Schottenheimer for the HC position. Miami has needed to do a better job on the offensive side of the ball for a long time, how can a team do better then the top rated OC in the league?? We now have the number 1 OC and a DC that coached the 5th raned D in the league. If Miami had put any points on the board this year with any regularity, we would have made the playoffs. There is no doubt Miami just improved their O a great deal with this hire, not to mention the upgrade to player personnel thats to follow.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Cam Cameron was the offensive coordinator of the Chargers, which had the #1 scoring offense this year.
Who couldn't have done well with all that talent. Too bad he buckled in the playoffs....

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Here we go, the almighty Bill fans have spoken. They're all knowing when it comes to OC's, why? I have no idea! It's not like you have a clue what you're talking about. Cam has given teams fits with his Offensive schemes, former QB coach of the Chargers, Brian Schottenheimer for the previous 4 years in San Diego last year joined the Jets as their OC and they run the same system. They had a great season under new HC Eric Mangini. We also interviewed Schottenheimer for the HC position. Miami has needed to do a better job on the offensive side of the ball for a long time, how can a team do better then the top rated OC in the league?? We now have the number 1 OC and a DC that coached the 5th raned D in the league. If Miami had put any points on the board this year with any regularity, we would have made the playoffs. There is no doubt Miami just improved their O a great deal with this hire, not to mention the upgrade to player personnel thats to follow.
We know our OCs man. It is well documented....

jmb1099
01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
He's just making a counter point. Don't keep being so sensitive.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Who couldn't have done well with all that talent. Too bad he buckled in the playoffs....

I guess his 14-2 record and his #1 ranking are meanigless too right, because you Bill fans only see the worst possible when it comes to anything the Dolphins do!?!?! BTW, the Fins have a better D then the Chargers!

Tatonka
01-19-2007, 06:05 PM
fortunately, miami doesnt have a qb worth a dirt pie.. so even if they draft a stud, it will still take a year or two if he does turn out to be a player and not a bust, like a high percentage of them are. i still wouldnt be feeling great as a miami fan.. that is for sure.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:07 PM
I guess his 14-2 record and his #1 ranking are meanigless too right, because you Bill fans only see the worst possible when it comes to anything the Dolphins do!?!?! BTW, the Fins have a better D then the Chargers!
Yes it is meaningless since it got them no more wins in the playoffs than either of our teams... HORRIBLE.

LtFinFan66
01-19-2007, 06:08 PM
it's official

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=head2>Dolphins hire Cameron as new head coach</TD><TD align=right><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--//var dclkFeaturesponsor='http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/'+vTag+';'+vTarget+';'+uID+';sz=150x30;tile=5;ord='+random+'?';if (switchDclk != 'off') { if (location.search.substring(1).indexOf('DCLK')>-1) document.write('<input type="text" value="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'" style="width:150px">
'); document.write('<script src="'+dclkFeaturesponsor+'"><\/script>'); }// --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/stories;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;team=MIA;user=Named;ct=USA;st=FL;ac=321;gend=M;age=U;seg=nonaol;ctype=lan;lang=en-us;lang=en-us;vpmp=no;adv=a;cust=no;vip=no;u=turdferg84;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=6393146923010605?"></SCRIPT>http://m1.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif (http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v8/34e0/0/0/%2a/x;44306;0-0;0;10732674;238-150/30;0/0/0;u=turdferg84;~sscs=%3f)<NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD noWrap>NFL.com wire reports </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="MARGIN: 5px 0px 5px 5px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: #cccccc 1px solid">http://images.commissioner.com/images/tools/send-over.gif (http://nfl.com/emailafriend/index?location=http://www.nfl.com%2Fteams%2Fstory%2FMIA%2F9941985&headline=Dolphins%20hire%20Cameron%20as%20new%20head%20coach)

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- T9941985 --><!-- Sesame Modified: 01/19/2007 18:14:04 --><!-- sversion: 5 &#036;Updated: sethp&#036; -->
DAVIE, Fla. (Jan. 19. 2007) -- Cam Cameron will try to succeed where Nick Saban failed -- with the Miami Dolphins (http://nfl.com/teams/news/MIA).
Miami concluded a two-week coaching search, hiring Cameron, the San Diego Chargers' offensive coordinator the past five seasons.
Cameron signed a four-year contract to replace Saban, who left for Alabama after a 6-10 season (http://nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9905429). Saban missed the playoffs in both years with Miami, whose roster needs an overhaul to fix an aging defense and a feeble offense.
http://nfl.com/teams/story/MIA/9941985

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:08 PM
fortunately, miami doesnt have a qb worth a dirt pie.. so even if they draft a stud, it will still take a year or two if he does turn out to be a player and not a bust, like a high percentage of them are. i still wouldnt be feeling great as a miami fan.. that is for sure.

