PDA

View Full Version : Mikka Noronen

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 07:12 PM
...is playing in Russia.

I'd love to get him signed up next season to back up Miller.

:lolpoint: Canucks- we got their 2nd rounder for him!

camelcowboy
01-19-2007, 07:22 PM
They got taylor Pyatt, he has 12 goals this year :down:

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Shows you how weak the Canucks are.

Isn't he on the Sedin line? So he's getting double the ice time on the Canucks than he did in buffalo- yet his 20 points woud still only make him the 11th highest scoring player in Buffalo.

No thanks- they can have him

YardRat
01-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Are you planning on trading Biron?

camelcowboy
01-19-2007, 08:18 PM
Shows you how weak the Canucks are.

Isn't he on the Sedin line? So he's getting double the ice time on the Canucks than he did in buffalo- yet his 20 points woud still only make him the 11th highest scoring player in Buffalo.

No thanks- they can have him

He just scored :down:

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Are you planning on trading Biron?nope- this is for next season.

I'm not even sure you could get Noronen for this year.

The Sabres won't get value for him if they trade- he's a FA and would probably fetch less than Noronen did - the best they could hope for is an impact rent-a-player who is also a FA at the end of the year.

Only deal him if we have major injury needs

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 08:54 PM
nope- this is for next season.

I'm not even sure you could get Noronen for this year.

The Sabres won't get value for him if they trade- he's a FA and would probably fetch less than Noronen did - the best they could hope for is an impact rent-a-player who is also a FA at the end of the year.

Only deal him if we have major injury needs

Biron should be dealt if this team is serious about winning the Cup. It is very obvious that this team needs something and Biron sitting on the bench during the playoffs does nothing for the team.

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 09:04 PM
I really don't think you have a concept of "insurance"

If Miller is out for a week in the playoffs the sabres are screwed. If Biron sits the bench through the playoffs-- that means Miller is healthy and playing well.

Seems like a good deal to me

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Biron should be dealt if this team is serious about winning the Cup. It is very obvious that this team needs something and Biron sitting on the bench during the playoffs does nothing for the team.OK Mr answer man- what do the Sabres need- name a player & team that we will trade with

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 10:11 PM
I really don't think you have a concept of "insurance"

If Miller is out for a week in the playoffs the sabres are screwed. If Biron sits the bench through the playoffs-- that means Miller is healthy and playing well.

Seems like a good deal to me

Playing safe gets you beat and the same is true here. The problem that everybody seems to forget is that Biron, IMO, is not a championship goalie. Therefore, I feel that if we lose Miller, our Cup dreams are probably lost too. Thus, you make your team stronger in front of Miller and play to win.

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 10:14 PM
OK Mr answer man- what do the Sabres need- name a player & team that we will trade with

Very easy answer...Phoenix. I like both Shane Doan & Jovanowski...either would be an excellent fit for the Sabres and Phoenix is not happy with their goaltending. Another possible player that I would like would be Guerin, but the way St. Louis is playing right now it doesn't look like they will be trading away their players at the deadline.

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Very easy answer...Phoenix. I like both Shane Doan & Jovanowski...either would be an excellent fit for the Sabres and Phoenix is not happy with their goaltending. Another possible player that I would like would be Guerin, but the way St. Louis is playing right now it doesn't look like they will be trading away their players at the deadline.

Jovanoski? He just signed a 5 year $32 million deal- $7 million per season- almost the max.

Subtract Biron's contract and you would still have to cut $5 million in salary just to get him on the roster- Going to axe Briere? How about half our defense?

Shane Doan makes $3.4 Million - you would have to cut an aditional $1 Million from the Sabres lineup to get Doan's 15 goals and 13 assists into the line up. He's instantly your 2nd highest player and highest paid RW. Sit Max or Pomenville AND Paille or Mair to find him a roster spot and clear the cap space. All so he can be the 9th highest scorer on the team. Plus, he's a career underachiever

Bill Guerin is the only one that makes a small amount of sense cap wise. But what you do is add a 36 year old rent a player and put the Sabres cup chances in the hands of Adam Denis or Adam Berkhoel if Miller ever had an injury. It makes wayyy more sense trading Kotalik for Guerin and not re-signing Guerin at the end of the season, creating 2 million in cap space. So this deal makes ZERO sense if the whole idea is to get something in return for a guy who is walking at the end of the year.

Biron won 13 games in a row last season with Miller out, and does a very decent job this year spotting Miller.

The Cane's won the cup having a very good backup last season. Anaheim & Nashville are proving you need top notch backup goaltending around. Where would they be without Mason and Bryzgolov? Both their #1s went down for a month or more.

Please- stop the insanity already. If a deal with Biron is made, it will be for another proven backup. No one is going to give you much for a goalie that is walking in 40 games - and you can't trade him for players that cost sigificantly more. The best would be to duplicate the Noronen deal- find a desperate playoff team that just lost their #1 for the year. Maybe you get a decent draft pick.

Hell- how about Biron for Malkin & Crosby while we are at it?

SkateZilla
01-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Pyatt is doing something he never did in Buffalo, Standing in front of the net...

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 10:46 PM
C'mon- Next deal please.....

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 10:54 PM
Biron is also one of the most popular players in the dressing room- longest tenured vet on the team and is not making a huge stink about playing- a solid team mate and great for chemestry.

If you want to make a deal, you trade Biron to St Louis for Manny Legacy- who is also walking at the end of the season but makes 1 million less than Marty. You still have veteran playoff backup experience and it gives you cap room in case you need to make space for someone like Conolly if he comes back at all.

