X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

A little rant

I've realized after Saban that finding an actual HC in the league is a nothing more than a theory. You can tell the losers majority of the time after their first stint, but guys like Saban and Cameron are real guesses. They could have the greatest background in the world, but could suck as a coach.

That's why I'm holding off being excited about the hiring. I'm glad Miami is actually acknowledging it has an Offense, but this guy could be Mike Mularkey for all I know. He could also be Bill Belicheck. We just don't know. We'll see where this franchise is going about midseason. First season is a pass, but you can definitely get a look for the future about midseason.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: A little rant

Behlicheck is a defensive minded coach....

Comment

• Bling
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      Behlicheck is a defensive minded coach....
      I realize that. I just couldn't think of a great coach on offense that's still alive. Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy aren't great offensive coaches, and Sean Peyton as an offensive coach is debatable.

I used Belicheck because he's a great motivated, and has his team organized whether they're on offense or defense. Understand?

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bling
        I realize that. I just couldn't think of a great coach on offense that's still alive. Lovie Smith, Tony Dungy aren't great offensive coaches, and Sean Peyton as an offensive coach is debatable.

I used Belicheck because he's a great motivated, and has his team organized whether they're on offense or defense. Understand?
        I'm happy with this hire, thrilled? Not right now, but happy nonetheless. I think he fits what we need the most. I think if he lets everyone else do their job without interference, it's for the best. By Dom signing his contract extension today it means he's fine with the hire and believs things are headed in the right direction. Things are coming together, will we win? I don't know but we could have done much worse then Capers and Cameron. Lets not forget Cam worked with Houck in San Diego and Cam is also a big fan of Capers. It doesn't seem like there is going to be a big disruption to the team as with most coahing changes. I feel much better now then I did two weeks ago, wouldn't it be crazy if Saban leaving was the key to our success?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
          I'm happy with this hire, thrilled? Not right now, but happy nonetheless. I think he fits what we need the most. I think if he lest everyone else do their job without interference, it's for the best. By Dom signing his contract extension it means he's fine with the hire and believs things are headed in the right direction. Things are coming together, will we win? I don't know but we could have done much worse then Capers and Cameron. Lets not forget Cam worked with Houck in San Diego and Cam is also a big fan of Capers. It doesn't seem like there is going to be a big disruption to the team as with most coahing changes. I feel much better now then I did two weeks ago, wouldn't it be crazy if Saban leaving was the key to our success?
          Do what you need to do to justify this with yourself...

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Jesus Christ could coach your team and you'd still lose. This just makes it worse.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

ICE probably would have taken the job.

Comment

• feelthepain
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Mar 2005

Bling starts a legit thread and these are the type of post you can expect from Bill fans. Bravo!

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Bling starts a legit thread and these are the type of post you can expect from Bill fans. Bravo!
                  your team is in sad shape.

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Typ0

Really? Say's who, you? Well I may aswell pack it in then. A Bill fans thinks the fins are in sad shape, not using facts or proof, just an opinion! This coming from a fan of a team that went 7-9. But you did beat and injured Daunte and Joey Harrington, so that means the Bills are SB bound. Congrats!

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Bling
                      I've realized after Saban that finding an actual HC in the league is a nothing more than a theory. You can tell the losers majority of the time after their first stint, but guys like Saban and Cameron are real guesses. They could have the greatest background in the world, but could suck as a coach.

That's why I'm holding off being excited about the hiring. I'm glad Miami is actually acknowledging it has an Offense, but this guy could be Mike Mularkey for all I know. He could also be Bill Belicheck. We just don't know. We'll see where this franchise is going about midseason. First season is a pass, but you can definitely get a look for the future about midseason.
                      Great post.

In this day and age it really is hard to be excited about a new coach, more often then not bad comes before good. As a Bills fan I am well versed in this subject.

Personally I think Cameron was one of the better choices, one I hoped the fish wouldnt make but either way as you said hiring a coach these days is almost as big a crap shoot as the draft.

The 2nd season is a big tell, year 1 anything can happen. Payton did a masterful job in NO but I am more curious to see what he does year 2. At any rate of the canidates the fins interviewed imo they got the best of the group.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• bluehaze
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Typ0
                        WAS in sad shape, the times they are a changin though!

Comment

• feelthepain
                          All-Pro Zoner
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Devin

The 2nd season is a big tell, year 1 anything can happen. Payton did a masterful job in NO but I am more curious to see what he does year 2. At any rate of the canidates the fins interviewed imo they got the best of the group.

I think the fact that we got a guy that has a great offensive mind will help this team quite a bit. His system works, to what degree depends on the talent you have. I think with money we have to spend this year we add some talent through FA that will make an impact on O.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Really? Say's who, you? Well I may aswell pack it in then. A Bill fans thinks the fins are in sad shape, not using facts or proof, just an opinion! This coming from a fan of a team that went 7-9. But you did beat and injured Daunte and Joey Harrington, so that means the Bills are SB bound. Congrats!

you want me to give you points because our team is in sad shape too? whiner.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Miami still sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X