What??? Stop it with the stupid posts, Daunte isn't worth dirt? If that isn't the most ******ed post of the week I'd be shocked.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Yes it is meaningless since it got them no more wins in the playoffs than either of our teams... HORRIBLE.

I guess the Colts are horrible too right?

Side note: Capers signs his extention.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:10 PM
What??? Stop it with the stupid posts, Daunte isn't worth dirt? If that isn't the most ******ed post of the week I'd be shocked.
Culpepper is a 30 year old QB with a bum leg and no grasp of running an offense without Randy Moss. It is a good post.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:11 PM
I guess the Colts are horrible too right?

Side note: Capers signs his extention.
How do you make that comparison since the Colts are 1 win away from the superbowl. You make no sense. Go back to football 101 you obviously failed.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Culpepper is a 30 year old QB with a bum leg and no grasp of running an offense without Randy Moss. It is a good post.

Yeah, you just keep that dream alive.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:14 PM
What dream that a guy named Cam Cameron is our head coach. That is a ****ing nightmare!!!

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:15 PM
How do you make that comparison since the Colts are 1 win away from the superbowl. You make no sense. Go back to football 101 you obviously failed.

This year!!! What about all the years previous when they've won 13 to 15 games a season then lose at home to their visiting wildcard team? You are so bias, it's a joke.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:17 PM
This year!!! What about all the years previous when they've won 13 to 15 games a season then lose at home to their visiting? You are so bias, it's a joke.
Yes but they were never 1 and done like the Chargers and their pathetic offensive showing last Sunday.

You are calling me bias but you are the one licking Cam Camerons balls. THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!

LtFinFan66
01-19-2007, 06:18 PM
better than licking Dick's balls :idunno:

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:19 PM
better than licking Dick's balls :idunno:
Why are you sticking up for Phin fans man?

LtFinFan66
01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I am not defending FTP. He can fight his own battle. Just sticking up for the Fins as I well should.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Yes but they were never 1 and done like the Chargers and their pathetic offensive showing last Sunday.

You are calling me bias but you are the one licking Cam Camerons balls. THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!

Really what about last year to Pittsburgh??

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:25 PM
I am not defending FTP. He can fight his own battle. Just sticking up for the Fins as I well should.
Why would you go against your team man... Doesn't make sense.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Really what about last year to Pittsburgh??
Yes one time but they have consistantly won a game or 2 in the playoffs for years now. AND who gives a **** about the colts? Focus on your teams HORRIBLE signing at coach please.

Al13
01-19-2007, 06:29 PM
cameron has a live press conference goin on the miami dolphins home page, i like what he says so far

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Yes one time but they have consistantly won a game or 2 in the playoffs for years now. AND who gives a **** about the colts? Focus on your teams HORRIBLE signing at coach please.

See you don't even know what you're talking about, the fact that "you" think it's a horrible hire means nothing, you don't even know what happened in the playoffs just last year, why would anyone listen to you? Who gives a crap what your opinion of Cam is.

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:35 PM
See you don't even know what you're talking about, the fact that "you" think it's a horrible hire means nothing, you don't even know what happened in the playoffs just last year, why would anyone listen to you? Who gives a crap what your opinion of Cam is.
I DID know that. I was going with the Colts team as a whole over 5 plus years. Just because you want so badly to believe it IS a good hire doesn't mean anything either.

You give a crap because you are becoming Irate. Truth is Saban screwed you guys hard and you are now scrambling at this point.... I am not complaining as a Bills fan!!! :dance:

Bling
01-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Bro. It's amazing that I could tell you the same thing about the Bills (with Losman and Jauron), and you'd argue that till death. Time will tell.

LtFinFan66
01-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Why would you go against your team man... Doesn't make sense.shut up Thurm

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Bro. It's amazing that I could tell you the same thing about the Bills (with Losman and Jauron), and you'd argue that till death. Time will tell.
Don't tell me you didn't notice JPs improvement over the last half of the season.

I am not sold on Jauron myself after the Titans game so no arguments there.

Bling
01-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Don't tell me you didn't notice JPs improvement over the last half of the season.

I am not sold on Jauron myself after the Titans game so no arguments there.

Improvement? I definitely saw an improvement from the first Miami to the second Miami game. I'm not sold on him as an elite or even a good QB, but I am sold he's a top 32 QB in the league. Probably around 20-25, imo.

Bling
01-19-2007, 06:40 PM
shut up Thurm
:rofl: A tough Lt? Reps!