SkateZilla
01-19-2007, 10:56 PM
$50 says he'll take a paycut.....

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Jovanoski? He just signed a 5 year $32 million deal- $7 million per season- almost the max.

Subtract Biron's contract and you would still have to cut $5 million in salary just to get him on the roster- Going to axe Briere? How about half our defense?

Shane Doan makes $3.4 Million - you would have to cut an aditional $1 Million from the Sabres lineup to get Doan's 15 goals and 13 assists into the line up. He's instantly your 2nd highest player and highest paid RW. Sit Max or Pomenville AND Paille or Mair to find him a roster spot and clear the cap space. All so he can be the 9th highest scorer on the team. Plus, he's a career underachiever

Bill Guerin is the only one that makes a small amount of sense cap wise. But what you do is add a 36 year old rent a player and put the Sabres cup chances in the hands of Adam Denis or Adam Berkhoel if Miller ever had an injury. It makes wayyy more sense trading Kotalik for Guerin and not re-signing Guerin at the end of the season, creating 2 million in cap space. So this deal makes ZERO sense if the whole idea is to get something in return for a guy who is walking at the end of the year.

Biron won 13 games in a row last season with Miller out, and does a very decent job this year spotting Miller.

The Cane's won the cup having a very good backup last season. Anaheim & Nashville are proving you need top notch backup goaltending around. Where would they be without Mason and Bryzgolov? Both their #1s went down for a month or more.

Please- stop the insanity already. If a deal with Biron is made, it will be for another proven backup. No one is going to give you much for a goalie that is walking in 40 games - and you can't trade him for players that cost sigificantly more. The best would be to duplicate the Noronen deal- find a desperate playoff team that just lost their #1 for the year. Maybe you get a decent draft pick.

Hell- how about Biron for Malkin & Crosby while we are at it?

It's my opinion and to be honest, I trust my knowledge of hockey more than yours. All I need to know is that you believe Biron can win the cup if Miller goes down and I then know that you are not worth wasting my breath. Listen, is it nice to have Biron as insurance, yes. However, I would like to win the cup and I don't think this team has what it takes to get over the top...it needs a little spice added to the roster. All you have to see is how they have played in the last 2 months and it is pretty clear that this team is lacking defensively and some grit up front. If you want to argue that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 11:00 PM
$50 says he'll take a paycut.....

Biron? No way

He can show up in LA, Florida, or Columbus and easilly pull down $4 million a season. Maybe Boston gets into the act too. Tampa would kill to have him, but they have no space left. They have half their money tied up in their top line. He will be one of the more sought- after free agents on the market.

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 11:01 PM
Biron is also one of the most popular players in the dressing room- longest tenured vet on the team and is not making a huge stink about playing- a solid team mate and great for chemestry.

If you want to make a deal, you trade Biron to St Louis for Manny Legacy- who is also walking at the end of the season but makes 1 million less than Marty. You still have veteran playoff backup experience and it gives you cap room in case you need to make space for someone like Conolly if he comes back at all.

Of course, a goaltender would have to be part of the deal in a trade for Biron. Also, don't discount the fact that if you pick up a "rent-a-player", then you are only paying the remainder of this year, which is well with in reason for the Sabres. Guerin & Legacy for Biron & Kotalik...I do it in a heartbeat!

Nighthawk
01-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Biron? No way

He can show up in LA, Florida, or Columbus and easilly pull down $4 million a season. Maybe Boston gets into the act too. Tampa would kill to have him, but they have no space left. They have half their money tied up in their top line. He will be one of the more sought- after free agents on the market.

And he will be one of the most overpayed also. He just isn't a top notch goalie.

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 11:13 PM
It's my opinion and to be honest, I trust my knowledge of hockey more than yours. All I need to know is that you believe Biron can win the cup if Miller goes down and I then know that you are not worth wasting my breath. Listen, is it nice to have Biron as insurance, yes. However, I would like to win the cup and I don't think this team has what it takes to get over the top...it needs a little spice added to the roster. All you have to see is how they have played in the last 2 months and it is pretty clear that this team is lacking defensively and some grit up front. If you want to argue that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Well- your hockey knowledge completely discounts

1- the Cap
2- The fact that Biron does not have to win you the ******* cup. His only purpose is to insure that the rst of the $40 million payroll isn't flushed down the toilet if Miller gets hut...LIKE HE DID LAST SEASON!!!!

Do the Sabres win 13 in a row last year if Berkhoel or Denis are on the roster instead of Biron???

You are right. This is a sensless argument. Weaken the team's goaltending depth so that you can add a goal scorer to what already is the the highest scoring (by a wide margin BTW) team in Hockey.

How does this make any sense?

Dozerdog
01-19-2007, 11:16 PM
And he will be one of the most overpayed also. He just isn't a top notch goalie.If you are Los Angeles, who is putting a Japanese Goalie on the ice these days and getting shelled- Biron looks like Martin Brodeur

Philagape
01-20-2007, 12:27 AM
There's just no way Cam Ward can win a Stanley Cup ....

oops, wrong year :doh:

SabreEleven
01-20-2007, 09:48 AM
It's my opinion and to be honest, I trust my knowledge of hockey more than yours.

Yet, he just shot bullet holes your trade logic in black and white with facts and numbers. All you come back with is "It's your opinion". Oh I forgot, you are the only one in the NorthEast to play hockey, my bad. Your trade ideas make no sense.