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Improvement? I definitely saw an improvement from the first Miami to the second Miami game. I'm not sold on him as an elite or even a good QB, but I am sold he's a top 32 QB in the league. Probably around 20-25, imo.
Elite? not now certainly, he may or may not ever reach that status(I am thinking probably not)
Good? How do you define good? He was in the top 15(more around 10) in most major categories. Are you saying there are only 10 good Qbs in the league?

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 06:43 PM
I DID know that. I was going with the Colts team as a whole over 5 plus years. Just because you want so badly to believe it IS a good hire doesn't mean anything either.

You give a crap because you are becoming Irate. Truth is Saban screwed you guys hard and you are now scrambling at this point.... I am not complaining as a Bills fan!!! :dance:

Typical Bill fan sounding like a jealous girlfriend. Your theory is that hiring the number one rated OC in the league this year as your new HC is a bad hire, the stupidity of that opinion is staggering.

LtFinFan66
01-19-2007, 06:44 PM
:rofl: A tough Lt? Reps!I am just not playing along with Thurm's ruse where he pretends to not know I am a Fin Fan

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Typical Bill fan sounding like a jealous girlfriend. Your theory is that hiring the number one rated OC in the league this year as your new HC is a bad hire, the stupidity of that opinion is staggering.
Jealous. I am happy. You get a guy with no head coaching Exp. That worked out well for us with Williams and Mularky......

Bling
01-19-2007, 06:49 PM
I am just not playing along with Thurm's ruse where he pretends to not know I am a Fin Fan

Got to spread it around, but Fin fans unite (minus FTP)! :up:

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:50 PM
They surely don't unite at Pro player on Sundays..... :ill:

bluehaze
01-19-2007, 06:53 PM
They surely don't unite at Pro player on Sundays..... :ill:

Nope, they unite at Dolphin Stadium! :dance:

Good PC from Cameron, I like what I heard, I am excited about our future and I thank God Saban and Mularkey are gone!

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Nope, they unite at Dolphin Stadium! :dance:
!
I have been there trust me they don't.......

Al13
01-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Jealous. I am happy. You get a guy with no head coaching Exp. That worked out well for us with Williams and Mularky......

but it can work dude, see mangini and peyton

THATHURMANATOR
01-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Those guys were exceptions to the rule....

bluehaze
01-19-2007, 07:01 PM
I have been there trust me they don't.......

Just a play on words, I have a feeling you will see plenty of Fans next year though! Our offense has been boring for so long a guy like Cameron is just what the doctor ordered to get the fanbase excited again! I am excited already! Break out the booze Fin fans it's time to get drunk :dance:

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 07:02 PM

How much HC experience did Sean Peyton or Eric Mangini have at the start of last year? Besides, we have Dom Capers and MM both with HC experience to help Cam in the transition. You know nothing at all about football do you?

dolphan117
01-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Its a shame that what should be a good thread gets sidetracked by this......

Static
01-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I am happy the process is over, and i am pleased with the decision. I will put my faith in Cam and hope for the best (same as i have done with Johnson, Wanny, Saban)

NJFINSFAN1
01-19-2007, 07:50 PM
I would have rather have had Whisenhunt, but Cam would be my second pick, thank god its not Mora or Shula.

mysticsoto
01-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Well, regardless of whether Cam ends up being a good HC or not (which is not a given) he has some serious work cut out for him. With 20 FAs and a fair/average purse to spend (where are you guys in terms of cap space?) as well as an aging defense, he's got alot of work to do - right from the top starting with the QB. Atleast you guys get Ricky back since for some unknown reason, Ronnie isn't doing too well for you yet (but that is likely due to Mularkey)...

!Papacrunk!
01-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm also really happy that Capers has reportedly signed his deal as well.

NJFINSFAN1
01-19-2007, 08:22 PM
Well, regardless of whether Cam ends up being a good HC or not (which is not a given) he has some serious work cut out for him. With 20 FAs and a fair/average purse to spend (where are you guys in terms of cap space?) as well as an aging defense, he's got alot of work to do - right from the top starting with the QB. Atleast you guys get Ricky back since for some unknown reason, Ronnie isn't doing too well for you yet (but that is likely due to Mularkey)...

We are in okay shape with the cap, not great but not bad, we need to sign a few of our own so that will cut in a bit.

Brown really has never gotten a chance to be the man with Mularkey (Just se the last few games, he is running down the Jets and Colts throat and we stop giving it to him).

I am very concerned with the QB's. Although just maybe Lemon will benfit from being under Cam before? I'm not sold on Culpepper at all.

dolphan117
01-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I am very sold on Pep. As Bills fans know it takes 2 years to come back from that type of injury. To me the real question is what our O line is going to be like. If it starts out like it did this year than we are going to have a serious problem, if they start the season like they finished this one though we should be in decent shape. I think it also has to be a concern as to how long it will take for this team to absorb yet another offense.

Ingtar33
01-19-2007, 10:17 PM
how hard is it to coach an o-unit with LT and Antonio Gates?

better yet, how big a genius is this guy, when LT, the best football player in the world, touched the ball, what? 23 times?

just 4 times in the 2nd half; in botching the game vs NE?

i don't think the rest of the AFCE is shivering in fear.

feelthepain
01-19-2007, 11:11 PM
how hard is it to coach an o-unit with LT and Antonio Gates?

better yet, how big a genius is this guy, when LT, the best football player in the world, touched the ball, what? 23 times?

just 4 times in the 2nd half; in botching the game vs NE?

i don't think the rest of the AFCE is shivering in fear.

So if Cam gets little credit for being a good coach (because of talent), how does MM get all the blame for being a bad coach(because of talent)?? Seems like some Bill fans choose look at things in their own light. How can you call yourself a football fan if you can't even be honest with yourself? I guess using your theory about how easy coaching the Chargers talent is, MM would be able to go in their and win 14 games...Right?

SABURZFAN
01-20-2007, 12:14 AM
I think there is just about a 0% chance MM is asked to stay.

DAMN IT!!!!!!!!the Fish can't do anything right. :mad:

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 01:04 AM
but it can work dude, see mangini and peyton
add Lovie Smith & Tony Dungy to that list.

come to think of it, 3 out of 4 coaches in the playoffs ATM are prior OC/DCs....

i would think you couldn't make a "guaranteed" case against OC/DCs being either failures OR successes.... its a wash.

really we'll just have to see. i'm excited though.

Historian
01-20-2007, 05:50 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that Huizenga is cutting his losses to make the team more attractive to new buyers.

Bargain basement coach, bargain basement players.

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 06:36 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that Huizenga is cutting his losses to make the team more attractive to new buyers.

Bargain basement coach, bargain basement players.
you're a moderator here?

Historian
01-20-2007, 08:23 AM
What does that have to do with the fire sale at No Pro Bowl Player Stadium?

dolphan117
01-20-2007, 09:37 AM

Bargain basement coach, bargain basement players.One wonders how you expect people on the main board to be thoughtful and post intelligently when a Mod posts pointless unsupported smack in the main forum instead of the Smack Zone where it belongs.

I mean if you think its a bad hire fine, I'm taking a wait and see approach myself. But if Mods are going to post crap like this I don't think you can complain about FTP and other who also consistently post smack in the middle of what is supposed to be an intelligent football discussion.

texasphinsfan
01-20-2007, 03:13 PM
What does that have to do with the fire sale at No Pro Bowl Player Stadium?
is has nothing to do with the dolphins.

i just i just expected a little more maturity and diplomacy out of the people of rank or position here.

guess i was mistaken.

Bling
01-20-2007, 03:48 PM
you're a moderator here?

He's well known for sarcasm and incorrect opinions, but being uninformed has nothing to do with being a moderator. Just move on, guys. Fellow fin fans, when you end debating with people like this, just quit responding to them. They're not worth your time.

Oaklandraider
01-26-2007, 04:29 AM
We shall see. As the HC at Indiana he was 13 and 37 over a 4 year span. Since then he has coached under one of the best regular season coaches in the league and I expect he has learned some things. His time as the Chargers OC has been pretty impressive and he will have some weapons in Miami along with all of his draft picks except a 5th rounder and a decent amount of cap space.

Time will tell. At this point I think it was probably the best hire of the available guys but I'm taking a kind of wait and see approach.

Cam is like norv turner dude. Cam isnt that great of a play caller either which is why alot of others thought he lost the playoff game for them. I just dont see anything great from cam especially with the team that was built in SD already by marty.

!Papacrunk!
01-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Cam is like norv turner dude. Cam isnt that great of a play caller either which is why alot of others thought he lost the playoff game for them. I just dont see anything great from cam especially with the team that was built in SD already by marty.

thanks for your opinion, and good luck with the Raiders. Also, on an unrelated note, does anyone know a good bed and breakfast set up?

jamze132
01-26-2007, 07:19 AM
How much HC experience did Sean Peyton or Eric Mangini have at the start of last year? Besides, we have Dom Capers and MM both with HC experience to help Cam in the transition. You know nothing at all about football do you?
Please refrain from refering to Mularkey and HC eperience. It sure was an experience! I have never seen someone so excited about Mike Mularkey.